HHN 32 aka the Year of David Pumpkins-Sep TR-Completed 11/2

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Hello & :welcome:!!!

My name is Raeven :wave2:

IMG_9560.JPG

And if there's anything you should know about me, it's that obviously I am terrified of outlines of the Invisible Man. :rotfl2:

I went on this trip with my boyfriend Josh:

IMG_9546.JPG

Who really should've noticed Michael Myers behind him...

This was our 8th HHN and we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary! We both love Halloween and horror movies so this is something we look forward to all year.

IMG_9797.JPG

This year we stayed from September 6th-17th at Universal's Aventura Hotel, and had a really great trip. We had a lot of time to relax & to spend at HHN. We also had amazing meals, visited some really cool places, took an unmasking the horror tour, and got to catch up with some friends.

IMG_9761.JPG

This trip report is a little belated, but I still wanted to share our trip with you all. I'm also going to be trying out a bit of a different format than usual since I'm using this site for pictures instead of Imgur.

Stay tuned if you want to hear about:
-A really cool horror shop we went to in Orlando
-All the amazing meals we had
-Our first 6 house Unmasking the Horror Tour
-Our opinions on the houses and scare zones this year
-What HHN treats we tried
-Our trip to MNSSHP
& more

IMG_0160.JPG

Table of Contents (HHN Trip)

Arrival & Night 1 of HHN
Atomic Horror
Bice Ristorante
Life Goal: Meet David Pumpkins, Status: Complete
You Can't Have Gelato Before 4pm!
HHN Night 3
Dinner at Shula's
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 1
Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 2
Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 3
Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 4
Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 5
HHN & a Disney Dinner Date
Boardwalk Views & Another Night at HHN
Chucky's Twisted Playground

Our Last Night at HHN

Table of Contents (Sleepy Hollow)
Sleepy Hollow Trip
The Great Jack O Lantern Blaze
Lyndhurst Mansion
The Armour-Stiner Octagon House
Cabinet of Curiosities

Last edited:
Arrival & Night 1 of HHN

We had an uneventful flight into Orlando. Josh napped and I watched Burn Notice. (I started watching it slightly before the trip, and now I'm about 5 seasons in. It's such a good show!)

This trip we did something a little different and decided to rent a car which ended up being a great decision, and we really liked the freedom of not having to depend on the Uber, and of being able to go off property whenever we wanted to. Normally with parking and everything the rental car ends up being a bit too much, but I think it was worth it, and I feel like we got a pretty good deal on the car itself for the amount of time we had it.

We also stayed at Aventura in one of the deluxe rooms again which has become sort of my go to when we stay at Universal. In the last year I've found the deluxe hotels prices haven't been as good as they used to be, and we don't need EP since we're not going into the parks during the daytime, and has HHN passes with EP. Last year we stayed at Aventura for the first time in one of the deluxe rooms, and I really loved it. The deluxe rooms are bigger, and have great views, and though the layout is a little awkward if you have people in two different beds both trying to use the TV I didn't really have any issues with it.

I like the controls being on the iPad (although sometimes the cable or TVs don't work 100% correctly and that's a little annoying). As for the hotel itself, I like that it's compact, and has buses but is also a short walk from the water taxi. I don't really like the food options at the hotel itself, but it's a short walk/ride away from many other options.

I didn't take any pictures of the room when we arrived, but I did take a picture of the view from the windows surrounding the room:

IMG_9365.JPG

We journeyed off to Cowfish next for some burgers before our first night at HHN.

IMG_9376.JPG

I had avoided Cowfish for awhile because the burgers can be kind of a tossup here. Will it actually be cooked like you ordered or totally well done? But Josh wanted to go back because he loves the peanut butter burger they have. (Although peanut butter on a burger just seems wrong to me). :crazy2: And I have to say this time the burgers were pretty good. (I went with the CBCLT).

It was finally HHN time!

IMG_9379.JPG

Like we normally do, we got the Rush of Fear pass with Express. That pass works best for us because we only go during the first few weeks, and we had planned to go more nights than usual this year. Because of that we also like to spread things out a bit, and not try to do all the houses in one night. This first night we only visited three of the houses.

Our first stop was the HHN Tribute Store:

IMG_9402.JPG

I loved the comic book theme in the store this year! (I even purchased the comic book seen above).

IMG_9409.JPG

Loved the film noir look of this room:

IMG_9415.JPG

IMG_9423.JPG

And this room with the diner setup:

IMG_9478.JPG

Though I bought a few things over the time we were there I was not as impressed with the merchandise this year. Last year I felt like I had to have everything (that vintage Halloween theme and pumpkin lord merch was pretty awesome). But I didn't really like the planchette/eye design that seemed to be all over everything this year. There was some individual stuff for the houses I liked (I bought the Dueling Dragons shirt, the IP house shirt, and the Stranger Things shirt as well as the Stranger Things cup and mug), but I didn't really like the event-wide merch lines this year.

At the Tribute Store I grabbed a Hellfire macaron:

IMG_9439.JPG

It had a pumpkin filling, and was pretty delicious.

The weather actually wasn't bad the first night, and I decided to take advantage of the fact that my hair was not a puff ball yet.

IMG_9471.JPG

Continued in next post

Last edited:

When we were by the Tribute Store we'd gone in the Yeti Campground Kills house, and the Dueling Dragons house since neither had a very long wait. These were two houses I ended up really liking during the event, but I did feel like the first night we went through was lacking scare actors compared to other nights of the event when I went through these houses.

Yeti Campground Kills ended up becoming a favorite house for both of us, while I really liked Dueling Dragons, but Josh didn't care for it as much. (I know some people complained that it wasn't very scary, but I really liked the fantasy horror vibe of it. It reminded me a lot of Army of Darkness).

Next we went to Universal Monsters Unmasked which featured the Invisible Man, Jekyll and Hyde, the 1920's Phantom of the Opera, and the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

IMG_9452.JPG

This first night this was my favorite house we went through, and it's definitely my favorite of the Universal Monster houses they've done. I'm more a fan of the singing Phantom of the Opera than the 1920's one, but really liked the updating of the story to include the Phantom stealing people's faces.

IMG_9459.JPG

Atomic Horror

The next day we decided to put our rental car to good use, and grab some things at Publix. It was very handy being able to go to the market whenever we wanted, and we saved a ton on bottled water, sunscreen, and snacks. I also had heard about a cool horror shop in the Orlando area last year, called Atomic Horror so we decided to stop there too.

But first I had to take a picture of me being scared by the outline of the Invisible Man. :laughing:

IMG_9560.JPG

All the lobbies had different ones of these which I thought was fun. I got pictures in a few of them throughout the trip.

Atomic Horror was a very cool little shop.

IMG_9526.JPG

They had all kinds of displays, and a lot of really cool merchandise.

IMG_9561.JPG

As you can see from my shirt, I love the Evil Dead movies so I was very excited about the Evil Dead displays here. I was also very tempted to buy a Necronomicon purse, but knew I wouldn't use it much outside of the trip so I didn't buy it. :rotfl2:

IMG_9509.JPG

They have everything from birthday cards, magnets, pillows, tiki mugs, pictures/posters, plushes, and tshirts. They carry shirts from one of my favorite online shops for horror clothes, Cavity Colors too.

IMG_9546.JPG

More Evil Dead stuff:

IMG_9523.JPG

Josh had a They Live shirt on so this was perfect:

IMG_9551.JPG

Because I had already bought far too many shirts for this trip, I did show some restraint, and didn't buy the whole store. (But I did order more stuff from the store later on at home).

This is what we ended up getting:

IMG_9557.JPG

Next Up
Dinner & Another night at HHN!

Bice Ristorante

Since this was our 10 year anniversary trip we decided we'd be having several anniversary dinners :laughing: , and this was one of them. (Although we do go to Bice every year because it's one of our favorite restaurants at Universal).

IMG_9605.JPG

We drove our car over, which was a lot easier than catching two water taxis and walking. Because we'd already paid for parking at our hotel it was free at the other resorts when we needed to use it.

Portofino Bay looking gorgeous as always.

IMG_9592.JPG

We started with the bread and dipping oils.

IMG_9602.JPG

For appetizers, Josh got the:

Wagyu Beef Tartare
Diced Raw Wagyu Beef,Capers,Chives,Shallots,Cognac Zabaione Sauce

IMG_9603.JPG

& I got the:

La Caprese Classica
Fresh burrata Mozzarella, Vine ripened Tomatoes, Basil Pesto

IMG_9604.JPG

I've had this many times before and I love the creamy and delicious burrata although I like to use some of the Balsamic dipping oil for this too.

For dinner Josh got the:

Tagliatelle alla Bolognese
Tagliatelle, slow braised Bolognese Ragu’,Marinara

& I got the:

Pappardelle al Telefono
Pappardelle,Mozzarella,, fresh Basil, Tomato Cream Sauce

IMG_9606.JPG

We pretty much always get the same dishes here because they're so delicious. Mine has a creamy sauce with mozzarella melted in.

I was hoping to get a snack at HHN so we decided to skip dessert.

Some views on the way out:

IMG_9610.JPG

IMG_9612.JPG

They also had some singers out tonight on the balcony overlooking the Harbor, and they were amazing.

Another of the monster photo ops:

IMG_9624.JPG

I look like I'm saying "No, Mr. Phantom I don't want to catch that chandelier". :laughing: (This was the pose the thing next to the photo op recommended).

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Life Goal: Meet David Pumpkins, Status: Complete

Enjoy my nightly mirror picture to show off my cool shirt collection in case I don't take any other pictures of myself at HHN. :rotfl2: Tonight's shirt was the Bride of Chucky (which is my favorite Chucky movie).

IMG_9657.JPG

After a bit of a rest back in the room we got ready to head to HHN for the second night.

IMG_9658.JPG

Tonight we were meeting Alyssa and Zack!

IMG_9632.JPG

And this guy! :laughing:

IMG_9635.JPG

I have to say I was not overly impressed by the scare zones this year. I read/listened to the whole story before we went about Oddfellow and how he factored into the zones, and to me it just felt like they picked zones and then tried to make some overarching story fit. The zones themselves didn't seem as impressive to me as in years past, and I'd think without the context of reading about them/listening to them it would be hard to tell what any of them were. I did take some pictures here and there, but not as many as in previous years.

We entered the park the opposite way this time, and did the Oddfellow house first.

IMG_9639.JPG

In contrast to the scare zones, most the houses this year were amazing. Like 8/10 of them were so good I'm not even really sure how to rank them. But this one didn't really impress me, and I'd say it was in the bottom 2.

One thing I'd been excited about this year was meeting David Pumpkins!

IMG_9641.JPG

Yes, that's weird. Yes, it's like an 8 year old SNL sketch that apparently most people haven't seen, and yes it's weird to have this guy who doesn't really look like Tom Hanks walking up to people saying only three different lines and moving his hands a lot. It's also kind of hilarious.

IMG_9660.JPG

Btw I found out most people hadn't seen the sketch when I would bring it up. I always make people watch it when they say they haven't seen it, but I thought everyone knew who he was. :rotfl2:

IMG_9662.JPG

In the sketch his name is David S Pumpkins, but I guess he dropped the S this year, and normally he has backup dancers with him (in the sketch), but I guess they just decided to have the guy only at HHN. :rotfl2:

IMG_9663.JPG

Alyssa and Zack had also never seen the sketch when we went to take these pictures. :rotfl2:

With that accomplished we decided to go into the Exorcist: Believer house since the line was pretty short. This was the worst smelling house this year, and is also in my bottom 2. I didn't really have an interest in seeing that movie, and I remember how badly it was received by test audiences like a year ago. After the first trailer there was a lot of buzz for it online, but I still didn't think it look that good. The house didn't change my mind at all, and when it came out in theaters it doesn't sound like it was very popular.

We also did the Stranger Things house, which was one of my favorites this year. I love Stranger Things, and the 4th season was so good! I kept imagining how they'd make it into a house while watching it, and was disappointed they didn't last year. I think they did a really great job with it, and I was really excited it was one of the ones we'd go through on the Unmasking the Horror Tour the following week.

Before we left I got the Mummy Oreo Cheesecake Pop.

IMG_9646.JPG

This was my favorite treat at HHN this year. I really liked the red velvet one from the previous year, but this was even more delicious! It reminded me of those Philadelphia Cheesecake bars they used to have years ago (if anyone remembers those, no one I was with had ever heard of them :rotfl2:).

Next Up
A trip to Disney Springs, dinner at Strongwater Tavern, & more HHN!

Last edited:

I love your trip reports. My husband and I have changed the way we do Disney over the years, which includes getting a car every trip now. It really does allow you freedom and the ability to experience new things, and areas. I totally agree with picking up water and little odds and ends to save some money. Looking forward to hearing more!

Love the updates Raeven, glad you enjoyed Bice again, it always looks so good!!

Have to admit the David Pumpkin guy is someone I`ve never heard of.....but SNL is not a show we get.

Many folks saying the same about scare zones this year which is a shame. In all honesty I think we`re done with HHN from now on, but glad you enjoyed the houses, well most of them!

Look forward to your next update :)

I love your trip reports. My husband and I have changed the way we do Disney over the years, which includes getting a car every trip now. It really does allow you freedom and the ability to experience new things, and areas. I totally agree with picking up water and little odds and ends to save some money. Looking forward to hearing more!
Thank you! With parking it’s usually so much more that we’ve never considered it, but I hate having to depend on Uber. It was so nice to be able go wherever, leave places early if it was raining, or buy things at a grocery store instead of the hotel store.
Love the updates Raeven, glad you enjoyed Bice again, it always looks so good!!

Have to admit the David Pumpkin guy is someone I`ve never heard of.....but SNL is not a show we get.

Many folks saying the same about scare zones this year which is a shame. In all honesty I think we`re done with HHN from now on, but glad you enjoyed the houses, well most of them!

Look forward to your next update :)
Thank you! Bice is always so delicious!

I have found most people have no idea who that is :rotfl: I don’t even watch SNL normally so I’m not sure how I saw it. It’s one of those things that’s so dumb it’s a little funny.

Aw I’m sorry to hear that. I think the scare zone theming this year just didn’t work for us, but I also thought the houses except those 2 were better than usual so I still felt like it was worth going.

Josh wanted to go back because he loves the peanut butter burger they have.
BECAUSE IT'S SO GOOOOOOD. That's what I always get :rotfl: and had for lunch on our first day. Zack thinks peanut butter on a burger is weird too.
Since this was our 10 year anniversary trip we decided we'd be having several anniversary dinners :laughing: , and this was one of them. (Although we do go to Bice every year because it's one of our favorite restaurants at Universal).
I approve. Also I'm now extremely sad we didn't fit Bice in on our trip.
They also had some singers out tonight on the balcony overlooking the Harbor, and they were amazing.
Natalie really enjoyed that last year when Zack's parents had her back at the hotel :rotfl:
Alyssa and Zack had also never seen the sketch when we went to take these pictures. :rotfl2:
:duck:
This was my favorite treat at HHN this year. I really liked the red velvet one from the previous year, but this was even more delicious! It reminded me of those Philadelphia Cheesecake bars they used to have years ago (if anyone remembers those, no one I was with had ever heard of them :rotfl2:).
This was so good. I think I don't remember those because I'm not usually a cheesecake fan so just seeing the word makes me skip over it.

BECAUSE IT'S SO GOOOOOOD. That's what I always get :rotfl: and had for lunch on our first day. Zack thinks peanut butter on a burger is weird too.
Josh would agree :laughing: I gave it a try one time, but I didn't really like it.
I approve. Also I'm now extremely sad we didn't fit Bice in on our trip.
Aw that is sad :sad1:
Natalie really enjoyed that last year when Zack's parents had her back at the hotel :rotfl:
:rotfl2:
This was so good. I think I don't remember those because I'm not usually a cheesecake fan so just seeing the word makes me skip over it.
It was so good! Normally I'm not big on cheesecake either, but those were so good. I'm not sure anyone remembers them :rotfl2: I feel like they stopped making them a very long time ago.

You Can't Have Gelato Before 4pm!

At Disney Springs we had to get my favorite for lunch, the Classic Poutine from The Daily Poutine:

IMG_9684.JPG

The very sweet CM at the poutine booth (who I believe was actually French Canadian) seemed confused by my name.

So I now go by Raber... :laughing:

IMG_9683.JPG

Josh grabbed some brisket from Polite Pig.

IMG_9685.JPG

And then we did some shopping. Sadly, I didn't really love Disney's Halloween merch collection either so I didn't find much.

We did stop to get some soaps in Basin though, where Josh washed his hands with a lot of attitude it looks like. :rotfl:

IMG_9687.JPG

Back at our hotel I decided I wanted to get some chocolate gelato. (Most the Universal hotels sell gelato/ice cream at the QS). But when I went downstairs around 3pm to get it that station didn't appear to have anyone working at it. Some of the stations were still open so I wasn't sure if I missed the time they were open or if the employees move around to different stations in the hours between meals. So I asked someone working at one of the other station's if I could purchase gelato now. And they told me that I wouldn't be able to purchase gelato before 4, maybe 5pm unless I wanted an entire carton of it.

I know that's probably the hour the other station opens back up for dinner, but it kind of made me want to laugh that there were certain hours I was not allowed to buy gelato. :rotfl2:

So I just walked over to Strongwater Tavern, and got it. I guess they don't have the same gelato rules there. :rotfl:

IMG_9689.JPG

A few hours later we decided to go for dinner at Strongwater Tavern. I got my usual sliders.

IMG_9699.JPG

While Josh got a flight &

Grilled Octopus
Yucca, chorizo, escabeche, tomatillo sauce

IMG_9700.JPG

I think the sliders are delicious, and the fries you can order with them are really good too. Josh loved the octopus and said it was the best he ever had. I do not eat octopus so I will take his word on that. :rotfl:

View out on the deck:

IMG_9702.JPG

During dinner, Josh had a bit of a headache and it was getting worse so he decided to stay in the room for the night. So I was going to go to HHN and meet up with Alyssa and Zack.

Here's another entry in my cool shirt collection. :laughing:

IMG_9704.JPG

Continued in next post

HHN Night 3

When I met up with Alyssa and Zack our first order of business was to get some food from the Last of Us booth in the NY area.

IMG_9717.JPG

The theming in this alley was pretty cool. The night before Zack and I had discussed how we wanted to try the ravioli so we had to get it!

IMG_9724.JPG

IMG_9725.JPG

And then I made them take a ravioli, and peanut butter/chocolate Fedra ration bar selfie. :rotfl:

IMG_9761.JPG

The ravioli had truffle cream and mushrooms. It was really good, but a little heavy for theme park food. It also had garlic bread, but that was at the very bottom and quite mushy. The can was really cute, but I didn't take it home since I wasn't sure what to do with it. :rotfl:

We were also planning to do all the houses I hadn't got to yet so Last of Us was also our first house.

I had watched the show before going so I would kind of know what was going on in the house (I know it was more based on the game but everyone said the show was pretty true to the game), and I actually ended up liking the show a lot more than I thought.

IMG_9734.JPG

The house was pretty cool too. I was glad I could recognize some of the things going on from the show, and it was really cool how they did the "spores" in the air. This house was often the longest wait so I didn't get to do it a lot, but it was enjoyable the times I did get to do it.

Next we did the Darkest Deal house.

IMG_9736.JPG

If you've ever seen the Supernatural episode "Crossroad Blues" about the legend of Robert Johnson and how crossroad deals are made this has a similar plot. (This house also had the infamous Pomeranian picture in it :rotfl:). I really liked this house too, and it's one I wish I could've gone through more times (although the queue exit was a mess).

We also did Chucky: Final Kill Count which I really liked. I'm a big fan of the Chucky movies and TV show so I was excited for this one. I was hoping for more Tiffany, but still found it really fun.

The final house I hadn't done yet was Blood Moon: Dark Offerings, which I really enjoyed when we went through. This was made by the person who did the Dead Man's Pier house last year that was incredible, and one of my favorites. There were so many cool details on we learned on the tour that made it even better, and by the end of the event it was definitely my favorite house.

IMG_9749.JPG

Alyssa and I decided to try one of the Today Show Cafe snacks. Sadly, they told us they sell out of them all before 9pm usually so all that was left was a chocolate peanut butter tart that I think may be available all the time.

IMG_9756.JPG

It was okay, but the real highlight was watching the lady on the Today Show make terrible cookies and try to pretend they were good.

Oddfellow's little stage show:

IMG_9757.JPG

Every time I walked by the Minions popcorn booth I swore I would buy popcorn soon, and tonight was the night!

IMG_9759.JPG

It was delicious, but also gave me terrible indigestion later. :rotfl:

The lines were actually really short this night especially as it got later so we were able to do Dueling Dragons, Yeti, and Stranger Things again before leaving. Yeti and Dueling Dragons especially seemed to have more scare actors than on Wednesday night and were both amazing.

Next Up
Dinner at Shula's & a few days off

Last edited:
Hi Raber:rotfl:

Nah, doesn`t suit you.....

That is a good pic of Josh washing his hands.....wonder what he was thinking!! I did like the guy in the backgrounds hat though.

That is very weird with the gelato, glad you got some though and I can confirm the octopus from SW is beautiful! Only had it once when we had dinner with another former poster here, Tom won`t touch it, so I don`t get it. It`s not for everyone though. Kyle will confirm the sliders are lovely!!

Hope Josh was better later.

Hi Raber:rotfl:

Nah, doesn`t suit you.....
Nope :rotfl:
That is a good pic of Josh washing his hands.....wonder what he was thinking!! I did like the guy in the backgrounds hat though.
Omg yes the hat :rotfl:
That is very weird with the gelato, glad you got some though and I can confirm the octopus from SW is beautiful! Only had it once when we had dinner with another former poster here, Tom won`t touch it, so I don`t get it. It`s not for everyone though. Kyle will confirm the sliders are lovely!!
It was very weird. I guess they just don't keep all the food stations open at Aventura between certain hours. All the food we've had there has been amazing!
Hope Josh was better later.
Wellll...the next few days were a bit rough. He doesn't like to say anything when he isn't feeling well, but he was starting to come down with a cold.

Dinner at Shula's

The next day I woke up and my throat was feeling a little scratchy. At the time I didn't know that Josh had been coming down with a bit of a cold, and thought maybe my throat was just bothering me from the massive amounts of indigestion I'd had all night. (Which I totally blame that popcorn for). So we spent most of the day in the room until dinner.

IMG_9780.JPG

As usual Shula's was delicious. We started with their bread (which I feel like is the best of any restaurant's bread service) I got the French Onion Soup and Josh got a salad. I've had the soup before, and it is delicious and so cheesy. I never feel like I can finish bowls of soup at restaurants because they always seem endless, but I got close here.

IMG_9785.JPG

Next we got a baked potato to share, and Josh got the ribeye while I had a filet.

IMG_9788.JPG

Amazing as always! Shula's is my favorite steak to get in Orlando.

Josh was prepared to eat. :rotfl:

IMG_9787.JPG

It was a great meal, and probably my favorite one we did for our anniversary!

IMG_9797.JPG

We had planned to go to HHN afterwards, but decided to skip it for the night and go tomorrow. Sadly, this was Alyssa and Zack's last night, but I'm glad we got to spend the previous two days together.

The Day of No Pictures

I will call Sunday "the day of no pictures", because I literally took none. :rotfl:

By the time I woke up on Sunday I realized I had a cold, and Josh did too. I was pretty stuffy, and didn't really want to do anything. We had been planning to go to brunch at Cocktails and Screams, but decided to cancel. We didn't even really go out for food on this day. I had Starbucks at the hotel for lunch, and for dinner we decided to eat at the QS even though we'd had not so great food there last year. I got a salad that was not good at all, and I don't even remember what Josh had. (Though they did finally allow me to purchase gelato. :rotfl:)

We spent most the day watching tv (I think we managed like half a season of Supernatural and we restarted the show Scream Queens). Sadly, we ended up missing another day of HHN, but at least we'd have time at the event the following week/weekend.

More Food Pictures

By Monday we were both feeling better. But we were both pretty headache-y still which I assume was from my sinuses since that's usually where I get headaches, but I was also not really feeling stuffy anymore it was more of just a pressure in my head.

We couldn't spend another day just eating at Aventura so we decided to venture out for breakfast and to get some more water and things at the grocery store.

I bought this shirt secondhand because it's the coolest Dream Warriors shirt I've ever seen:

IMG_9811.JPG

We went to Another Broken Egg which was a restaurant we'd been to several times in 2018 when we'd rented a car. I actually went to one with Kayleigh in Charleston this year, but Josh hadn't been since then.

Josh got an omelet, and I got the huevos rancheros:

IMG_9809.JPG

Here's another one of Josh's photo looks. :rotfl:

IMG_9810.JPG

I was kind of glad that if we weren't feeling well, that it happened on days when we didn't have a lot of plans/could move plans around.

Originally, I had planned for us to go to Epcot on this day, but had the ability to move the tickets to whenever. (I ended up saving them for Kayleigh and I's trip). We also had Bull and Bear planned for dinner. I was looking forward to that, but didn't want to go unless I knew we felt up to eating a bunch. Hopefully, we'll make it there next year, and then they'll be done with their refurbishment so we'll be able to eat in the actual restaurant. (While they were under refurb they were serving food in a smaller location with a smaller menu).

We decided to go to Antojitos for dinner. Josh got the chicken fajitas, and I got a burrito. When I went with Kayleigh I'd gotten the burrito, and thought it was delicious. I was really happy I found something on the menu, because I've had a few things that were less than impressive. Sadly, the burrito this time seemed kind of different. I don't know if you can tell from the toppings, but it just looked like it had been sitting out awhile.

IMG_9817.JPG

We also had a weird experience where the server didn't give us back Josh's card after running it, so after awhile he went to ask her if she still had it. And when he did suddenly she pulled it out of her pocket and went "oh forgot I had this". We figured maybe she did just forget, but Josh said she was acting kind of odd when he asked, and we've never had that happen before. As we were leaving a manager pulled us aside to ask about what happened, and the way he asked about it seemed like he had seen this happen before. It all just felt very weird, and we made sure to keep an eye on the card for a bit afterwards.

Continued in the next post

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

By Tuesday we were both feeling better, and I was glad we'd been able to take the previous few days to rest. It's no fun not feeling well on vacation, but having more time to relax already built into the trip had helped, and it felt like we didn't really miss anything.

Our outfits for MNSSHP:

IMG_9859.JPG

On the way to Magic Kingdom we stopped at Shake Shack for some food.

IMG_9824.JPG

I know it's just fast food, but we don't have a Shake Shack near where we live, and I really like their food.

We finally had made it to MK!

IMG_9829.JPG

And for the first time we had to park a car there. :rotfl: It was really something. There was a parking lot tram ride, some walking, and a monorail just to get there. The car made everything easier for the most part, but not this! (We had taken a car to Hollywood Studios before, and I feel like the parking was much closer).

IMG_9830.JPG

I love the Halloween decor on Main St!

IMG_9832.JPG

IMG_9860.JPG

IMG_9835.JPG

As we went around the park we rode Pirates, Haunted Mansion, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, and the Peoplemover.

IMG_9838.JPG

I always enjoy the entertainment at Haunted Mansion during the party.

IMG_9849.JPG

We've found over the last few years that while we still have fun at MNSSHP, it just doesn't seem as worth it as it had previously. However this is just our personal experience. We also ended up leaving early due to the weather, but we did have a good time while we were there and all the waits were pretty short. However around the start of the fireworks it looked like it was about to pour. We knew after the fireworks it would be hard to get out of the park, and even worse if it had started raining. So we decided it was best to leave then, even if it meant missing the rest of the party.

IMG_9861.JPG

And I'm glad we did leave early because it took forever to get back to our car. :rotfl: Having not experienced locating our car in the MK lots before we didn't know how much trouble it would be. Josh opted to skip the tram because he thought it had only been a short distance we'd ridden it, and none were waiting when we got there. But as we started walking we realized we didn't even see the lot we were in listed anywhere. We tried GPS, but it kept turning us in circles. (Walking GPS isn't always the greatest). Eventually we had to ask someone, and we were walking in the wrong direction. :rotfl2:

But we made it to the car right as the rain started!

Next Up
Our Unmasking the Horror Tour

I`m sorry you both felt so poorly! But, a bit of rest would do you the world of good. And yes, i`d have cancelled Bull and Bear too, you want to be healthy eating there.

Shula`s looks so good! And so does the shake shack food, fries look divine!

I do like Josh`s "looks" lol......and yes, that was odd with the credit card. I must admit in the UK the card never leaves your sight, no one ever takes it away, so we`ve always done the same thing in the US even though some servers have been "fussy" about that if we`ve used our card.

Shame about the Mickey party, I know what you mean though with the lesser experience and yes weather will ruin things too at times!

lol....I`ll bet most folsk have got lose there at some point or another......:thumbsup2

I`m sorry you both felt so poorly! But, a bit of rest would do you the world of good. And yes, i`d have cancelled Bull and Bear too, you want to be healthy eating there.
It's ok, at l least we had time to relax. Exactly!
Shula`s looks so good! And so does the shake shack food, fries look divine!
It's delicious! I love the fries at Shake Shack too.
I do like Josh`s "looks" lol......and yes, that was odd with the credit card. I must admit in the UK the card never leaves your sight, no one ever takes it away, so we`ve always done the same thing in the US even though some servers have been "fussy" about that if we`ve used our card.
Lol yes!

And yeah it was odd. It was mostly that she had it for so long and didn't seem like she was going to bring it back.
Shame about the Mickey party, I know what you mean though with the lesser experience and yes weather will ruin things too at times!
We felt the rain wasn't as bad this year at least. Last year it rained almost every night, and this year it was really only that night.
lol....I`ll bet most folsk have got lose there at some point or another......:thumbsup2
I have to imagine they do :rotfl: it was a huge area and the signs weren't very clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter