HHI- rainy days..

Susan C

Susan C
HHI –Rain, Rain Go AWAY

Well, it has been rainy, cold and very windy. However, we did get a break in the weather and enjoyed a few hour around the pool and outdoor spa. Along with the winter survivors from up north trying to soak up some sun.

Here are my observations and tips.

1. HHI- is a lovely resort. We are in a refurbished 2BR Marsh view. We are only a family of 3, but we love having all of the extra space. I’m afraid we will get spoiled!

2. Goofy Bingo- if your interested, don’t forget to make a reservation. I just showed up with my son, and we had to wait outside the community hall, until the “no shows” released their spot. My DS is 14 and is use to the excitement of Bingo on the Disney Cruise ships. Goofy Bingo is best for the 5 and under set.

3. We rented Bicycles- which helped to save the vacation. They even let us keep the bikes longer due to the poor weather. My son and husband enjoyed biking off to lunch.

4. Bullies BBQ- low on atmosphere, high on taste! Loved all of the different sauces.

5. Salty Dog Café- cool atmosphere, good food, nice place to walk around.

6. Edmunds Low Country BBQ at the Beach house was very nice. It is served buffet style and the price wasn’t too bad. The view of the beach is wonderful. Sadly, for us it was so windy..I thought I was caught in a sandstorm!

7. The CM’s are very nice...

8. Not much ice cream.. We kept looking but, couldn’t find it.

9. Having a car is a must, if we didn’t have the car, we would have gone stir crazy.

10. Even though we drove all the way down here from NJ, the resort is beautiful, and time spent hanging out with my boys is priceless!!!

Thanks
Susan:hippie:

Glad you're enjoying it. We do also-even if it rains, although NOT raining is nicer! Darn for you about the Goofy Bingo. I've always wanted to do it, but when we're there it seems that it's always offered on our check-in or check-out day. As far as ice cream, we found a great gelato place not far away, so we don't mind even notice the ice cream or lack of it. In Wexford Village (on the way to Sea Pines) is Pino Gelato. They have a wide variety of gelato and the some offerings tend to change daily. Ever had nutella gelato? Mmmmmm!

Glad you're enjoying it. We do also-even if it rains, although NOT raining is nicer! Darn for you about the Goofy Bingo. I've always wanted to do it, but when we're there it seems that it's always offered on our check-in or check-out day. As far as ice cream, we found a great gelato place not far away, so we don't mind even notice the ice cream or lack of it. In Wexford Village (on the way to Sea Pines) is Pino Gelato. They have a wide variety of gelato and the some offerings tend to change daily. Ever had nutella gelato? Mmmmmm!

I was just going to suggest Pino's too! We love their gelato!

We always go for the Mickey Ice Cream Pops at the resort! :)

We arrive tomorrow! Interested in seeing how different a spring break vacation will be compared to our usual summer week... Looking forward to riding bikes more as we won't be so hot from the summer sun, but I know we will have much less beach time and the water will not be warm like it is in summer.

We arrive tomorrow! Interested in seeing how different a spring break vacation will be compared to our usual summer week... Looking forward to riding bikes more as we won't be so hot from the summer sun, but I know we will have much less beach time and the water will not be warm like it is in summer.

Please post your reactions. I'd be very interested in that also. We always do just the opposite as you-we've always gone to HHI in the off season, we've never been in the summer time, and I wonder how it's different. Although I must admit that when I hear stories about crowds and needing reservations at restaurants in the summer, I'm kinda glad we go when we do!

Please post your reactions. I'd be very interested in that also. We always do just the opposite as you-we've always gone to HHI in the off season, we've never been in the summer time, and I wonder how it's different. Although I must admit that when I hear stories about crowds and needing reservations at restaurants in the summer, I'm kinda glad we go when we do!

Will do! We are all checked in. Just love the refurbished rooms!!! Although I do miss the Shadow paw prints in the front entry. But really love the the new floorings, appliances, TV areas etc... One difference I can tell already is that even though it is prime spring break time the resort is not as full - it was easy to find a parking spot right in front of our villa!!! Also there were still cookies at 3:25!!! In the summer if you are not there at 3:00 they are gone in 5 min!!! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter