HHI DVC - For Both HHI & WDW

What months are you planning on booking at WDW at seven months out? What you consider to be the busy times may be different from actual DVC busy times.

DVC can make adjustments to the point chart for a resort to better reflect supply and demand. Reallocation is the process of raising the point requirements for a specific resort / room size / view / season / day of the week, while lowering the points for another room size / view / season / day of the week at the same resort. The key to reallocation is that the total points for the year in a single resort is a fixed number and cannot change.

Thank you Jerry!

Thank you Dean! That is really good feedback and much appreciated. Quick question, what is a reallocation as it relates to DVC?
As noted, they can change them and they have several times in the past. Things that suggest you need extra are studios, planning less than a week, lower seasons, lower cost booking categories and smaller contracts. Each situation is different but if all of these were on the negative I'd say even 20% extra points isn't really enough. For example if one were looking at 5 days avoiding weekends at AKV in a value during adventure season, that's technically 45 points per stay. Assuming once a year and those specifics, I'd say 75 points would be the minimum I'd consider because you might not get value, might stay longer, might not get the studio or might go a different season. Realistically for that exact example I wouldn't do less than 100 but then I'm generally anti small contracts anyway which would push me up toward 150 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter