• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI 2nd week of March?

TracyGayle

DVC since 1999 😊
I messed up - when booking our May trip to WDW I learned that we have 180 points that have to be used by 3/30/20. :crazy2: Checking availability at DVC resorts and found that we could do spring break in a 2BR at HHI 3/7-14. But I'm a sun lover and wondering if it will be warm enough there to get some tan lines that early in March...or if we just want to sell our points (if that is even possible this late in the game.) I've looked at weather averages for HHI in early March, and it doesn't look like swimsuit weather. :sad:We haven't been to HHI before and dh and I would be taking 2-3 high school senior boys with us. (one is our son, and 1-2 of his friends.) Not sure I want to be stuck in close quarters with them in case the weather isn't good. LOL Anyone with Hilton Head experience: would you try to transfer the points to another user, or go and hope for the sunshine and a warm streak that week? :sunny: Thanks for any input!

We love Hilton Head but to us it’s a beach vacation and if I can’t enjoy the beach it’s not the same. The weather nay be warm enough one day to swim in the pool if you’re lucky but I wouldn’t count on it. Personally I think teenage boys would be bored that time of year. There may be enough for adults to do. Also the resort activities are geared toward younger aged kids. If you do go I’d advise on visiting Savannah for a day trip. A great city with a lot to do. The teenagers might enjoy one of their ghost tours.

Is using the points through RCI an option for you? I loved my recent trip to HHI, but I don’t think you’re necessarily locked into it. Perhaps you can get a WDW stay through the concierge collection. Call member services and ask.

We love Hilton Head but to us it’s a beach vacation and if I can’t enjoy the beach it’s not the same. The weather nay be warm enough one day to swim in the pool if you’re lucky but I wouldn’t count on it. Personally I think teenage boys would be bored that time of year. There may be enough for adults to do. Also the resort activities are geared toward younger aged kids. If you do go I’d advise on visiting Savannah for a day trip. A great city with a lot to do. The teenagers might enjoy one of their ghost tours.
very helpful - thank you :)

Is using the points through RCI an option for you? I loved my recent trip to HHI, but I don’t think you’re necessarily locked into it. Perhaps you can get a WDW stay through the concierge collection. Call member services and ask.
Yes RCI would be an option, but in reading other threads on DIS for ideas, several people said trading DVC for RCI would be crazy b/c it's a big downgrade unless you can do the top of the line ones, which seems like it might have some truth to it when I look up some of the RCI properties. :magnify: I'll check out the Concierge Collection idea, but I think I may end up figuring out how to post them for transfer and use that money toward tickets and things for our DW trip in May. :lovestruc

The weather can be hit or miss this time of the year. My grandparents lived one hour from Hilton Head and I grew up going down there every summer and sometimes over Spring break. Hilton Head Island is my favorite beach! My siblings all live in South Carolina/North Carolina now. The water will not be warm enough to swim in, but you might have some great temps to just hang out at the beach but you also might need a light jacket or sweatshirt. It could possibly even need a sweatshirt and jacket and jeans or it might be super nice and you can be in t-shirts and shorts.

If the teens like to bike ride, or play corn hole or just toss a football around on the beach or fish off the pier at HHI resort, you should have stuff to do. Bring a deck a cards too or Uno for the evenings. There are also dolphin tours you can do. Teens can usually find things to do to entertain themselves. And this comes from an eighth grade teachers that spends the majority of my time with teens.

The weather can be hit or miss this time of the year. My grandparents lived one hour from Hilton Head and I grew up going down there every summer and sometimes over Spring break. Hilton Head Island is my favorite beach! My siblings all live in South Carolina/North Carolina now. The water will not be warm enough to swim in, but you might have some great temps to just hang out at the beach but you also might need a light jacket or sweatshirt. It could possibly even need a sweatshirt and jacket and jeans or it might be super nice and you can be in t-shirts and shorts.

If the teens like to bike ride, or play corn hole or just toss a football around on the beach or fish off the pier at HHI resort, you should have stuff to do. Bring a deck a cards too or Uno for the evenings. There are also dolphin tours you can do. Teens can usually find things to do to entertain themselves. And this comes from an eighth grade teachers that spends the majority of my time with teens.
good info - thank you! Sounds like the boys would like HHI anytime, and sounds like it would be my kind of beach in the warmer times! 😎We will plan on checking it out sometime for sure. Thanks so much for the reply!👍

Hi I live here in HHI. March is fabulous although not really 100% beach weather. One word of caution: March is our high pollen season. All outdoor furniture gets covered or brought in. Everything is covered in green pollen. My husband did swim in the ocean once in March. Other than the beach and pollen, it's gorgeous here, although you can get hit with a cold streak once in a while (mid- 50s) LOL. By the way, it is the MOST perfect time to visit Savannah AND Charleston as you won't be sweating to death.

Hi I live here in HHI. March is fabulous although not really 100% beach weather. One word of caution: March is our high pollen season. All outdoor furniture gets covered or brought in. Everything is covered in green pollen. My husband did swim in the ocean once in March. Other than the beach and pollen, it's gorgeous here, although you can get hit with a cold streak once in a while (mid- 50s) LOL. By the way, it is the MOST perfect time to visit Savannah AND Charleston as you won't be sweating to death.
How nice to live there in HHI - I’m learning a lot from the replies. 🤓Thanks for the pollen info - and I’d love to visit Savannah as we have some dear friends that moved there a few years ago! Thank you 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter