• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HH $130.00 2 bedroom now

realpatt

Mouseketeer
Does it bother anyone that you can stay on cash for significantly less than points?
There was an ad in our local paper for Disney Hilton Head for 119.00 per night (130.90 with tax) between the following dates: 9/12-11/20 11/24-2/15 2/18-3/02 I am going to take advantage of this special but it does irk me some that I can get such a better deal with cash versus points. Since I have no points left that wasn't an option for me, but I'd be really upset if I were staying on points during that time. I don't have my numbers with me so I don't know how many points it takes for a 2 bedroom that time of year, but I'm sure it's more than 13. If you are interested, Mary Warings site now list specials for the DEC HH and Vero now.

Is this one of those special deals where you MUST attend a DVC sales presentation ? If it's not ,then yes I too would be pretty upset, especially with the increase we've seen with the Disney Collection this year.

This does not require a DVC presentation. It was advertised in the travel section of our paper and is open to anyone. It is consitent with the annual pass holder rate I was told.

During part of the winter, you can stay at any Marriott for about $324 per week for a 2 BR, about half of the yearly maint fees.

Tourism is in a real slump right now and you are going to see deals. Heck, I saw Delta and US Air advertising $55 one way NY to Orlando. When was the last time you saw a fare like that? We are also seeing some very good deals at Disney resorts. Is it somewhat annoying? Yes. However, we are in for the long haul. When the rooms go back up again and begin to experience dramatic year to year increases, we'll still be paying the same amount in points.

Short answer is no, it doesn't bother me. HH is our home resort. The basic rule of hotel management is an empty room brings you nothing. And as everybody knows right now the old saying "its the economy, stupid" surely does apply when it comes to the prices/discounts out there in the travel industry at the present time.

Occupancy at HH was at 100% from mid-June thru August. It was down last week after Labor Day, but is at 72% this week and appears to be on an upswing again for the next 2 months.

The cash incentives serve 2 purposes- to bring in income for otherwise empty rooms and to possibly get a guest in here to consider a purchase.

The resort has few school age children this week, but has many pre-schoolers, young parents and folks our age (old fogeys). A great week to be here!

We stayed at HH last September in a 2 bedroom...used points for Sun-Thursday, and paid $130. a night for Fri/Sat. We thought it was a fantastic price for the room/resort!

This year we have an upcoming trip to OKW in a 1 bedroom that was going to require using 4 weekend nighs on points. I checked out the prices at CRO and found $215. (that's including taxes!) for the second weekend. That's a fantastic deal for this room too, this is an AP discount, and much deeper than our standard 25% DVC discount off the rack rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter