• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here Now : & Very Upset, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
DANG. I hadn't been on the community boards here in quite awhile and now I'm remembering why I started steering clear of them. It's amazing how people will treat each other when behind a computer screen.

Op, you should definitely abandon this thread now. I'm so sorry you were interrogated and treated with such a lack of sympathy by so many here. It's truly mind boggling to me.
I had no idea it was like that here, lesson learned

OP I’m really sorry about your situation. Glad the family made it home safely and if nothing else it gave you the opportunity to strengthen your family relationships; emergencies have a tendency to do that! I agree with some points and disagree with others but I don’t think you need any more opinions from the peanut gallery. You are welcome to join me in :drinking1. I know I need one after this thread; you may need a few!!:D

I have to agree, if it is time spent with the Grand Kids, why does it have to be at Disney,
Go visit them.
I am sorry for your vacation that got cut short, and am glad the boys are ok. That being said things happen. I got food poisoning the second day of my ten day trip to Disney. Was in the room for the remainder of my stay. Disney provided doctors, nurses and a few other things. I planned that trip for 1 year.
I did not , nor would I expect a new trip from Disney. I understand time lost, but you can regain that time in other ways.
The most important thing here is that the boys are better, not what you can gain from them becoming ill.
Best of luck, I hope you all can be together soon.

Exactly. Glad the little ones are fine. I'm guessing if the family is as close as described, they would be happy to spend time with their grandparents anywhere, anytime.

OP I’m really sorry about your situation. Glad the family made it home safely and if nothing else it gave you the opportunity to strengthen your family relationships; emergencies have a tendency to do that! I agree with some points and disagree with others but I don’t think you need any more opinions from the peanut gallery. You are welcome to join me in :drinking1. I know I need one after this thread; you may need a few!!:D
LOL, Cheers!

The thread title said op wanted advice.

It turned out the thread was really to vent.

Glad the boys are going to be ok. Hope the family can get together again soon and have only happy memories.

I am not sure I understand. You only respond to those who validate you? You are upset with those who asked for clarification. Hmmmm..... Perhaps the lesson to learn is that not everyone will tell you how to get something until they understand what you are asking for.
:thumbsup2
I also want to point out to others reading that flat out ignoring multiple (seemingly innocuous) questions makes it look like you're trying to hide something.

:thumbsup2
I also want to point out to others reading that flat out ignoring multiple (seemingly innocuous) questions makes it look like you're trying to hide something.

Yes, and that is where the disconnect seems to be stemming from. No one has suggested that the OP has no valid concerns, she does. I cannot imagine that day, and would not wish it on anyone, however should I have decided to seek advice from a message board filled with folks who have heard it all in regards to Disney "horror" stories, many of which turn out to be folks looking for ways to get money from Disney, I would have planned to give all the details and been prepared to answer basic questions.

My son lives in Austin, DH & I California
I think your missing the point of our whole families disappointment.

We saved for months for this trip to be together, the grandchildren were so excited to go to DW with Opa & Nana.
My son & his wife were excited to spend time with us. They had planned to go to Tiffins that night for a date night while DH & I watched the grandchildren.
They were looking forward to a nice dinner alone ( they don’t leave their children with anyone at home because of their allergies). We were looking forward to this evening playing with our grandsons & excited that my son & his wife would be able to enjoy a meal together, relax & then go see the star Wars show at 10pm while we put the grandkids to bed. It’s things we don’t get to do but once or twice a year on vacations.

Plus, if you were there when this was happening to our grandchildren to see how serious this was, especially for my 5 yo grandson. We were all crying with shock.
It drains the children & the adults to watch them go through that. The vacation ended right there in The restaurant that morning.

I feel Disney will give us another vacation together...it can be at a resort anywhere with a kitchen so we can cook their food & bring it with us.
It doesn’t have to be at a Disney resort, just a redo of time missed together.

I don’t think that’s asking too much really. They are precious moments together, I can’t tell you how much I was looking forward to being with them, not just a couple days, but a week.
We are a very loving, close family who happens to live in different states.

The only thing we want is our time back together, we are all hard working people who are always giving to those in need.
This time we need something, precious time together with our family is our most important gift in life.

Op, clearly you did ask for something . Another vacation package. You said you dont feel that that is asking too much.
It actually is asking too much
I can see Disney compensating your son and his Family, but since you did not pay for this trip(you stated your son did ), why should you be included in the compensation.
Again, I am sorry that your trip was ruined.I am very sorry that they boys had an allergy attack. The main point is that the boys are ok. There are probably no less than a hundred allergy attacks a day at Disney. Sorry it was extreme in the case of the boys.
I do not understand why the vacation ended after they felt better. Family could have stayed, you stayed and the time lost did not have to happen. It was a choice,not the fault of Disney.
We all suffer let downs, some more extreme than others but we learn to cope. Life is not all perfect. Your statement "Until we meet again, I will have to live with this sadness" is very sad. Go visit them, take a day or two off from work. We all do it

Again, I am very happy that the boys are ok. Disney is not the only place you can see them. It seems like the only place you WANT to see them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter