Here now… Ask me anything! (Fantasy Springs Hotel / Mira Costa Hotel / Packages / Plant Based Dining)

igo4yellin

Mouseketeer
Wife and I are on day 3 of our Fantasy Springs Hotel (Chateau Springs Side) package. We have a Mira Costa package next week. We are both vegan (in case anyone needs some clarification on what plant-based food there is to eat!)

Leading up to this trip, I’ve found it difficult to get straight answers on a variety of topics. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with.

For what it’s worth: I’ve read a TON of mixed reviews on the Fantasy Springs Hotel itself. I don’t understand the hate, as it was one of the most beautiful hotels we’ve stayed in. Do not hesitate to choose this if you get the opportunity.

Our itinerary is:
Hilton Tokyo Bay
Fantasy Springs Hotel x2
Four Seasons Otemachi x2
Four Seasons Maranouchi x3
Universal Studios Park Hotel x2
Toy Story
Mira Costa x2
Hilton Tokyo Bay x2

Last edited:
I am not a big character person, but Anna and Elsa greeted the line at rope drop from the hotel.

We saw them again in the afternoon by the hotel entrance as well as Rapunzel.

We saw them again in the afternoon by the hotel entrance as well as Rapunzel.
Thank you! Do you recall roughly what time you spotted them in the afternoon?

I have an Elsa-obsessed little one, so I'm trying to gather as much information about possible Elsa sightings as possible.

What have the wait times been like in Fantasy Springs with your passport ticket?
Walk on or 5 minutes. For everything. All day. I rode each attraction 5 times, except for Tink, which I did twice. I almost felt guilty knowing that regular guests would only get to experience at most 2 of the attractions.

Can’t wait to hear more. Hoping to book vacation package for end of March when they open next week. I really want to stay at Fantasy Springs Hotel so glad to hear you are liking it.

I'm vegan as well so eager to hear what you find to eat in the parks/hotels! The options look pretty bleak from what I can tell.
I will be there in March, trying to decide if it's worth it to splurge for the package or not - would love to hear your thoughts about that.

Fellow vegan here. I'm very interested to read about the food you've managed to find.

I visited Japan many years ago when I was a vegetarian and I basically had to suspend my vegetarianism for most of the trip or I would've had to subsist on rice and fruit.

Keen to hear about your experience at the Universal and the Park front hotel, as I've booked it for my trip!
Just arrived! It looks nice and is very close to the hotel. However, we were just notified upon check in that the ability to exit and re-enter the park ends tomorrow! This is extremely annoying, as now I will need to do a full day, open to close, with no breaks. While the trip has been great so far, the rigid Japanese rules are beginning to wear me down.
I'm vegan as well so eager to hear what you find to eat in the parks/hotels! The options look pretty bleak from what I can tell.
I will be there in March, trying to decide if it's worth it to splurge for the package or not - would love to hear your thoughts about that.
The package was phenomenal. We rode the Fantasy Springs attractions 5 times each without waiting while regular Guests struggled to get the ability to wait 2 hours for Frozen. We are excited for our second package this week.

For Tokyo Disneyland, we had an awesome rice bowl with plant-based meat at Plazma Rays. We got it for lunch and dinner. It was so good!

The French fries in the park are also vegan, as are the salted, black pepper, and caramel popcorns.

Unfortunately, not a single specialty drink included on the package is plant-based, but we made good use of the drink voucher with the standard soft drink beverages.

Disneysea had two nice options. A cold rap with rice, chips, and guac at El Dorado’s, and some interesting pasta dish thing near the front of the park - Cafe Portofino. I remember it had Orzo in the name. Both options are clearly labeled.

Are you also looking for options outside of Disney? There are so many!
Did you get your luggage transferred at all. Was is pretty easy?
Not yet! But I will in 3 days from Toy Story to Mira Costa!

Fellow vegan here. I'm very interested to read about the food you've managed to find.

I visited Japan many years ago when I was a vegetarian and I basically had to suspend my vegetarianism for most of the trip or I would've had to subsist on rice and fruit.
Hold strong this trip! See my reply above. Are you interested in options outside of Disney?

Oh! Also: Happy Cow app is your friend. It showed me an option that looked nice at the Sheraton Hotel.

Just in case: in Tokyo, the vegan restaurants we’ve enjoyed the most so far are T’s Tan Tan, 2Foods, and Komeda Is. These are likely accessible from Disney if you are willing to spend time on trains or spend up on a taxi.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest