• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help

klfay80

Mouseketeer
My husband wants to wait 2 weeks to see if covid is going to be worse or better....we have everything paid except for the hotel.....we are going to HHN also....could I get the money bsck

Complacency kills. People inherently don't want to belive that that anything worse could come from what we've experienced/experiencing. There's another variant right around the corner.

As for canceling, it's not a sure thing in 2 weeks the outlook will be better.

I'll be at Universal the first weekend in September, flying from Boston, doing HHN, etc. We decided to keep the trip, just going to keep masks on indoors and out, even though they are only requested inside. Plenty of hand sanitizer, etc. Those are our personal choices made in order to take this trip.

We just got back from Universal. It is crowded. While they continually announce that you should social distance, they fill all the seats on attractions making that impossible while in attractions. We have unvaccinated kids so we wore masks indoors always even before Universal changed the policy to encourage all guests to wear masks indoors. While many people were wearing masks, not all are. I didn't feel unsafe, but it was a little more crowded than I would have liked.

No kids at all

Do you have a package booked? If so, maybe cancel that and re book as a room only reservation and buy tickets once you are absolutely sure you are going. The room only can be cancelled with no penalty up to 5 days before arrival.

On the other hand, your husband deserves consideration and if he is uncomfortable, you should cancel. I'm going later this month with a friend. We are both vaccinated. My kids at home and husband are also vaccinated. She has no kids. We will go as long as Universal doesn't start requiring masks outdoors. That's our line in the sand. However, we agreed that we would cancel/reschedule if at any time either of us didn't feel comfortable going.

On the other hand, your husband deserves consideration and if he is uncomfortable, you should cancel. I'm going later this month with a friend. We are both vaccinated. My kids at home and husband are also vaccinated. She has no kids. We will go as long as Universal doesn't start requiring masks outdoors. That's our line in the sand. However, we agreed that we would cancel/reschedule if at any time either of us didn't feel comfortable going.

This part is important to consider. While you may be able to convince him into going, if he's totally not into the idea it could lead to a miserable time for the both of you. While he might agree to go, if he has hesitations he might be upset most of the time you are there. Maybe not even verbally upset/complaining, but you'd be able to read his mood the entire time and it could just put a proverbial storm cloud over things the entire trip.

Looking at India, UK and S. Africa, their delta surges appeared to peak around 6 weeks, then slowly start to decline. Our delta surge seems to have begun around early July (Missouri a bit earlier) so we should peak around mid August. However, my concern would be that if you become ill, the hospitals in Orange County are nearing or at capacity, so you wouldn't be able to get care for any issues. And apparently, the testing sites are crazy busy as well. This will probably persist well into September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter