• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with touring plan for Fourth of July week

taraaplin

Mouseketeer
What do you think?

1. Arrive at bus stop at POR 1 hour 15 before park open. Is that enough time for all parks????

2. On MK days instead of running for fantasy land we plan to head to frontier land instead. Maybe hit Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean as well. MK days are July 3 and 5. We will have large breaks in between. We used FP for SDMT so we aren’t comcerned about missing it at rope
drop.

3. Not doing commando this trip. Too many cranky kids in past trips. So I have one HS day planned that is only a half day ( July 7th). Show up at HS at 4 for an early dinner reservation and finish night there. Evening FP set.

Other days we have large breaks scheduled almost every day to swim and take a 2-3 hour break.

4. What shows for older boys who aren’t into cartoons anymore? Any must sees to add to our plans especially our HS days.

5. Any suggestions for this busy week. We have done busy Easter weeks but I’m getting nervous after seeing touring plans on our MK days.

We are going the same week but doing MK the 1st and 3rd. Our group is all adults so we just plan to take our time and do things at whatever speed the crowd allows. We grabbed FP's for SDMT and a few of our favs as well. I really like the Beauty and the Beast show and Indiana Jones might be fun for your boys.

I'm debating going this week as well for a last-minute trip. Hotels are wide open so that's always a hopeful sign.

You had my heart stop when you were describing your HS day. When you said that you were arriving at 4, I thought you meant 4am to be ready for the 7am EMH. My young-adult boys will go to Frozen sing-along (for the A/C) and BATB.

July 3rd is going to be super slammed at MK due to the extended hours and holiday crowds.

We'll be there that week as well. I've booked FPs and ADRs. My husband and I really just take it as it comes. He isn't much into planning and moving at a quick pace. So, we just do what comes. In fact, the FP times even become a bother sometimes. Oh well. As someone else said, we will do what the crowds (and extreme heat coupled with rain) allows us to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter