Help w/ plan to see MK lights and decorations in Nov

Kazi7

Mouseketeer
We are 2 adults w/ AP, staying at GFV in November. We want to visit MK to see the lights and decorations, but don't really care about the fireworks and definitely don't want to be on Main Street during that time. Also we don't really need to ride anything, except maybe Tron. (We hardly ever even go to MK anymore, haha.)

Sunset is at 5:30pm. Should we go on a non-party day (MK open until 9) maybe around 6:30 so it's darker, but we have the fireworks crowd at 8? Or a party day (open until 6) around 4-5:00 and ride a couple of things and then see the lights as we exit after the closing time of 6? Is it really busy in the late afternoon with everyone arriving for the party? I just hate being in the Main St crush for fireworks.

My vote would be to go on a non-party night, ride Tron during fireworks, and enjoy the holiday lights on the way out (when the fireworks crowd has had time to leave).

Should we go on a non-party day (MK open until 9) maybe around 6:30 so it's darker, but we have the fireworks crowd at 8?
Yes I would agree with @FutureDis on visiting MK on a non-party evening. You should have time to be well clear of Main Street before the crowds build for the Fireworks.

Is it really busy in the late afternoon with everyone arriving for the party? I just hate being in the Main St crush for fireworks.
While Party days tend to be generally slower in the Park during the day but Yes 4-6 is when everyone tries to arrive to maximize their party time.

Dave

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest