• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Unplanned visit to Tokyo Disney!

Simba07

Mouseketeer
Just found out I was approved to extend my business trip to Tokyo by a couple of days. But I leave in less than three weeks! It will just be me. (40yo Disney vet and typical over planner - this opportunity pulled me away from my summer 2015 Disney World touring plans.)

I will have all day on a Tuesday and possibly part of a Monday. I will be staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay Monday and Tuesday nights. I figure I should use the full day for Disney Sea. Here are my questions:

1. If I get in at say 2 or 3pm, is it worth getting a full day ticket to Tokyo Disneyland? Should I wait and use one of the evening tickets that start at 6pm? Or is it just not worth trying to do Tokyo Disneyland?

2. If I do Tokyo DL, is there any hope of getting on Monsters or Hunny Hunt with a late arrival? What would I likely be able to see that afternoon / evening?

3. Any other helpful tips? I'm going to be studying some of the blogs and touring plans for Disney Sea, but any advice would be great.

Just found out I was approved to extend my business trip to Tokyo by a couple of days. But I leave in less than three weeks! It will just be me. (40yo Disney vet and typical over planner - this opportunity pulled me away from my summer 2015 Disney World touring plans.)

I will have all day on a Tuesday and possibly part of a Monday. I will be staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay Monday and Tuesday nights. I figure I should use the full day for Disney Sea. Here are my questions:

1. If I get in at say 2 or 3pm, is it worth getting a full day ticket to Tokyo Disneyland? Should I wait and use one of the evening tickets that start at 6pm? Or is it just not worth trying to do Tokyo Disneyland?

2. If I do Tokyo DL, is there any hope of getting on Monsters or Hunny Hunt with a late arrival? What would I likely be able to see that afternoon / evening?

3. Any other helpful tips? I'm going to be studying some of the blogs and touring plans for Disney Sea, but any advice would be great.

1. In my opinion, yes. If the question is arrive late or not at all, I say arrive late.

2. Yes, but not with a FastPass.

3. With a short visit, concentrate on the things unique to the Tokyo parks and skip the things that are virtual clones of things you've seen before.

1. If you are going to TDL that day, I would just wait to get the After 6 Passport.

2. Since its a weekday if you wait until near park closing, you should be able to get on with a shorter wait. It all depends on the crowds and weather that day.

3. You can browse our website tdrexplorer to see a bunch of advice we have.

Have fun!

The price difference between buying a 1 day pass plus an after 6 pass compared to just buying a 2 day pass is so miniscule that I wouldn't think twice about it. Just buy the two day pass so that you are able to get an extra 2 or 3 hours at disneyland on monday. You won't regret spending a little extra money. I agree with the pp who said to just spend time doing the attractions that are unique to tokyo such as journey to the center of the earth. You will be able to ride pooh's honey hunt and monsters but you will have to sactifice waiting in line for about an hour. Fastpasses will definitely be gone by the time you get into the parks on monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter