• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me plan out meals!

tarmand

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="red"> duh duh duh
Okay, my sister (28), my daughter (8 months) and I (32) are going to the world for a long weekend. We only plan to do one day at the parks and want to spend the rest of the time touring the resorts, Downtown Disney, etc.

Where should we eat? Here are the vouchers I have and my current plans. My main question is since we are only doing one day of parks, is there somewhere inside the parks that is a not to be missed lunch?

We have 7 Q&C vouchers, 2 adult VKL vouchers and 1 child VKL voucher (we won't use that one since the baby doesn't eat any real food but french fries). We were planning to split one VKL voucher at RFC and use two Q&Cs at B&C. That leaves one VKL and 5 Q&C. Where should be use them?

My sister has always bragged about steak and lobster in Japan (I think) at Epcot. Can we use the VKL there?

Any other suggestions? We want to split the VKL vouchers, but don't mind using one apiece of the Q&Cs.

Thanks for the suggestions. We don't have a touring plan. Since we are bringing the baby, we have no plans of riding anything. We just want to catch a few shows and enjoy a slow pace!

Use the Q & C at the Pepper Market over at Coronado Springs Resort. BIG bang for your buck there!

As far as in the parks ... what parks are you going to that one day?
When we used our VKL vouchers at Teppanyaki (Japan) they told us the steak and lobster was excluded. That was in 2002 though and it was on the group vouchers we got through group (but they are the same vouchers as Connections). So I'm not sure if it applies to ALL vouchers or just us because we were a group.

Anyway ... you should do ok with the VKL at almost any Epcot sit down, Rainforest cafe or the Concourse Steakhouse. I'd go for a Epcot eatery!

WDWO

Originally posted by wdwobsessed
Use the Q & C at the Pepper Market over at Coronado Springs Resort. BIG bang for your buck there!

As far as in the parks ... what parks are you going to that one day?
When we used our VKL vouchers at Teppanyaki (Japan) they told us the steak and lobster was excluded. That was in 2002 though and it was on the group vouchers we got through group (but they are the same vouchers as Connections). So I'm not sure if it applies to ALL vouchers or just us because we were a group.

Anyway ... you should do ok with the VKL at almost any Epcot sit down, Rainforest cafe or the Concourse Steakhouse. I'd go for a Epcot eatery!

WDWO

Thanks, we will definetly try the Pepper Market. We are going to try to hit Magic Kingdom in the morning for a couple of hours, Go to Animal Kingdom and end up at Epcot. We may do two days in the parks, but that is not the plan at this point. We do not plan to ride anything, just walk around, shop, maybe see a show or two. Basically, the plan is - "no plan". I looked at the menus for Epcot and I think we may try one of their restaurants. We will opt for a late lunch and then just have a snack later, after we leave the parks.

Thanks for the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter