Help, I can't decide on a counter service restaurant in MGM!

ranthony

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I will be in MGM the second week of June with DH, DS2 and DM (who has not been to Disney in almost 20 years!). I was hoping to find a counter service restaurant for an early lunch on the left side of the park, not the TOT or RNR side. I would like it to be air conditioned and somewhat peaceful. This may be asking too much at that time of year but can anyone give me some suggestions? The type of food is not as important as the quality.

TIA,
Rhonda

Sounds like you are looking for Backlot Express! It has good food, has A/C and there's usually one quiet corner in it that nobody sits in. It's right next to Star Tours and the quiet part is the part closest to Star Tours. Enjoy!

the only other counter service on that side are pizza planet arcade (probably too noisy) and abc commissary which i've not tried, but heard it's very quiet. backlot's good, but can be hard to find quiet spot depending on time of day/year (never been in June).

Originally posted by brermomof2
and abc commissary which i've not tried, but heard it's very quiet.

Actually, the ABC Commissary is incredibly noisy - partly due to the fact that they are constantly playing TV commercials.

MGM is the one park where CS seems to really be lacking. We have yet to have bad CS meal at the Disney's parks, always lots of choices, but MGM is always a toughie!

Forever is right ABC is terrible at lunch time. Very loud with all the tvs and people. However in the very early am we have found it to be a little less noisey.

Pizza planet is usually a zoo at lunch.

There is a fairly good buger spot (Rosies) over near TTT and RRC, but it's outside and usually busy, they have pretty good choices tho, including fresh fruit. It's pretty deceiving tho, there is the CS place for the burgers and dogs and then some other carts near by for getting fruit, potatoes and the like.

Backlot is probably your best bet though, ac, fairly quiet and food is above par for CS at MGM.

Good luck with MGM, we always have problems with CS there, but you usually can find a ac place that is fairly quiet. We just try to plan a later lunch to avoid some of the crowds.

Pammy

Really, MGM is a very small park...I'd go to The Commissary-sort of in the middle-it's large and has a very interesting ethnic choices plus American fare.

The Commissary has never failed -- it is reliably the WORST food and svc in WDW.

The outdoor place by TOT is decent but no AC.

We'll have to try the Backlot. I didn't know it was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter