Help - Group of 3 looking for room with at least 3 individual sleeping spaces

We are a group of 3 looking for the best options to stay that will allow each of us to have our own sleeping space (bed/daybed/sofa bed).
Grand Floridian and Poly rooms all have two queens and a daybed. I'm not sure if all BWI rooms have the daybed. Most of the BC and YC rooms have two queens and a daybed, but not all. You could play it safe and add two imaginary children to the room reservation to guarantee five sleeping spaces. You just have to book a room only reservation to do that, not a package.

PO Riverside has rooms with five sleeping spaces, but the Murphy bed is short and narrow.

We are a group of 3 looking for the best options to stay that will allow each of us to have our own sleeping space (bed/daybed/sofa bed). When you go online, it only shows rooms with 2 beds. But we'd prefer not to share beds. (So I'll call to make reservation, but want to know what resorts offer rooms with the 3 spaces).Hope this makes sense.

Open to moderate or deluxe / deluxe villas. Someone suggested Art of Animation suite -- but not sure that's our thing either. Ha!

We are planning to do EPCOT, Disney Springs and possibly one other park. Mostly we want to go, relax by pool, do a spa day, enjoy the countries and do some shopping.

THANK YOU!
I can confirm that GF Garden View rooms have 2 queens and a sofa bed. My niece just got back from a trip to Yacht Club and had 2 queens and a sofa bed.

Grand Floridian and Poly rooms all have two queens and a daybed. I'm not sure if all BWI rooms have the daybed. Most of the BC and YC rooms have two queens and a daybed, but not all. You could play it safe and add two imaginary children to the room reservation to guarantee five sleeping spaces. You just have to book a room only reservation to do that, not a package.

PO Riverside has rooms with five sleeping spaces, but the Murphy bed is short and narrow.
BWI have either a day bed or a sofa bed. Even the cottages do but they won't book those for more than 2 so it doesn't matter in this case.

I like the idea of looking for rooms with 5, using kids as the extra 2 bodies to make sure you find rooms with enough sleeping spaces.

Another option would be two rooms at a value hotel. That way you'd have two bathrooms. My value preference would be AS Movies with the 2 pull down queen bed and the Q in the bedroom. I almost think this would be the most comfortable option other than getting a 2 bedroom DVC unit. If you have the money to spend, then one of the hotels with a day bed closer to Epcot is a good choice. I'm not sure if you're all adults - getting two rooms works if so or you have only one child and 2 adults.

I've booked a room for 4 at the BC several years ago, and they initially gave us a king bed (and whatever else that came with). I'm like uh....nope. I'm hesitant to book there unless there is some way to guarantee the bed types you'll get. I wouldn't want to be the person that got stuck with the daybed...like if you're 3 adults splitting the room equally. Now...if you're PAYING for me then yes I would love sleeping on the daybed - haha! ;)

Another option would be two rooms at a value hotel. That way you'd have two bathrooms. My value preference would be AS Movies with the 2 pull down queen bed and the Q in the bedroom. I almost think this would be the most comfortable option other than getting a 2 bedroom DVC unit. If you have the money to spend, then one of the hotels with a day bed closer to Epcot is a good choice. I'm not sure if you're all adults - getting two rooms works if so or you have only one child and 2 adults.

I've booked a room for 4 at the BC several years ago, and they initially gave us a king bed (and whatever else that came with). I'm like uh....nope. I'm hesitant to book there unless there is some way to guarantee the bed types you'll get. I wouldn't want to be the person that got stuck with the daybed...like if you're 3 adults splitting the room equally. Now...if you're PAYING for me then yes I would love sleeping on the daybed - haha! ;)
You can guarantee bed types at BC by booking a room with 5 guests in it. They won't put 5 guests in a room with a King bed.

We are a group of 3 looking for the best options to stay that will allow each of us to have our own sleeping space (bed/daybed/sofa bed). When you go online, it only shows rooms with 2 beds. But we'd prefer not to share beds. (So I'll call to make reservation, but want to know what resorts offer rooms with the 3 spaces).Hope this makes sense.

Open to moderate or deluxe / deluxe villas. Someone suggested Art of Animation suite -- but not sure that's our thing either. Ha!

We are planning to do EPCOT, Disney Springs and possibly one other park. Mostly we want to go, relax by pool, do a spa day, enjoy the countries and do some shopping.

THANK YOU!
AOA suites. Private bedroom and a pull out couch and pull down table/bed

I was going to say AoA in a family suite, as it gives you a queen size bed, a pull out couch, and a pull down bed... plus 2 bathrooms.. which is always a benefit. My mom, DD and I have stayed here just for that reason on a girls trip., I slept in the master (queen) my mom slept on the pull out couch her choice and my DD who is an adult, and she is 5'9" slept on the pull down, and they all were very comfortable. My DD and I shared the master bathroom, and my mom had the other one.. Plus I really like the small kitchenette area..and its just soooo dang cute...

My other suggestion would just to do separate rooms at a value.. I have said on the Dis many times, on girls trips I book my own room so that I don't have to share, unless its with of course DH, my mom, DD and grandson or best friend... I really hate sharing a bathroom with others... plus I am a very light sleeper and get up and down so I would hate to disturb any one... plus I have found out that taking a break from your friends is a must, its all about personal space and some privacy is what is all about with me. Especially if you have a friend who is a slob, and throws her stuff everywhere.
My inlaws have been dropping hints they want to do a family trip, and I've already told my husband we are booking our own room. I would do the same as you. I need my time away, and could never share the bathroom with someone other than my husband.

And by 5, I mean 3 adults and 2 kids. If you do a package, put two kids under 3 so you don't get charged for tickets for them.
That will not work. We are a family of 5 and when my youngest was 2 we booked a room at BC. They gave us a room with only 2 queen beds, no daybed, and said it because he was under 3 so did not count as a guest needing a sleep surface. They were fully booked and could not move us, and he was a week from his 3rd birthday and way too big for a pack and play, so we had to squeeze 3 in one bed all week.

We learned the hard way if you want the day bed, book a room type where it is the only option.

That will not work. We are a family of 5 and when my youngest was 2 we booked a room at BC. They gave us a room with only 2 queen beds, no daybed, and said it because he was under 3 so did not count as a guest needing a sleep surface. They were fully booked and could not move us, and he was a week from his 3rd birthday and way too big for a pack and play, so we had to squeeze 3 in one bed all week.

We learned the hard way if you want the day bed, book a room type where it is the only option.

my suggestion was to do this to see if the two queens and the daybed would show up in the search. Of course, if you don’t bother booking that option, you’re SOL.

my suggestion was to do this to see if the two queens and the daybed would show up in the search. Of course, if you don’t bother booking that option, you’re SOL.
I still don’t get it—they don’t assign the rooms until days before the trip so you won’t know when you book which kind of room you are getting. Except at moderates where there is a separate “5th sleeper” category, the search engine doesn’t differentiate between rooms with a day bed and without.

And by 5, I mean 3 adults and 2 kids. If you do a package, put two kids under 3 so you don't get charged for tickets for them.
I would avoid doing a package period, if you want to use this method to book a room
Will avoid all problems.
Make it easy and keep them the same sex as the actual guest, and something like 16 yo. Won't put them on a pack and play LOL

I still don’t get it—they don’t assign the rooms until days before the trip so you won’t know when you book which kind of room you are getting. Except at moderates where there is a separate “5th sleeper” category, the search engine doesn’t differentiate between rooms with a day bed and without.
If they are all over 3, Disney site shouldn't even return results to book a room without a place for 5 people to put their heads down to sleep, so to speak. So you wouldn't be able to book a Deluxe room without a day bed, for example.

Port Orleans Riverside has a 5 person room - 2 queens and a pull down twin size (my 6’ 33 year old son slept on it, but didn’t have a lot of roll-around room). There are lots of YouTube walk-throughs online.

If you do not have 3 adults, but you list 3 adults when you actually book the room, at mod/value/deluxe, you will be charged the extra adult fee. I think it is $15/$25/$35 plus tax, per night.

Another option you might want to consider is an offsite hotel. You would need daily transportation to WDW, and have to pay WDW parking, but you can get a VERY big room in Flamingo Crossings for a very nice rate and most of the hotels include breakfast. The whole area is brand new, and you can possible save $ by hitting the Target there for some food/supplies.

You could possibly get a studio room, or even a two-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. I confuse the 2 Hilton properties, but one of them has a nice pool with a waterslide.

Another option is a bigger room or 2 rooms maybe at the Marriott World Center. They offer rooms w/2 queens +daybed. MWC has a huge, recently remade pool area/practically a water park. It is offsite, but a VERY short drive from Epcot- closer than most WDW hotels. Reg rooms run about $150, 5-person room runs about $300, maybe less if you have AAA. Many rooms have view of Epcot fireworks. Beautiful hotel.

We also need the extra bed now and have stayed at the Yacht Club, Beach Club, Poly, Grand Floridian and All Star Music Suites. We just got back from a stay at the Grand Floridian and rented points for a stay at the newly renovated Big Pine Key building. If you wanted to be near Epcot we really love the Yacht Club. I search for rooms that will hold 5 guests.

If you do not have 3 adults, but you list 3 adults when you actually book the room, at mod/value/deluxe, you will be charged the extra adult fee. I think it is $15/$25/$35 plus tax, per night.

Another option you might want to consider is an offsite hotel. You would need daily transportation to WDW, and have to pay WDW parking, but you can get a VERY big room in Flamingo Crossings for a very nice rate and most of the hotels include breakfast. The whole area is brand new, and you can possible save $ by hitting the Target there for some food/supplies.

You could possibly get a studio room, or even a two-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. I confuse the 2 Hilton properties, but one of them has a nice pool with a waterslide.

Another option is a bigger room or 2 rooms maybe at the Marriott World Center. They offer rooms w/2 queens +daybed. MWC has a huge, recently remade pool area/practically a water park. It is offsite, but a VERY short drive from Epcot- closer than most WDW hotels. Reg rooms run about $150, 5-person room runs about $300, maybe less if you have AAA. Many rooms have view of Epcot fireworks. Beautiful hotel.
Which is why you enter their age over 3 and under 18, if they are being used to book for sleeping surfaces only.

Since you plan n mostly Epcot. BW Villas DVC have a pull down. Poly DVC also has a pull down and a second shower. Those would be my 2 options for what you ask. if you plan on renting points you will need to start early. BW will be considerable cheaper as the point value for a studio is a good amount lower.

The search engine online doesn't. But when you call and speak to a person, they can book a specific bedding configuration for you.

The search engine online doesn't. But when you call and speak to a person, they can book a specific bedding configuration for you.
No, they can’t. It can be requested like any other room request, but is not guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter