Help!! Clueless when it comes to flying

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
Okay, I'll admit I am a 30 yo virgin. I have never flown. We have a layover and have to switch planes. Do we have to "check in" at the lay over, get a new boarding pass, etc?? Or do we get everything when we get to the first airport??

If you are on the same airline (just switching planes on your layover, but staying with the same carrier) you *should* be able to check in at your first airport, and check your bags, and get all your boarding passes at your first stop. They will tell you when you check in. Even if you do, I would still check in with the airline at your gate for your second leg.

It is really late, and if I am not making sense, please PM me, and I will try to be more lucid in the morning :D

I hope you have a GREAT first flight. It will be a lot of fun for you.

debster812 is correct. They will give you boarding passes for all the legs of your flight to MCO, so dont' lose them! Your baggage will be check all the way thought (unless you are coming from overseas in which case you will have to clam your baggage in customs) They will let you know what gate to go to for your first flight. They will try to let you know the gate for the second one, but things happen and may it become invalid by the time you get there. So look at the monitors once you de-plane after your first leg. :)

Another hint is once your on the your first plane, to look at the in-flight magazine to see if there is a map at your connecting flight airport. That way you can get a lay of the land just incase you have to run to your connection.

what is the in flight magazine and where do you find it? We have a connecting flight without much time to spare in between. With it being winter that is the one thing I'm really worried about is catching the second flight.

If you're flying Southwest my understanding is that you need to check in again for all segments, not just the first one. I may be wrong but we were just discussing this last week and that's what a relative had to do.

Don't fret about the second leg. If your first flight is delayed and you miss your connection, just go to a service counter of the airline you are flying and they will get you on a later flight.

Peggy

Thanks! We are flying Delta on both legs. From Sacramento to Atlanta then to Orlando.

The inflight magazine will be in a pouch in front of your seat. I reccomend bringing a drink of your own on board in your carryon. I get very thirsty and the drink cart is always very slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter