Help choosing 5 one credit restaurants!

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I am considering the following restaurants for our trip and can't decide. We will be on the standard table service dining plan so maybe we should also consider where the best desserts/ drinks are :) Any input?
  • Boma- we're staying at AKL so we figure we should try it. We don't love African/ exotic foods but everyone seems to love it. If it has mashed potatoes and steak/ tenderloin then we will be happy.
  • Coral Reef- we ate here 4 years ago and it was one of our favorites. Loved our steak and chocolate wave dessert for one credit and the atmosphere.
  • Ohana- we always go here on our MK night. I feel like it is the best 1 credit near MK and always enjoy it.
  • Homecoming- never been but everyone seems to love it. We would probably do it as a lunch though maybe on the way to the waterpark or on the way back from the waterpark since we have to stop at Disney Springs. I'm not sure we would want to eat something so heavy but if it really is the best food then we should try it.
  • Via Napoli- we went here 2 years ago and really liked the pizza. Planning on paying OOP here so we can spend 2 credits at California Grill one night.
  • Yak and Yeti- never been but the pineapple skewers and noodles look good
  • Sanaa- we went here 2 years ago and I just had the bread service but it was very good. Again, we aren't exotic eaters but I did really like the bread service.
  • Teppan Edo- we don't do hibachi at home and some of our group went here a year ago but not everyone. Love the entertainment and the steak.
Any ideas? We need to choose 5 :)

If your pay oop for via Napoli you really just need to remove 2. I would take out yak and yeti and teppan edo since you love coral reef.

Yak and yeti since you are staying at akl and have good choices around you.
I've never been to coral reef or teppan edo so I have no opinion on either.

I love boma, ohana, and am planning on homecoming and Sanaa based on lots of reviews.

Have fun!

I know I am in the minority, but I am not a Boma fan. I think you definitely need to confirm there are desserts you like at any non-buffet place you pick. I will do Tappan Edo when on Dlx plan, because I like the apps, but not when on regular plan because I don't get dessert there.

Thumbs up to Coral Reef! Hitting Ohana for the first time in September - can't wait.

This is our list for 5 one-credit restaurants:
1) Boma
2) Rose & Crown
3) Raglan Roads
4) Biergarten
5) D-Luxe Burger ----- correction, Trail's End (since I forgot D-Luxe is a QS not TS)

So...with your choice, I totally agree with Boma. We haven't tried Homecomin' but totally LOVE Raglan Roads. We spend most of our time Epcot for dinning so I can't comment on some of your other choice expect that we really did enjoy 'Ohana when we ate there.

Last edited:

You mentioned desserts: Coral Reef also has a Bailey's & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse. It is one of my favorites.
Yak & Yeti has a fried wonton dessert that is very very good.

1) Boma
2) Rose & Crown
3) Raglan Roads
4) Biergarten
5) D-Luxe Burger

D-Luxe Burger is a QS restaurant, not a TS restaurant, so don't need to include that one in the count.

• Via Napoli- we went here 2 years ago and really liked the pizza. Planning on paying OOP here so we can spend 2 credits at California Grill one night

I'm a little confused. Do you have 5 total TS credits including CRT or do you have 7 TS credits and you're using 2 of them for CRT, so have 5 more?

We love Boma and Sanaa. You can go to the Sanaa Lounge for the bread service I heard. Also paying OOP for Via Napoli is good because it really is reasonably priced.
I would pick Boma, Ohana, Coral Reef and Homecomin. Are you going to California Grill? I would do California Grill. Enjoy!

I wouldn't recommend CG. I think it is the most overrated restaurant on all of property.

D-Luxe Burger is a QS restaurant, not a TS restaurant, so don't need to include that one in the count.

I'm a little confused. Do you have 5 total TS credits including CRT or do you have 7 TS credits and you're using 2 of them for CRT, so have 5 more?

We are there 6 nights but one night I know I want California Grill so we will have to pay for one meal OOP making via Napoli an affordable choice but I’m open to suggestions. I need 5 one credit restaurants with one being OOP :) our 6th night we are doing California Grill.

I wouldn't recommend CG. I think it is the most overrated restaurant on all of property.

We absolutely love it! Had our wedding reception there and go every trip. I seriously can’t understand why someone would not love it! Lol but agree to disagree :)

We are there 6 nights but one night I know I want California Grill so we will have to pay for one meal OOP making via Napoli an affordable choice but I’m open to suggestions. I need 5 one credit restaurants with one being OOP :) our 6th night we are doing California Grill.

Sorry, I don't know why I was thinking CRT instead of CG. So you have 6 total credits and 2 of them are for CG. Pay OOP for VN, so you really only need 4 one credit places.

I wouldn't do Boma, Yak n Yeti, AND Sanaa; they are too similar. Choose one or maybe two. I know you liked the bread service, but are you sure there is something else on the menu you will eat?

It sounds like Ohana and Coral Reef are definite favorites and must do as a repeat. Seriously look at the menus of the others and choose what has the most variety of what you might eat.

One other point to consider. Disney Springs has several really good QS places to eat now too, so if you expect that to be a light day, eating wise, I'd skip an ADR there and just do QS. Polite Pig is a QS and has similar food to Homecomin' and also gets great reveiws.

5 of the ones on your list are repeats for us every single trip.

We love Ohana for supper. This is our must eat at restaurant every trip.

Yak & Yeti has the best fried green beans & dessert wontons.

Coral Reef is always good & a relaxing spot to eat.

Sanaa was added to our list after trying it this last year & it was awesome!

Teppan Edo is another favorite.

We tried Boma years back for supper & didn’t care for it ... but we aren’t buffet people. As we stay at AKL & we had a credit left last year we ate breakfast there one morning. I was very impressed with the breakfast.

If I were you, I would choose:

1. Coral Reef—The mousse
2. Ohana—Always a favorite
3. Yak & Yeti—Best 1 TS restaurant in WDW right now.
4. Sanaa—I didn’t like Boma, but I would like to try Sanaa. Everything I tried at Boma tasted like cinnamon red hot candy.
5. Teppan Edo—Hibachi is fun so it’s worthwhile if you don’t have it at home.

I am not a fan of going to Disney Springs. It takes too much time out of Disney vacation for what is essentially a shopping trip.

Have fun!

The one credit ADR I am most looking forward to during my first September trip (‘OHana is at end of month) is Terralina in DS. The menu has me excited, especially the gelato sandwich thing for dessert.

Via Napoli is my fav... the others i can take or leave but always insist on 1 dinner/lunch at Via Napoli... 2 if i can get away with it! :)

As for desserts, Homecomin' has the best, deepest menu of the choices you're considering. And it's a new-ish restaurant you haven't been to. Ohana is almost always a fantastic experience (but for the feeling of being rushed). Boma is great if your group, as most groups do, consists of both picky and exotic eaters (as compared to Sanaa, which is awesome, but geared more to the exotic eater). If you have hibachi at home, don't do Teppan Edo - Disney does many things at the highest level - this hibachi is not one of them. For me, the rest are a toss-up depending on your group's preferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter