Hello from OK!

P.S. Looks like my family will be watching the game from the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk!!

OH!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! We did that two years ago when OU played Nebraska in the championship. A couple words of warning though: First, it was PACKED, because Florida was playing in the SEC champ. that afternoon, so we had a hard time getting a table. We finally found a table and shared it with another family of OU fans who were also waiting for a table, which turned out to be fun. Second, the SEC game ran over into the OU game, so we had to watch without sound for a while, but once the game was over, they STILL did not turn on the sound for OU. They had sound for some other podunk team that was playing. We complained, but they said they weren't going to change it, so we left and watched the rest of it in our room. So, just be aware! I hope you have fun!

I'll be freezing my butt off in KC, and hopefully enjoying every minute of it!

I saw that!! Yea, Loribell!!!:cheer2:

I'm trying to decide if I want to post this little tidbit:
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11142830

Lesson 2
Texas just learned what karma is all about.

The Longhorns are up in arms about Oklahoma getting voted into the Big 12 title game. They should be. But look beyond the anger. This is payback My Name Is Earl-style.

Rewind to December 4, 2004 when Cal had just won at Southern Miss by 10 points (which included taking a knee with a minute left inside the USM 10) and was ranked No. 4 and in line to get picked up by the Rose Bowl since No. 1 USC was going to the Orange Bowl to win the national title. But then Mack Brown publicly politicked and allegedly made a number of glad-handing phone calls to his poll-voting cronies, begging them to rank his Longhorns ahead of the Bears in the final regular-season poll. This tactic worked. Cal's lead over Texas in the coaches poll went from 48 points to five allowing the 'Horns to jump the Bears in the final BCS poll and get the Rose Bowl bid.

Guess what Longhorns, 2008 is your karma for 2004. OU gets to go to the Big 12 title game because you only beat the Sooners by 10. Only this time it looks like it cost you a shot at the national title. Grin and bear it.

OH!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! We did that two years ago when OU played Nebraska in the championship. A couple words of warning though: First, it was PACKED, because Florida was playing in the SEC champ. that afternoon, so we had a hard time getting a table. We finally found a table and shared it with another family of OU fans who were also waiting for a table, which turned out to be fun. Second, the SEC game ran over into the OU game, so we had to watch without sound for a while, but once the game was over, they STILL did not turn on the sound for OU. They had sound for some other podunk team that was playing. We complained, but they said they weren't going to change it, so we left and watched the rest of it in our room. So, just be aware! I hope you have fun!

I'll be freezing my butt off in KC, and hopefully enjoying every minute of it!

We watched the game at ESPN Zone in Times Square in 2006. Same deal, we had to watch without sound until the last, oh, ten minutes or so. We also found a couple of guys from OK routing for our boys.

P.S. Looks like my family will be watching the game from the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk!!

Oh rub it in! ;) I officially cancelled our after Christmas trip today. :sad1: My oldest could not get away after Christmas so we cancelled to go in July when she can go.

I also wanted to say how sorry I am about your loss I read about in that ridiculous thread. You are a very strong person to have gotten through such a terrible time. :grouphug:

Can you believe that wendy darling said she would commit suicide before she would cheer for OU? :scared1: What an assinine thing to say.

Oh rub it in! ;) I officially cancelled our after Christmas trip today. :sad1: My oldest could not get away after Christmas so we cancelled to go in July when she can go.

I also wanted to say how sorry I am about your loss I read about in that ridiculous thread. You are a very strong person to have gotten through such a terrible time. :grouphug:

Can you believe that wendy darling said she would commit suicide before she would cheer for OU? :scared1: What an assinine thing to say.

That is a pretty ridiculous thing to say, especially when dealing with terminal illness. And to randomly say "Oh, my dad said that." I wonder if her dad really is sick or if she just realized her foot was coming out her rear end she'd shoved it so far in her mouth? I do feel for anyone dealing with tragedy, but I've definitely seen stuff like that happen on these boards.

Thanks! :hug: It was a bad, bad, bad year. Honestly, it seemed like every time we turned around we lost someone.

Wow, I guess I missed a lot on that thread last night, and now she's deleted most of her posts. That certainly was an interesting conversation, wasn't it?

SnowWhite, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. That is more than anyone should have to deal with at one time.

You know I really think that her comments about her dad were a bunch of crap. What a terrible thing to say just to try to cover your tracks. And talking about suicide? That is just wrong. I loved the comment you made about educated/ignorance. I think you hit the nail on the head!

You know someday we need to get together for lunch or something.

Go Sooners!

Could someone tell me why my title underneath my name references the whorns?

Love it! But I do have a problem with the fact that a tag fairy gave you a texas tag when you are not a texas fan. What the heck is up with that?

goofeyken - Hi! Welcome to our little group.

You know I really think that her comments about her dad were a bunch of crap. What a terrible thing to say just to try to cover your tracks. And talking about suicide? That is just wrong. I loved the comment you made about educated/ignorance. I think you hit the nail on the head!

You know someday we need to get together for lunch or something.

Go Sooners!

Yeah, she smelled of bs...or is it ls? ;)

You got it! DISer Sooners lunch!!

Love it! But I do have a problem with the fact that a tag fairy gave you a texas tag when you are not a texas fan. What the heck is up with that?

goofeyken - Hi! Welcome to our little group.

Tag fairy must be from the "dirty south!"

I think we should try to plan a lunch for sometime after the first of the year. I would imagine everyone is too busy to do it before then. Plus at least one of us is going to be at WDW.

Two Tulsans in one day!! Welcome to our rarely updated thread! Except, of course, when the Sooners are involved. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter