Heated Pools?

CourtneyKaro

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are staying at Portofino the 14th-17th of December. My kids are fish and my daughter is a competitive swimmer who will want to get some laps in in the morning and at night before bed, if the weather is chilly are the pools still warm enough to swim in? Are any of the resort pools known to be warmer than the others?

The pools are heated and are fairly warm, but not hot. There are also a couple of hot tubs scattered around. You are also allowed to "pool hop" (use the other resort's pools) as long as you are staying onsite and have your keycard.

The kids water play area at Royal Pacific is most definitely not heated... The last time we were there it was pretty chilly out. We walked through the play area to get to the hot tub and the water in there was like ice. There were still several kids playing in it though...

Pools are heated to 80ish, just like at Disney.

December CAN be quite cold, as in have cold snaps that get to freezing or below, so just know that the outside air matters.

Have done hot tubs at Disney on sunny days early December, it was gorgeous, :thumbsup2but never the pools; aagh so NICE before the winter doldrums set in .:yay: Going to Universal mid December and hoping for some sun again! :beach: Be prepared though, we had gorgeous days, right after sun went down, nights were downright cool. Bring heavier clothing for the evening. ENJOY!::yes::

Hello! We are staying at Portofino the 14th-17th of December. My kids are fish and my daughter is a competitive swimmer who will want to get some laps in in the morning and at night before bed, if the weather is chilly are the pools still warm enough to swim in? Are any of the resort pools known to be warmer than the others?
Based upon our experience in early December, can't imagine air being comfortable at night to swim, it was downright chilly as soon as the sun went down.:scared1: If it were me, I would want my kids to swim during day when sun is shining.:goodvibes HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter