Healthy smoothie recipes?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
I received a Magic Bullet for Christmas and wanted to use it for some Smoothies. I was disappointed that the book only came with a few recipes. I tried Pinterest and Google searches but so many recipes came up! I also had a hard time figuring out which ones were actually healthy and which ones would also taste good!

So I'm looking for a healthy recipe that would keep me full till lunch or almost lunch? Any one have any they would like to share? I would prefer more fruit than vegetable ones!

Thanks!

I've never made any, but daphne oz on the chew is always making some and she definitely trends towards healthy ones. she was making one today and I was just saying to my son that we should try it. it had a banana, frozen cherries, kale (which she said you can't taste because of the fruit), I think almond butter, not sure what else. they post the recipes on the site though so you might want to check there.

I don't have an actual recipe, but I like to make smoothies with a little plain nonfat Greek yogurt, a variety of frozen fruits (which I thaw slightly because my blender won't work on them otherwise), and a packet of stevia. My favorites are strawberries, pineapples, and peaches all mixed together. Also, if you throw in a handful of spinach or a few baby carrots they are hardly noticeable. Yummy!!!

We got a NutriBullet for Christmas. It came with a book with recipes. For the most part, they are 50% greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard) and 50% fruit. I chopped up a bunch of greens and put them in gallon freezer bags. I also chopped fruit into big chunks and froze them. We have been grabbing stuff and throwing it together. No additional sugar, just using the fruit for sweetness. We are also adding stuff like chia seeds, raw nuts, etc. The NutriBullet website should have recipes.

I never follow a recipe either. Just put in greens (spinach or kale) and whatever else is around. Every day it's something different but it includes some sort of fruit mixture that can include kiwis, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, tomatoes. I always then add flax seed, a little milk, and water and either protein powder or Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar). Sometimes I also throw in a spoonful of either greek yogurt or cottage cheese. It usually tastes better than it looks!

I received a Magic Bullet for Christmas and wanted to use it for some Smoothies. I was disappointed that the book only came with a few recipes. I tried Pinterest and Google searches but so many recipes came up! I also had a hard time figuring out which ones were actually healthy and which ones would also taste good!

So I'm looking for a healthy recipe that would keep me full till lunch or almost lunch? Any one have any they would like to share? I would prefer more fruit than vegetable ones!

Thanks!

I am doing the 30 day green smoothie challenge at:
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleGreenSmoothies?ref=br_tf

Every Thursday, they give you a shopping list and new recipes to try. So far they have all tasted great. I did the "jelly" one for next week today and I can't believe how good it was. And I am not a fan of kale :goodvibes

I've never made any, but daphne oz on the chew is always making some and she definitely trends towards healthy ones. she was making one today and I was just saying to my son that we should try it. it had a banana, frozen cherries, kale (which she said you can't taste because of the fruit), I think almond butter, not sure what else. they post the recipes on the site though so you might want to check there.

That is close to the one I made today from simple green smoothies, except trade the frozen cherries for frozen grapes. I have made it with kale and spinach and it is yummy. I eat primal, so I love that all their smoothies are pretty much primal/paleo friendly.

2 cups spinach (fresh)
2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
2 cups red grapes (frozen to chill the smoothie)
2 bananas
4 tbs almond butter

Mix the greens and the milk first to make sure there are no chunks and then add the fruit.

We bought our Nutri Bullet in the Fall. At first Dh did not follow the many recipes included. Then started to just add things willy nilly mostly nuts without measuring.

I've become concerned on three counts.

1) The amt (calories) that one large container ='s in servings? Most times Dh is consuming most of it.
2) The amt of nuts = calories if more than 1 oz. of nuts are used
3) The substitution of ie apple juice to sweeten the more green(s) recipes.

Otherwise it's been good this far. ;)

I have a green smoothie most days for lunch and it satisfies me until dinner. I kind of put it together myself:

1/2 cup or so of frozen blueberries
a few ice cubes
a scoop of the Target brand chocolate protein powder
a tablespoon or so of peanut butter
1/2 cup or so of the low calorie almond milk
a couple tablespoons of plain greek yogurt (low calorie one)
a few handfuls of fresh spinach to fill out the blender.

I like green smoothies. I fill the blender half way up with spinach, add a banana for sweetness, and some frozen strawberries. A little citrus is also good in it. I add some water to thin it out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I usually juice my greens...but now that I have a better blender, I may do some green smoothies. Until then...here's some healthy fruit smoothies:

Strawberry Smoothie
8 ice cubes
1 cup frozen strawberries
12-16 oz. water
packet of strawberry Crystal light
scoop of vanilla protein powder
Blend to desired consistency

Chocolate Banana Smoothie
3-4 ice cubes
1 cup almond milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
banana

Vitamin C overload (great if you feel a cold coming on)
1/2 banana
frozen strawberries
frozen mango
frozen papaya* (optional)
frozen raspberries
orange juice
*with the bullet I think I did 1/2 cup strawberries and 1/4 everything else.

I love using coconut water (gross) and 3-4 cubes of frozen pineapple, no ice needed. It was the only way I can drink the stuff when I was on a health kick. It made a really yummy slushy.

I also used spinach and fruit mixed up with ice and water. Some fruit worked better than others to cover up any green taste.

A favorite of my kids that I make in my vitamix (not sure how big the nutribullet is but probably need to at least halve) is:

2 cups frozen fruit (tropical mix, strawberries, whatever, organic is best!)
1/2 banana (I usually keep these peeled and frozen in the freezer)
1 cup non-dairy milk (we drink almond or soy, non-gmo)
1/2 container silken or soft tofu (organic, non-gmo)
A little squirt of organic agave syrup for sweetness if needed

You can add a little more or less milk to adjust thickness. This makes at least 2 big servings....it's vegan, high protein, and delicious! My vitamix can crush anything so I keep everything but the milk on hand frozen, but may want tofu and banana to be not frozen if it's questionable.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

A great way to sweeten smoothies is to add some dates to it. If you also want more of a "treat", just blend up some ice, skim milk and dates. It tastes like a vanilla shake.:goodvibes. My DH likes a banana/date smoothie.

20 green grapes
about 2 cups of kale or spinach, (I like the kale better, can't really taste it)
about 1 1/2 cups of pineapple ( I buy it frozen at Costco)

about 6 walnut halves

This makes 2 16 oz smoothies in my vitamix.

It is so good!

Thanks everyone I can't wait to try some of these! Right now its 10 degrees and snowy so I went with hot green tea rather than a smoothie this morning : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter