"Healthier" Women in bathing suits?

Jenn31

Mouseketeer
:( Well, everybody, I've been checking out this board for quite some time and I've gotten so much useful information! Now I have a question: We've never been on a Disney cruise before and I tend to shy away from places that require swim suits if ya know what I mean. Needless to say I could lose a little more than a few pounds!

I was wondering if you see your average body type in swim suites or if the majority is "little people?" I'd really like to book a cruise with DISNEY but would like to know if there are "healthier girls on this board who put on the swim suit? :)

Any info would be great!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

On the three cruises we have been on, we have seen the whole gamut. We have seen the folks who look like they spent hours getting ready to go swimming, and have the bodies to match, and we have seen the "healthier" people like us.

We have always felt that the nice thing about DCL is that there are a lot of families, and family life tends to lead to a "healthier" lifestyle - if you know what I mean.

Go, have fun, and forget about what the others may or may not think. DCL is not just a "little people" hangout from our experience.

Hi Jenn, and welcome to the Cruise Board! :)

You will see EVERY shape and size on a Disney cruise, so please don't worry about that! :) Go and enjoy!

All sizes and all swimsuit styles. Go, put your swimsuit on and enjoy. I always seem to wear my cover up as I don't go in the pools, but at the beaches when I go in the water, its swimsuit only, and I didn't think twice about it.

All sizes and shapes! I'am overweight. PERIOD! and I felt comfortable enough to walk around with my suit. Lots of fluffy bodys abound...LOL:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

In 26 Disney cruises, we have seen every size and shape imaginable. I could definitely stand to loose a few (well, maybe more than a few) pounds, but I am not shy about my body and never let that keep me from water sports. But I have seen plenty of people much larger than me, as well as plenty who look like models, on the ships. Disney is a great cross-section of people, so whatever your body type, you should feel comfortable.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Wheeew!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm really glad it's a wide array of body types! I was going to wait until I shed a few pounds but I realized that it might be a while!!! LOL! :p

I know we will definately book a cruise now! What the heck, enjoy it when you're able to do it!

And thanks everybody for the happy welcome! This is a great board with fabulous people and wonderful topics!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by Jenn31
but would like to know if there are "healthier girls on this board who put on the swim suit? :)
/B]

Ohhhh! Yes! ME! I wouldn't worry about that at all! I actually don't recall seeing a lot of "hotties" in bathing suits if you know what I mean. You'll be just fine!!!

Kathy

I can't wait to put on my size '24' red Mickey suit and get into the pools and go to Serenity Beach at CC. I've always loved wearing that suit and now I know I'll really "fit in"... ( I also own a pink and purple Pooh that I'm planning on taking as a second suit so I don't have to put on the wet Mickey when it's time to go again)...

Enjoy... Enjoy...

Size 14 here (16 in a bathing suit cos I like them bigger). I recently bought 2 new identical black bathing suits. Yes people will think Im in the same suit but I thought it looked nice on me so I bought 2. They have a "slip" over the bathing suit, I think they are slimming looking.
And I have a 3rd that I'll begin the cruise with. I usually wear shorts over it when Im out of the water. It does have an extra piece going diagnoally across one of the legs.
And my 4th suit has built in shorts. Not sure if Im taking that one as it's an older suit.

this was something I used to worry about - but after my first cruise i felt more comfortable. You will see all kinds of shapes and sizes. Take your swimsuit and enjoy.

Don't worry--be happy! my crusing motto.

I used to be self-conscious to be seen in my swim suit around friends. (Never did worry on the cruise--since I didn't know these people and would probably never see them again!) Last May I escaped to WDW with my best friend. She told me that she used to be self-conscious until someone told her, "What do you expect when you put on a suit--to miraculously become a size 8?--we all know what size you are with your clothes on!"

Since then, I figure that fun is more important than my ego. One more comforting thought is that I have always found people around who make me look small in comparison. Why don't men worry about this stuff????

Be comfortable with yourself. Don't worry about everyone else. I got down to a size 8 with thunder thighs and a big old butt. It's my butt and I'm proud of it. Plenty of Moms & Dads on DCL. Just go have a good time and wear what you are comfortable with. This world is filled with all-sized people. Their hearts are just as large and feelings are hurt just as quickly as mine! Have a good time!

p.s. Lose weight if YOU want. A warning: The cheese danish on Topsiders is TO DIE FOR though.

Kim ºOº

Last year we were on a Princess cruise and I was a little nervous about putting the suit on. The first swim I did in the evening and I went in at the beach.
I think Disney will be a friendlier enviroment, being families. and I've lost 33 pounds - more to go... so I will be hitting the pool. I ust make sure my suit is respectful -(if you know what I mean). and I have a black lace beach coverup.

I don't sit in the sun anyway - I burn easy.

And there's so much else to do.

I plan on having fun.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Remember you will probably never see the people you cruise with ever again, right. Don't worry Be Happy!!!!! Your on vacation....
If they don't like what they see than they shouldn't be looking:>

.......And I may not even see the same people twice on the ship.
We're already talking about booking a cruise for Late Feb for 7 night Eastern, I called DCL and they said there is PLENTY of room left! Yippee! Since we're in California and the Winter clothes a re already in the stores, Do you think I should buy my wardrobe now? Bathing suit (A Black One!):p And shorts, ect?

I would imagine it would be pretty difficult to purchase those items in December!:bounce:

Gosh I can't wait!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I already have the "itch" to go and I've never been before....boy, these boards really get you excited about going. I can see now that this very board will end up costing me thousands of dollars! LOL! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

vicnmickey posted:
If they don't like what they see than they shouldn't be looking:>
Or, maybe they like what they see, and that's why they are looking! ;) Many "healthier" women are quite beautiful! :D
Go and have a great time!

I am as "healthy" as they come, and I felt comfortable in my suit onboard. i wore a nice white coverup to and from the pool, or to pop in for a quick drink somewhere during the day. You will not feel self conscious, I think.

And, MdM, thanks for the thought! There are beautiful big women out there!

To be honest, I never even noticed what OTHER people looked like in their suits! (of course I was self consious about ME!!) Then I started thinking..... if I don't notice THEM what makes me think they notice ME?? LOL

Originally posted by disney6
To be honest, I never even noticed what OTHER people looked like in their suits! (of course I was self consious about ME!!) Then I started thinking..... if I don't notice THEM what makes me think they notice ME?? LOL

Ain't that the truth! Such a great point....

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter