HDDR wasted on a 4 yr old?

hookedup

<font color=navy>radsmom <font color=blue>(Mom to
I have always wanted to go to HDDR but my dh has balked at the price. The past three years we have not done it. This trip my ds will be 4 1/2 and I want to try it. I want to book now so we can get a decent spot.
I have been reading the reviews and questions here to get some insight and try to convince dh we should book it. My latest discussion centered on how it's a show - not just dinner - hence the price. DH said that he was concerned that our ds would not enjoy a dinner show and I know he really questions whether the price is worth it.
What do you think about a 4.5 year old boy enjoying the show?

No experience here - but I sure hope my 4 yo grandson will enjoy it. We booked it for our upcoming trip. Sounds great. The price is a little up there - since there are 4 adults 1 child in our party - but figured with the unlimited eats (and drinks ::yes:: ), plus a show - couldn't go wrong.

And I truly think - you make your own fun too. If you go in expecting to have fun - you will.

We went when my sons were 1-1/2 and 4. My son who was 4 at the time always asks to go back. He loved it! We sat up front. I think it's a great show for the whole family and worth the money. Go for it!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My daughters were 4 and 5 when we saw it with them, and you better believe they remember it! Their mom was selected to be one of the participants in the show, so they often recall the time when "Mom had to do the can-can in that funny dress!" You'll have a GREAT time. The show is intentionally corny, but really funny, and the food is good for kids. Have fun!

Go to the show!!

Your son will enjoy it. My son laughed throughout the show and sang the whole way back to the resort. We'll be going to the HDDR again in August.

We all enjoyed the food. I think the fried chicken is sme of the best I've ever had.

We took our DD last year when she was 3.5. She loved it. She laughed, clapped along with us and she loved Dolly who came over and gave her a hug. She still remebers it and sings the opening song whenever I mention the show. We are going in July and when I asked her what she wanted to see or do, Hoop Dee Doo was at the top of her list.::yes::

We went two years ago when our ds's were 7 and 3. They both loved the show and laughed and laughed! My 7 year old got the jokes better than my 3 year old (he had just turned 3) but my three year old still thought it was fun! He enjoyed banging the spoon on the washboard!

I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

We took our DD when she was 3.11 and she LOVED it. She got a few of the jokes and she thought the dancers were funny. She ate good and really loved the show. We are going again this year on July 4th and she can hardly wait! (She will be 5.11). Go to the show-he'll love it.::yes::

I was a bit hesitant with my 3.5 year old son, but he loved it. Clapping and laughing - and he loved the food too. I was pleasantly surprised! We have some great film of him enjoying it!

My DS has gone at ages 3 1/2 & 5 1/2, and he loved the show both times. He was in a mood during the show and he was trying so hard not to smile, but he just could not help it. He had to laugh.

I tell you what, *I* went as a 4 yo, and those are the only Disney memories I have from that trip. MOST of hte pictures we have are of our great exp that night there, and my mom still loves to tell people how much me and my 2 yo sister enjoyed it so much.

TAKE HIM!

Agree with everyone else....he'll LOVE it. Our sons were 3 & 1 the first time we did it. Even the 1 yo had fun...loved all the music. Te 3 yo laughed so hard that a family at another table took pictures of him. He laughed at jokes that I didn't even think he would "get."

Thanks for the feedback - I will book next week! :)

Loved it,they laughed so hard at the "Two Bit's" one of Pioneer Hall player's they almost rolled on the floor.::yes:: :wave2:

I have a friend who when ever someone mentions going to WDW says to be sure to go to HDDR. He tells the story of how his 4 yo twins laughed and clapped the whole time. They like it more than the parks!:)

Book early so you get a table on the main floor.

Have fun!:wave:

We last were at HDDR in 2001, when my youngest ds had just turned 4. he loved it. In fact, all my kids (4, 6 1/2 and 9) loved it.....it's the thing they mention most when they talk about WDW. My parents were with us, and they had a great time.

It was so much fun that my parents are paying for my extended family (7 adults and 7 kids) to attend this summer!

Julia

My older nephew (5) absolutely loved the show, laughed like crazy at all the jokes. The younger one (3) liked the songs and the opportunity to bang on a washboard.

Book as soon as possible so you get a table closer to the stage.

My DD was 3 when we took her and she loved it. She always asks when we are doing it again. I don't think it is a waste at all.

Did it when my sons were 6 and 12. My 6 year old got "whisked" away before I knew it and the next time I saw him he was hitting the "bad guy" with a pillow on stage, with his vest, badge and cowboy hat. He got a certificate stating that he was the best sheriff since the last one and before the next one!!!!!:teeth: With a picture of him standing over the bad guy with his arms all "muscled up". Needless to say, Nana, Pop-pop, Mom, Dad and both boys had a ball!!!

We went on my DS's 5th B'day trip and it's his #1 happy memory from WDW!! He absolutely LOVED it! Still sings the songs and tells the jokes 2.5 yrs later...it is a must-doo our next trip!;) (Actually had to take him to the restroom mid-show because he was laughing so hard!)

BTW, my grandma took me to WDW when I was 5, and what do I remember? The pool at the Poly? The attractions in MK? Nope! Playing the washboard at HDDR! It is an awesome experience for most little ones!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter