Have you ever heard someone say "do you know who i am?

Yes, actually. Not a celebrity, it was the wife of the library board president. I was a librarian so I guess her husband was kind of my superior (that's not exactly how a library board works though, that would be like saying that a teacher works for the school board), but she seemed to think that she was my boss as well. I miss working there but I'm glad I don't have to deal with that BS anymore!

Yes. One was someone asking for information, which I declined to provide. Another asking for admittance, which I eventually gave.

Once, a long time ago. I was an operator in my early years where I currently work, and an employee called and wanted me to send someone from Maintenance to pick him up at the airport. He was cussing so I hung up on him. He called me back, yelling, and said, "Do you know who I am?" I'd heard of him, but told him that that language was unacceptable and hung up on him again. lol

Never heard it, though, from anyone with real clout.

Yep.

Where I used to work, we had a contract to receive info from the IRS and weren’t supposed to share it with other agencies - each agency had to have their own contract. As the IRS Coordinator for our agency, I found out this wasn’t being followed and put a stop to it. One of the higher ups, who I think had a good ol’ boy, handshake agreement with another higher up in a different agency called and cursed me out then asked if I knew who she was. Yep, I did. And I think I still have the emails I sent to her that said I would not approve the other agency’s receipt of said data from us.

I’ve never had anyone say it to me, but I’ve heard it said more than enough. In fact, I was ou Saturday at quite a fancy restaurant and someone was on rant of a similar type. They were an embarrassment to themselves and their party. They may have been drunk too.

Yep and I still don't like the guy who said it because of it! All because I was doing my job and he thought he should get special consideration. Nope he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. Didn't intimidate me in the least.

Not me, but my best friend. This was years ago, but her and her DH took their boat over to one of the Cape Cod islands, don't recall which one. This particular marina did not have "slips". It was first come, first serve. John Kerry, then a MA senator, pulls up in his massive yacht. The old man running the marina told him there was no room for his yacht. John Kerry demanded that he move 4-5 boats to make room, and my friend told me he actually said the words "Do you know who I am?" The old man told him he knew who he was and that there was no room for his yacht.

As for me, not a celebrity, but a physician I worked with. (he has since been fired) He didn't use the exact do you know who I am words, but he frequently made it known to everyone that HE was the DOCTOR and what HE says is what WE do, whether it went against policies or procedures.

Yes, but not someone famous. A few years ago one of the largest donors to the college that I worked for came into our student center. I was still new and just assumed that he was a professor or parent on tour. He was disappointed that I didn't know that he was a mega donor or the former CEO of xxx (internationally known company). I made it a point to know what he looked like and be prepared for his questioning. He was intimidating, but did a huge service to our college. And when you were on his good side (said Hi first) it was even better.

Yep. When my daughter was 10 she had foot surgery, and a little... angel from her class thought it would be funny to stomp on her foot when she returned to school. :mad: I was at her school for field day and there was that same kid, being a sore loser during every game. I nicely reprimanded him after I saw him cheat at a game, and he said, “Do you even know who I am? I’m the gym teacher’s son.”:snooty:
I said, “yes, and you’re also the one who stomped on my daughter’s foot after she had surgery.”
He said, “No one can prove that it was me!”

Nine years later and that still makes me mad.

Not in person but on video. One our local councilman got pulled over for speeding. And he pulled that. And unfortunately it worked for him. Won’t go any further than that.

I've heard in airports times past counting. Something about flying tends to bring out the glasshat in people. I always feel for the airline staff who have to deal with them; can't be fun.

My DH was on a business trip once with his blowhard boss when the boss tried to pull that card at a hotel. DH said that it was all he could do not to crack up when the "desk clerk" turned out to be the general manager and shot down the idiot.

I've heard in airports times past counting. Something about flying tends to bring out the glasshat in people. I always feel for the airline staff who have to deal with them; can't be fun.

My DH was on a business trip once with his blowhard boss when the boss tried to pull that card at a hotel. DH said that it was all he could do not to crack up when the "desk clerk" turned out to be the general manager and shot down the idiot.

Yeah, my experience was at an airport, too. A gate in Atlanta, many years ago. I was sitting close to the desk and paying no attention, reading my book, when I heard "Darlin', you DO know who I am?" in a very condescending tone. I looked up and there stood...well, I won't identify him, but he's a well-known figure in sports, with a reputation for being a jerk. He went on to prove that the reputation is quite well-deserved. :crazy2:

I've said something similar but not for the reasons most would think. There was a song several years ago by Method Man where there was a line that said "you don't know me and you don't know my style". So when someone is trying assert themselves as someone important enough for me to care about (when I really don't) I have been known to say in response "you don't know me and you don't know my style". So in other words - I don't care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter