Haunted Mansion and the Virtual Queue

Is it possible to "plan" a later time for HM? I will be there all day- and would prefer to ride late afternoon or evening. How goes the 12pm VQ process - I don't suppose there is a chart that shows any of this? thx
They seem to be letting people in past their window. We did it hours late last Wednesday. We did it 30 minutes late today.

Is it possible to "plan" a later time for HM? I will be there all day- and would prefer to ride late afternoon or evening. How goes the 12pm VQ process - I don't suppose there is a chart that shows any of this? thx
I was eyeballing it at first, but no one's really tracking it. Thrill-data normally does that, but isn't doing so with HMH for some reason. (Probably because it's so temporary.)

If you had to, you could try around 12:15pm - NorthernCalMom got a 5:40pm callback around then.

But it's really going to vary by day and how busy the park is. If it were me, I'd just grab one whenever and go when you want. Like I said earlier - on Sunday, I got a spot at 7:15am and got there at almost 9pm and they didn't care. (I was an hour late on Monday, same result.)

They seem to be letting people in past their window. We did it hours late last Wednesday. We did it 30 minutes late today.
Wow, this has been a long trip for you! How many more days are you in town?

I was eyeballing it at first, but no one's really tracking it. Thrill-data normally does that, but isn't doing so with HMH for some reason. (Probably because it's so temporary.)

If you had to, you could try around 12:15pm - NorthernCalMom got a 5:40pm callback around then.
Can you see the group number or approximate return time before you commit to the reservation?

It's tough to gauge because they don't give you a time, they give you a call back group. For what it's worth, yesterday we joined the VQ around 8:00am (before entering the park) and got group 36. We got called back for a window of 9:50-10:50 while we were stuck in line at Mickey' house. Had to huff it over from ToonTown to make it in time.

It's tough to gauge because they don't give you a time, they give you a call back group. For what it's worth, yesterday we joined the VQ around 8:00am (before entering the park) and got group 36. We got called back for a window of 9:50-10:50 while we were stuck in line at Mickey' house. Had to huff it over from ToonTown to make it in time.
That is so weird. What if you have dining reservations? Lines are stupid long. If you've been waiting somewhere you don't want to waste that and leave to ride HM. I get it from a standpoint of not knowing how long it will take to get people through, but they should be lenient on the return time if you have no notice.

That is so weird. What if you have dining reservations? Lines are stupid long. If you've been waiting somewhere you don't want to waste that and leave to ride HM. I get it from a standpoint of not knowing how long it will take to get people through, but they should be lenient on the return time if you have no notice.
We were there last week and did the VQ each day for the noon release. Call back was generally around 5pm. One night we did not return until 10pm and they had no issue with it.

Wow, this has been a long trip for you! How many more days are you in town?

Yep. Got here Wednesday before expo. Today is our last park day. We fly home tomorrow. My son joined me Sunday, so it has only been a few days for him. I’m definitely ready to sleep in🤣

Can you see the group number or approximate return time before you commit to the reservation?

Not anymore

When they reach your callback number, you get a push notification from the app, right? The only time I've done a virtual queue was when Rise of the Resistance first opened.

When they reach your callback number, you get a push notification from the app, right? The only time I've done a virtual queue was when Rise of the Resistance first opened.
And you can follow throughout the day to see what number they are at. It will give you an idea when you should start making your way to that side of the park.

They definitely don't care about being late. I got group 1 on Friday and didn't use it until 1030pm. So a good 14 hours after it was supposed to be used. An error message popped up on the cast member's phone and he just brushed it aside.

What if you have dining reservations?
If u have dining reservations that conflict with that day’s VQ time @ WDW…

Dining (more revenue for the parks lol) always trumps the VQ. Have lost count of how many times a GoG or Tron one coincided for us @ WDW, including a trip early July.

Policy @ WDW is to get a copy of the receipt that indicates you were indeed dining @ your assigned time and present it to CM @ the attraction.

However, I’d be sure to ask @ DL GS to be sure they also follow this policy.

What has been the wait time once your group is called you arrive at the attraction?
Took me about 10 mins to check in and get inside the strechingroom

The little line area they made was full but still was pretty quick

I know its annoying for someone you can't ride this more then once but 10 mins for HMH is a great time, really can't be beat.

They are allowing people to come back whenever. So just eat and then go. They aren’t asking about lateness at all.

They are allowing people to come back whenever. So just eat and then go. They aren’t asking about lateness at all.
Just be aware that this could change with or without notice at anytime. I expect they may become more "strict" about return times as we get into the holiday seasons and the crowds & demand increase.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest