Has Your Trip Ever Been Too Long?

We did seventeen in January. I thought it might be too long but it was fine. We did a split stay—five nights AKV and the rest BWV.

We did do work and homeschool for a few hours a day though. So not a complete break from reality for all that time.

I think that a week is plenty of time to do all you want to do. I should point out that we are rope drop, midday break, back in the evening people. Taking it easy at Disney just isn't for us because we want to maximize rides and minimize wait times. This year we are hitting the beach for a week before a week of Disney. That will be 2 full weeks of vacation, and we can't wait. Honestly, I cannot imagine staying at Disney for 2 weeks+, and I am a huge Disney fan, but different strokes for different folks. Instead of just hanging out at the pools at the resorts, I would rather be on a real beach in Florida! ;)

Our past few trips I've always felt were just not quite long enough at seven nights or six nights. We are considering going down for 10,11 or possibly 12 nights next Christmas in two and or one bedroom units in a split stay between AKV and SSR. My questions for you, if you've ever done a longer stay, did it feel too long? Did you wish it had been shorter? Do you have any tips for longer stays?
Only from the standpoint of I get sick of eating out for 10 or so days. We eat fairly low carb/ no pastas/ lots of meat and veggies at home but give ourselves a pass on vacation. Unfortunately my insides don't like the change. By the end of the first week I am starting to get ready for 'home cooking'. The situation could easily be solved by A) not going all in with the Mickey Bars, Cronuts, and Churros and B) doing more meals in the room. Unfortunately that's not nearly as much fun. :rolleyes:

We typically leave on a Thurs/Fri and come back the following Sunday so 9-11 nights. If I am travelling with the family (I usually am) it just isn't worth the flight cost and time (5-7 hour flight) and preparation for less than that.

I've done longer split stays, on property then off with a friend or visa versa .The only bad thing about those trips is that I missed being in a DVC accommodation for part of the trip!!! Not that the timeshares we stayed in weren't beautiful, they just weren't Disney properties and that's what we've come to consider home away from home.

I'm usually hopping down there for four to six night stays between Fall, Winter and Spring months but one of these trips I'd love to do two weeks!

We did 11 nights in 2013 and my step mom and I could have stayed a couple more days but my mom was done. This year we are doing 14 days in May because we cancelled the cruise we had in the middle but we plan to take it slower and are hoping it won't seem like too long.

We had one trip that was just under a month long. Our first stop was BWV, took a 5 day break at Vero, then back to SSR. I think the break at Vero made the trip very palatable.

We did 14 nights (6 at BWV and 8 at PVB) in August and 10 nights in December. No such thing as too many nights IMO. We also don't commando the parks staying 4-5 hours in the morning and 4-5 hours at night. We also went to the water parks and the hubby and two older children hit up Oak Trail golf course a couple times. We only eat one Disney meal out a day too (usually a TS at lunch or dinner) and buy groceries for breakfast and lunch/supper.

14 days on the Disney Wonder EBPC from San Diego, CA to Galveston, TX. Other than missing our dog, I could just live on the cruise ship. Just hand me the Navigator and a menu.

6-7 nights in a studio would be my limit, we have had 10 in a 1 BR that was fine. I could do 5-6 weeks if someone has extra points we could use. :rolleyes1

We usually only get 5-6 nights. It is enough for what we want to do, but it is "go! go! go!" I always wish we could take a full day off in between each busy day to sleep in, be lazy, have a ridiculously big lunch and then take a nap, sip some wine at the resort after dinner..... I always feel "guilty" doing any of that stuff if we're there only 5-6 nights. So, I think 10-12 would be perfect! I don't know if I could make it longer than 12-14. I think I'd definitely need to at least switch resorts for that.

Just noticed this is an old thread. @DisneyRegulars Did you take your long trip? If so, how was it?

We go for two weeks in March every year. But we only do Parks one or two days. We love the pool and resorts. If we do parks more than one or two days we always feel like it’s too much. But we could stay at the resorts for a month!

Our trip in 2016 was about one day too long (two if you ask DH) - we are located about 15 hours (not including stops for eating, bathroom breaks, gas etc) from WDW by car and we always drive. So we had one night on the road on the way down, four nights at RP at US/IOA and then ten nights at YC - then we drove straight through on the way back home.

Our shortest trip to WDW was eight nights, I think and we have done a bunch of nine and ten night trips from 2007 on and then also a few days at US/IOA - I think after about 14 total nights in a hotel we were close to too much.

Too long? Never. Too many travelers, yes. 16 people - it was like herding cats.

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I'm only 2 1/2 hours away. We use DVC now more for long week-ends, every couple of months. 3-4 days I'm ready for home, were I retired, might feel differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter