Has Tony's gotten better?

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
I feel like I've seen a few random comments about a new chef at Tony's (MK). Anyone who has been there recently, have you noticed a positive change in the food? Or if you went for the first time, how did the food quality seem to you?

We had dinner there on 8/1. For the price I'd rather eat somewhere else, but I would eat there again. I had the trio and it was decent.

YES! We went in 2018 and it was meh - okay. We went about a week ago and it was wonderful. We had the fried mozzarella then my daughter had chicken alfredo she said was amazing. I had the Impossible spaghetti and meatballs and they were so good. The best part was the Chocolate-Hazelnut Budino dessert. Oh my God. I would fly to Orlando for this thing.

I already posted that we enjoyed our lunch at Tony’s a few weeks ago, but we also appreciated the attentive staff.

Initially, there was a mixup with servers so it took close to 15 minutes for someone to come to our table. We didn’t mind because we were enjoying the air conditioning. The manager came over to apologize with a free appetizer and also a free dessert. I was pleasantly surprised by how much the manager and wait staff cared that we had just a minor inconvenience.

I couldn’t say Tony’s has gotten better but to paraphrase a poster on a different “Tony’s” thread: …”if you like Olive Garden, you’ll enjoy Tony’s….”

The restaurant also has a great view of the street which is good for people watching and probably parades.

They got a new chef a year or two back and the reviews have turned around since. Most people who trash it haven't tried it in the last year or so.

We ate there on Mother's Day and it was delicious. Great service as well! I'm glad I didn't listen to the old reviews and gave it a try.

We were there is June and enjoyed it. I wouldn’t make a special trip for it, but if you’re looking for a relaxing sit down meal in MK, it’s a good choice. Seems like an especially good menu for kids.

I’ve eaten at Tony’s several times since the reopen because it’s the only TS with outdoor dining. My food has been okay at best but they do serve beer and wine. I’ve booked ADRs here for my trip next month, changed from Jungle Skipper Canteen and Be Our Guest.

I have zero plans to eat at Tony’s when this is all over.

Chicken Caesar Salad (AP July preview). The lettuce was warm, the chicken was bland and the crouton thing was soft.
82EEC0BF-908C-4250-B3B5-3C82AF42724A.jpeg

Pepperoni Pizza (January 2021) This was waaaaay under baked and very bland.
53122824-BCF8-49C8-8C5B-925C94291621.jpeg

Last edited:
I've eaten there once since reopening and several times before. I didn't notice anything too different. In general, Tony's is fine. I think it's better than Olive Garden, but it's nothing amazing. But I have also never had a terrible meal there. Overall: no change that I noticed, but still it's decent Italian.

I’ve eaten at Tony’s several times since the reopen because it’s the only TS with outdoor dining. My food has been okay at best but they do serve beer and wine. I’ve booked ADRs here for my trip next month, changed from Jungle Skipper Canteen and Be Our Guest.

I have zero plans to eat at Tony’s when this is all over.

View attachment 597354

View attachment 597351

These pics do look like "around Olive Garden" quality food...

I feel like I've seen a few random comments about a new chef at Tony's (MK). Anyone who has been there recently, have you noticed a positive change in the food? Or if you went for the first time, how did the food quality seem to you?

We haven't been since March 2019, but we have been dining there for a couple of years prior. We have always stayed away from Tony's due to the bad reviews. However, we decided to give it a try, and it was really good! The food was excellent and the service was great. We had spaghetti and meatballs and chicken parm with bread service. They wre both excellent.
I asked the server about the food and he said they had recently gotten a new chef and they were getting great reviews from guests. So, the chef seems to have made all the difference, and I would not hesitate to book Tony's again.

I ate at Tony's a few months back. I hadn't eaten there in years due to poor past experiences. This time I had a pizza and a beer and it was adequate (an improvement) . If there was a reason to be in the area I'd try the pizza again, but I wouldn't make Tony's a priority.

We went in March during Spring Break . And it's on our list for our upcoming trip in October. My teenager loves Italian food. When we went in March we had the fried mozzarella appetizer and shared a pizza and still had leftovers. The spaghetti and meatball looked so good that we decided to go back next time. We eat our table service at lunch before our afternoon break so we brings our leftovers back to the hotel and eat them as snacks.

I've eaten there once since reopening and several times before. I didn't notice anything too different. In general, Tony's is fine. I think it's better than Olive Garden, but it's nothing amazing. But I have also never had a terrible meal there. Overall: no change that I noticed, but still it's decent Italian.

We finally ate there last December so we could sit down and have a mask break. 100% agree with what you said. It was fine, nothing spectacular, but not bad.

After 2 bad meals, it can't get worse. As many had previously noted, the red sauce was gross.

With such a great location, hoping it has improved with the new head chef.
To be fair, we have not tried it since the new chef took over. Based on our previous experience, it can only get better. Hoping it has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter