Has GAC changed since 2002?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hello ~ My dd was granted a wish from Make-A-Wish in 1998. As a result she got a badge and a GAC. I brought the badge and '98 GAC back in 2001 and got the same GAC. In 2002 we went back to WDW. I asked for the same GAC ~ at first I was told, "No." But I questioned the CM and showed all the documents again. She did allow the same GAC in the end. Last week my dd was diagnosed with a new disease [related to her complex heart disease]. So we are planning another trip to WDW. Do you think I'll have trouble getting the same GAC? Thanks, Sandra

If you are asking about the "Front of the line or backdoor GAC" that is given to WISH kids on their wish trip, chances are you won't get exactly that. Those are given pretty much only to people actually on Make a Wish trips or those who are on life support machines and have limited amounts of time they can spend before their batteries need to be recharged.
Go to Guest Services with her old GAC and explain her needs. The old GAC is helpful so they can see what was given before.

The concept of the Guest Assistance Pass is the same today as it was in 2002. But a more concerted effort is being made to prevent people from using the GAC to shorten wait times or avoid waiting to ride (except for MAW guests) and also cope with the tighter Federal restrictions on the kinds of questions guests may be asked.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I'd explain your daughter's limitations and what her needs are, but not expect the same card you were given for her MAW trip. Those are really for MAW only and not to be "renewed" since a MAW trip is supposed to be once in a lifetime per child. Things have changed greatly anyway since the inception of fastpass and so should make your trip go much more smoothly.
Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter