has anyone heard from DA...?

If I remember right, back in June when she wasnm't posting, she said she had computer trouble then. I think she bought a new computer then.?? She was going to the Disney Store 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for my 2nd quarter prize.

If she can contact Barb by email then why couldn't she put something on the boards.
I'm sorry I am not clicking anymore till I get my DD from the second quarter that were supposed to be sent almost a month ago!!

Thanks Mal for the info!

I jusr find it to be amazing that there is ALWAYS some sort of crisis going on in her life. Sorry if I sound unsympathetic, but if the rewards for 2nd quarter had been sent in JULY like they were supposed to be, then there would not be the added stress of not having sent them out by DECEMBER when all this stuff has hit the fan.

I view rewards sites as businesses, not my next best friends. It is a business relationship between myself and the website owners. I click, I purchase and I do signups. They get paid and in return, I get a little something back as well. If they don't get paid and cannot pay me, they go under and that's it. I get angry and bitter but I survive and move on.

What really gets to me are the people on the DizAwards boards who keep telling everyone else to be patient and wait. I've been patient. I have waited. And now I'm fed up. They can keep clicking away if they want and earn all the useless points that their heart's desire. Unless I see my reward in my hands, I'm not doing anything else on that site.

I haven't said anything for a long while...simply because I don't have anything nice to say. I am in the same boat as the rest of you- frustrated & waiting to see what will happen. I did stop by the site today (to read the forums) and saw that "this site is under construction"...maybe there are signs of life after all. I just don't think Kris realizes that you can't have a functioning site unless there are members who are actively participating (and most of us have stopped until people start getting paid).

mal I have to correct you check Kris message on DIZ BIZ of 9/21/02

We will be selecting DA representatives and we will only choose 50. So the 1st 50 people who contact me and pass their pop quiz will become DA reps. I will be asking 3 questions that may be asked by current or new members. You will need to answer all 3 questions successfully. You will be able to choose a category you are most comfortable with. Like "Visit sites, Posting, Ebaying, Searches, Purchases, Sign ups" etc. With 50 DA reps each answered response will earn you 5 points. These points will automatically be added to your account when a response is sent.

So yes she was going to hire people to get points to answer peoples e mails

Carol

Just popped over to DA to see if my missing points were replaced ... Nothing there yet :p ... But the front page and a lot of the other pages have changed...

Carol

yes Carol that is true that they are to receive points but I do not called that being paid.And I was picked for one of those rep " jobs" and have not heard anything from Kris about it since, that was weeks ago.

I have read Kris' update on DA and I hope that she can see a cloud parting soon and get everything back to normal.

Maybe without the stress of the turmoil at home she can get it all together and done soon.

Mal

As for my account -- I was sent an email in July stating that I was eligible to cash out. It also contained my point total, the prize list and how to respond. I did respond, right away as a matter of fact. I never once heard back. All my emails and IM's went unresponded to. I decided to not click anymore until I got an answer. I did however, go to the site often and got pop-ups, lots of them. As another poster here pointed out -- those generate income. I am among those who lost points, about 5 or 600 of them. I posted in the right place to indicate I had lost them. To this day, almost 5 months after getting the 2nd quarter cash out email -- I have never received a prize, my lost points or an answer to any of my emails or IM. I am on the list of the ones she was going to be contacting personally ... still waiting. If I even read that one person got paid from the 3rd quarter I will lose it.

I understand that people have personal problems that need taken care ... we all do. I myself have had several very personal issues to deal with this year. I keep hoping 2003 will be better. However, I kept my end of the deal by checking in, posting when required, not airing DA dirty laundry on these boards, generating income for DA ... etc.

I also feel, as mentioned in another post, take care of old business first. I'm sure it's in a post somewhere as to why things are changing again, I just can't remember now. The last change caused several people to lose points who never got them back. How many points will be lost with this change? And how can you prove what you had before? It's your word against hers.

Accept it or not, this is a pattern with DA. She disappears, the "community" she wants created complains, she shows up then with a post (usually snippy) and says my life is not going well right now, please be patient, can't say anymore than that and we DA'ers roll over and say okay. We forgive you ... until next time. How many times can this happen before she starts losing members?

So, do I sound snippy? Yes, I do and I apologize. But I'm tired of empty promises. Not even promises really. I really do wish the best for Kris. Life is full of challenges and it can get to be overwhelming.

Off my soapbox now.

dznydreaming,

You took the words right out of my mouth. For a long time, I have been sitting on my hands simply because she owes me money. Well, you know what? I don't think she will ever send he disney dollars, I think there will always be an excuse as to why the site isn't working properly, why the mail is running slow (hello, does she think we are too stupid to check postmarks and find out when she actually mailed the stuff??) and there will always be a crisis in her life.

And now her mother is hosting a pampered chef party that we can get disney dollars if we order?? Hello, why not send what you owe instead of trying to get more money from us? Also, where the hell are the shakes? I made a purchase OVER $200 on the condition that I would get a shake for each $15.. where is it?

I too have problems going on in my life, but I still make good to those that are depending on me.

I never thought my post would get such a response!!! but then the way things were going I figured maybe it would!!

anyway its funny cause I posted the same post on the DA boards and most of the response were give her time patience and the like so I thought it was just me so when I posted here there were complete opposite responses more of along the lines how I felt

Thanks for all the responses maybe things will get turned around and back to normal?!!:rolleyes:

Dznypal,

I personally think a lot of people won't say anything against her simply because she has their rewards.

I have refrained from saying stuff just because I haven't recieved my 2nd or 3rd DD.
I am tired of the excuses too. It's business and should be run as one. At least she should be posting more often than she has.
The trust has been broken now.

I have not participated in DA, but I'm seeing the same pattern here that has happened with many other rewards sites over the past several years.

Those of you who are owed Disney Dollars (which are a "cash equivalent," since they are exchangable 1-for-1 with US dollars) should seriously consider filing a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC), which is connected with the FBI. Here's a link: http://www.ifccfbi.gov

I filed a complaint against Silverclicks in June 2001 because I had paid $9.62 in "postage" fees for Disney Dollars that were never sent out. Silverclicks (after a really long delay) had told me they no longer had any DD, and recredited my points. (Which were then useless to me, since there was nothing else I wanted to spend them on, but that's another matter.)

They never sent my postage back, despite repeated requests. I felt a little silly filing a complaint over that amount of money, but I went ahead with it because I felt sure lots of people had been ripped off, and I hoped there would at least be a record that the owner was engaging in a pattern of behavior. I never expected to see a nickel of the money.

To my shock, although Silverclicks has long been out of business and has supposedly been sold to another company, a detective found the former owner and just today informed me that he is going to pay me the postage!

The point is, if no one complains, the people who run these sites will keep ripping off the public. If the IFCC gets a bunch of complaints about DA, it's possible that she will quit giving excuses and instead hold up her end of the bargain.

Just my .02

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I agree with Mary, you guys should file a complaint. I registered with DA months ago and clicked faithfully for about a month or so. I don't remember when it was, early in the summer maybe, she started threatening to delete accounts if members accepted points without posting to the forums. I remember that I thought her rules sounded ridiculously picky and difficult to understand and she appeared to be on some kind of power trip or something threatening to delete accounts and all. I decided she didn't sound very competent or trustworthy and her site wasn't worth my effort and I have not been back. I'm Sorry to hear that she has let down a whole bunch of people that were faithful and trusted her to follow through on her promises. You all do have a legitimate complaint, she probably has been paid by her advertisers

I have to agree in that posts on the DA board itself will be biased and in favor of Kris. Nobody is going to say anything seriously negative when their points are being held hostage. We worked for our points and we don't want them mysteriously lost, again. I think on this board, which by the way I previously read in a post from Kris not to post on concerning Da, you will get a fairer representation of opinions.

As for not being told to not post on this board about DA -- I had read quite some time ago (possibly a year ago) to basically keep DA troubles in house. We should work them out with Kris. Fair enough if she was holding up to that. However, if she is not holding up her end then just like Blink, Milesource, Suzykats and all, people deserve to hear both sides -- good or bad -- and make their own choice as to signing up.

As for reporting her, I think I will take that step. Sorry if that offends but in 5 months every single email has gone unanswered. I have even seen her online and IM'ed her and those went unanswered or on one occasion I was IM'ed "This isn't Kris". At this point I have already lost nearly 600 points. I decided to give DA yet another chance and started clicking only to find the next day my 10 points earned the day before had vanished. I am still waiting for her to contact me as she posted in November. I quit. I'm sorry her personal life is awful right now, I truly am. I've had problems too but you can't keep using those for excuses to let people down. It's only a matter of time until her next crisis. How long, 3 months and then what will it be? Kinda reminds me of Klinger on M*A*S*H*, he always had a new reason why he needed a section 8.

I'll keep you posted as to what happens with the report.

I'm glad there are other people who feel the same way as I do. I hadn't said anything negative about DA because she had our points. Now, I'm thinking that I'm not going to get my missing points or Disney Dollars back.

FoodLover, I had never thought of that as fraud. I had no idea that you could file complaints with the authorities. I wonder if they'll accept complaints from non-US citizens.

I'll post if I get my DD soon. She said she mailed them on November 29, so they should come tomorrow. It shouldn't take longer then that. My Aunt called me from Colorado and said she received my Christmas card on Saturday, I mailed it on Thurs.

Lori

about the fact she has our points and $DD but we still earned them so we're just asking for what is ours!!!

I wonder if Kris reads this board;) thanks for all the replies we should post when we get our prizes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter