• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever used the DVC referral program?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I know 2 families, I KNOW would buy into DVC once they took the tour. They are just like us, and I know it would save them a ton of money over the years. One family has 4 kids, so they really could use a DVC interest, instead of renting two rooms.

I keep looking at the referral chart, and thinking how nice the referral money would be, especially if both families bought in the same year. I actually convinced one family to book an appointment to take the tour when they went down last November, but they got too busy, and never got to it.

Have you referred a family, and did they buy?

We referred one family who purchased. We received $200.00 Disney Dollars. Referral bonuses are allowed in some states but not in all. There used to be a list on the member site of those that allow it. Not sure if it's still there or not.

HBC

We were referred by a couple of long-time members. They got a reward; I believe they took it in the form of a discount against their yearly dues.

We are always on the lookout for new people to refer. So far, seven families have joined from our referrals. The Disney dollars come in very handy.

We've referred a number of families and so far 3 have bought- (Ok, so it was my sister, and then my sister in law and then some friends of ours!!) but those Disney Dollars are the best!!!

Macnjac87 said:
We've referred a number of families and so far 3 have bought- (Ok, so it was my sister, and then my sister in law and then some friends of ours!!) but those Disney Dollars are the best!!!

I know I have at least ONE gauranteed referral, my nephew! LOL. This kid has been in love with Disney since he was 5 years old. In April of 2004, I got my sister's family a 2 bedroom at OKW while we were on the Cruise. We then all moved over to a GV after the cruise, and my nephew was beside himself. He could not get over the two bedroom, and THEN the GV!!! Well, the only thing he could talk about was how he was going to buy into DVC as soon as he turned 21. (Feb '05)

We have to hold him back awhile. I just don't think he is financially secure enough to jump into a purchase like DVC.

This is only for those that buy through Disney, right? I have 2 families that are going to buy through resale based on our referral.

I've referred a family and waiting to hear from Disney.

I can't see NOT using this...when people buy without using a referral ....Disney gets to keep the perk and save the bucks!

lisatx04 said:
This is only for those that buy through Disney, right? I have 2 families that are going to buy through resale based on our referral.

Yes, I believe it would be just through Disney.

We were referred by a friend of mine, and he told yesterday that the money just came in. Makes me feel better that he got a little something extra because he had heavily discounted the points that he rented to us for our last trip :)

Chris

We let friends stay at OKW and they bought SSR while they were there. We got a wonderful thank-you card from DVC. WHOOPIE DOO!!! :banana: :banana:

CT doesn't allow referral fees.

Pluto4Pres said:
We let friends stay at OKW and they bought SSR while they were there. We got a wonderful thank-you card from DVC. WHOOPIE DOO!!! :banana: :banana:

CT doesn't allow referral fees.

You know, that really stinks that some states don't allow referral fees. You would think that Disney could slip 200 Disney Dollars into your room the next time you check in, as a "thank you" for visiting us. You know, so it is technically NOT a referral fee, but a "gift" from Disney for your patronage.

When we bought, I wanted to use my friend as a referral, but back in 2002, SC was not on the list of states that accept referral fees. I notice it is now. Now, THAT stinks!

We have referred two families who purchased, and we only got the thank you card too. Minnesota also does not allow it.

Referred a friend who purchased into SSR. Vermont does not allow payment however, I agree with an earlier post that it seems that something more could be done than just a letter. A dinner certificate or something would be greatly appreciated... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter