• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever rented a lift recliner chair for their resort room? Who did you use, please?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I don't even know if this is allowed. I have someone who cannot sleep in a regular bed. They need a lift recliner to get themselves out of a chair. They have no strength to do this on their own, bad shoulder issues and other problems. On top of it they are on the heavier side; so, it's not really possible to help them. A hospital bed won't help.

I'm sure I would need to remove some furniture from the resort room to do this like the table and chairs.

So, I really have two issues: Is it possible to do a medical rental someplace to get a lift recliner and will it fit into the room; since, you can't remove that much from a room. I'd be willing to do a suite or whatever that may be bigger to fit a recliner.

Anyway, has anyone ever done this? How long ago? Where did you stay? I don't care if the resort room is on property or off property.

Thanks.

The resort will work with you, removing furniture if needed. The only vendor I know of is Orlando Medical Rentals, but I haven’t really researched it so there could be others.

I don't think that something that big will fit in a value or mod room. You may have to book a DVC or deluxe.
There is only so much room .

I don't think that something that big will fit in a value or mod room. You may have to book a DVC or deluxe.
There is only so much room .
I wouldn't say that's a definite. It will depend on the size and make-up of the rest of the traveling party -- essentially if there is need for all the beds or not. A value room would obviously be tighter for moving about the room, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility, especially if the 2nd bed isn't needed. Or if a king accessible room would do.

Would one fit in the new Pop Century rooms with the murphy bed in the table position?

I don't even know if this is allowed. I have someone who cannot sleep in a regular bed. They need a lift recliner to get themselves out of a chair. They have no strength to do this on their own, bad shoulder issues and other problems. On top of it they are on the heavier side; so, it's not really possible to help them. A hospital bed won't help.

I'm sure I would need to remove some furniture from the resort room to do this like the table and chairs.

So, I really have two issues: Is it possible to do a medical rental someplace to get a lift recliner and will it fit into the room; since, you can't remove that much from a room. I'd be willing to do a suite or whatever that may be bigger to fit a recliner.

Anyway, has anyone ever done this? How long ago? Where did you stay? I don't care if the resort room is on property or off property.

Thanks.

@Bete, check this page for some information that may be helpful:

Guest Health Care Services Presented by AdventHealth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter