Has anyone ever cancelled a reservation using transferred points?

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
Question and probably completely wishful thinking ---

You know how transferred points, unless they are the same resort/UY, do not show up for online booking. Only call-in reservations.

Well no chance that IT has missed the issue on cancellation, is there? And that somehow the computer will put them in seen points, available for online booking, somehow when cancelled?

Just hoping that maybe IT has screwed up somehow! :rotfl2:

Probably not as they can't go into a resort pool, and different UY, that you don't own. ARGH!

I would use transferred points on a regular basis if we could use them for online bookings. Makes me bitter. :laughing:

If you are asking if transferred points (that don't match your resort & use year) ever show up in your online account after you cancel a reservation that used them, the answer is no. AFAIK, the system was altered several years ago due to the "morphing" issue. If your account doesn't have a "bucket" that matches the resort & use year of the transferred points, there is no place for those points to go. My understanding (which may be technically incorrect) is that the points go into some type of "note" field that is visible to MS but not to us.

I'm assuming you want to cancel and re-book yourself - but that is not going to be possible with transferred points. You'll have to call MS. Sorry. I know that is both a pain and a worry. Went through it myself with OTU points. Hope it works out for you.

If you are asking if transferred points (that don't match your resort & use year) ever show up in your online account after you cancel a reservation that used them, the answer is no. AFAIK, the system was altered several years ago due to the "morphing" issue. If your account doesn't have a "bucket" that matches the resort & use year of the transferred points, there is no place for those points to go. My understanding (which may be technically incorrect) is that the points go into some type of "note" field that is visible to MS but not to us.

I'm assuming you want to cancel and re-book yourself - but that is not going to be possible with transferred points. You'll have to call MS. Sorry. I know that is both a pain and a worry. Went through it myself with OTU points. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks so much Carol. That is exactly what I thought.

I was actually trying to accomplish something behind the scenes. Wishful thinking on my part that there might be some sort of glitch in the system.

I have cancelled/modified reservations that had used transferred points and they definitely did not show up in my account to where I could view. Unfortunately, that is not a method to work-around the issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter