Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Echo1_zps66a6cead.jpg

Echo2_zps9bd80f29.jpg

Mine is Cheshire cat- which will go well with my 2 (!) Cheshire cat shirts on our trip. I guess I know what colors I'm getting for my mani-pedi tomorrow. Heh. I used purple, yellow, white, and black nail art pens and dark pink polish with matte topcoat. I put matte topcoat over dh's Darth Maul band also. Looking back I think that the PotC would have looked better with matte as well. Ah well. If we get new bands for APs then I'll re-do them.

The completed set.
In order of me & dh (freehand), then DS-4y, DD-1y, DD-9y (tattoos for kids)
168a6685-c25e-4907-b3c4-f18b29a45da5_zpscc421a37.jpg

This is my jungle themed pink band. I used acrylic paints and two coats of acrylic sealer. I may put one more coat on. I tried to scratch it with my fingernail a little and it seems pretty good, but I'm sure I could scratch it with something if I really tried.

This is my jungle themed pink band. I used acrylic paints and two coats of acrylic sealer. I may put one more coat on. I tried to scratch it with my fingernail a little and it seems pretty good, but I'm sure I could scratch it with something if I really tried. http://s345.photobucket.com/user/PinkBudgie28/media/IMG_7037_zpsf99b44f4.jpg.html http://s345.photobucket.com/user/PinkBudgie28/media/IMG_7035_zpsce625b71.jpg.html http://s345.photobucket.com/user/PinkBudgie28/media/IMG_7034_zps1905a326.jpg.html

I'm in love with this!! So beautiful! Looks like a Vera Bradley bag! And love that you use acrylic, that's what I want to do too! No base coat then?

I'm in love with this!! So beautiful! Looks like a Vera Bradley bag! And love that you use acrylic, that's what I want to do too! No base coat then?

No base coat. I'll report how it holds up after two weeks in the parks. But it seems like it will work.

Wow! I am so not worthy of the artistic abilities on here! Still not sure which route I want to go, but great work to all those who've posted!! It's helping me get some ideas :)

Finished our Magic Bands! 12 days to go!

You did an awesome job! Just gotta throw it out there that this is my daughter and she is going to make me a Mickey one like this the next time I go. Gotta love it!

BTW...she is also doing nails to match. Can't wait to see how cute this is!

The completed set.
In order of me & dh (freehand), then DS-4y, DD-1y, DD-9y (tattoos for kids)

This is my jungle themed pink band. I used acrylic paints and two coats of acrylic sealer. I may put one more coat on. I tried to scratch it with my fingernail a little and it seems pretty good, but I'm sure I could scratch it with something if I really tried.

These are all beautiful bands!! WOW!

(And PinkBudgie, I love the different direction you took your band - the tropic theme is right up my alley!!)

You did an awesome job! Just gotta throw it out there that this is my daughter and she is going to make me a Mickey one like this the next time I go. Gotta love it! BTW...she is also doing nails to match. Can't wait to see how cute this is!

Awww thanks...even of you are a little partial. :)

You did an awesome job! Just gotta throw it out there that this is my daughter and she is going to make me a Mickey one like this the next time I go. Gotta love it!

BTW...she is also doing nails to match. Can't wait to see how cute this is!
I really like that Mickey one! Lucky you! I want to do my nails to match my band if I have time.

These are all beautiful bands!! WOW!

(And PinkBudgie, I love the different direction you took your band - the tropic theme is right up my alley!!)
Thank you. My preschool classroom is decorated in a jungle theme. I love bright jungle colors!

Here are the bands from the drying rack, may try for a better close-up.

ThumbMagicBands2014.jpg

Left to right- ToyStory Alien, Incrediband, Jeweled Mine Train with Apple, Tigger inspired, Purple Band with Blue Mickey Head, And Smee Band.

With all of the wonderful ideas on here, I am glad that I have a couple of years to figure out what I want to do. I will be doing 5 of them (or maybe 4).
Thanks for all the ideas.

Left to right- ToyStory Alien, Incrediband, eweled Mine Train with Apple, Tigger inspired, Purple Band with Blue Mickey Head, And Smee Band.

I love the Mine Train Apple one! Very nice. I also had been thinking that TS alien would be fun for a green band.

No base coat. I'll report how it holds up after two weeks in the parks. But it seems like it will work.

AWESOME! Thanks, that'd be great to know!

ThumbMagicBands2014.jpg

Left to right- ToyStory Alien, Incrediband, Jeweled Mine Train with Apple, Tigger inspired, Purple Band with Blue Mickey Head, And Smee Band.

Love it! My family all picked what theme they want their bands already and my hubby wants the Toys Story Alien as well! :rotfl:

Looking at all of these posts, I feel very unimaginative. I was thinking of finding a way to put lace over mine, like maybe with Modge Podge or clear acrylic spray to make the lace adhere. That's about as far as my imagination goes though.:upsidedow

Love all these ideas. Cant wait til our MB's come. I do have to say using the nailpolish gives me the giggles something fierce. When i was in high school Doc Martens in all sorts of colors where THE shoes to have but my mom couldn't/wouldn't buy them. So i spent hours painting my black combat boots with nail polish to make my own custom shoes. They wheren't Docs but everyone loved them an I had fun. Guess i was in training for Magic Band prep.

Back to the real "World" September 25th-October 2nd at AKL

Mine is Cheshire cat- which will go well with my 2 (!) Cheshire cat shirts on our trip. I guess I know what colors I'm getting for my mani-pedi tomorrow. Heh. I used purple, yellow, white, and black nail art pens and dark pink polish with matte topcoat. I put matte topcoat over dh's Darth Maul band also. Looking back I think that the PotC would have looked better with matte as well. Ah well. If we get new bands for APs then I'll re-do them. The completed set. In order of me & dh (freehand), then DS-4y, DD-1y, DD-9y (tattoos for kids)

Where did you get the tattoos and did you cover all your tattooed ones with top coat? Love these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter