Harry Potter's biggest fans plan a Disney trip and hope the timing is RIGHT!!

I'm here Tessa .. we were gutted HP wasn't open for us, guess we just have to plan the next trip .. It WILL be open for you!!
Got some fab pics of it though .. and walked throughg parts they're working on whilst queuing for Duelling Dragons!

Thanks Erin,

here's hoping!!!!

We're getting towards an actual plan now..........

Still to do - book the National Express coach to Gatwick.. get tickets for MNSSHP

Waiting for the park times to come out and the Tour guide Mike busy days for October.... then those gaps will be filled.....

Thurs 14th Oct : Do online check in, travel to Gatwick, stay in Hilton overnight
Fri 15th: fly to the magic...Pick up villa keys, sleep
sat 16th:
Sun17th: mmm maybe MNSSHP
Mon18th:
Tue19th: or maybe MNSSHP
Wed20th:
Thu21st:
Fri22nd: prebooked Crystal River/Homosassa State wildlife park excursion
ALL day inc breakfast and lunch.

Sat23rd:

Sun24th: Universal -Royal Pacific 1 night - Book in about 8am for the FOTL passes. Go to IOA
Mon 25th: Go to IOA/US parks all day then back to villa
Tue26th:
Wed27th:
Thu28th:
Fri29th: do a park early MK probably - fly home on late eve flight
Sat30th: fly back, coach home.
Sun: sleep
Mon: school -arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... with jet lag....

Still to fit in....

The Disney parks
A water park
Kennedy Space centre - touch the moon.....
Beach (perhaps......)
SHOPPING!
maybe some other fun lazy day stuff - mini golf? gatorland? DTD?

I see a plan emerging from the mists.....
Tessa

Definitely shopping and definitely DTD hahah ooh we loved Gatorland when we went and they have done it up since then due to a fire not long after we were there! Have you done the Space Centre before? Water Park try Aquatica, that was the one we wanted but unfortunately the weather was not quite that kind to us

Plans look good so far! Tomorrow starts a new month. Hope time flies by for you until it's time to go and then creeps by while you're on vacation. :)

Lisa

sorry......posted again cause I didn't see the first one and then it magically appeared! Hmmmm, funny how things are appearing and disappearing on here. Tessa, you been practicing with those wands?...LOL

Lisa

Hi Tessa!

With so much new info out on HP at Universal the excitement must be growing at your house! How is the planning going?

Hi Lisa:yay::yay::yay: that's how the planning is going!!

The WDW October hours came out today, so have some extra ammunition for planning. Spending lots of time looking at calendars, but need to hold back for tour guide Mike and his least busy days guide for October.

Am really happy they finally announced the official opening date for HP - 18th June. Should hopefully be "bug-fixed" by the time we get there. Staying overnight at the Royal Pacific Resort to get the FOTL privileges.

Had confirmation today of our stay in the airport Hilton before we travel - we used our grocery store loyalty scheme to effectively get a £200 room for £50 - our voucher came through today with the full booking confirmation - one less thing to worry about.

Also had a phone call from Universal Orlando as we added "pet free area" to our booking - DD9 is allergic to hairy animals!! They did this and I complimented the lady in my feedback form - they rang to make me aware that my feedback will be passed to her and to her line manager as they like to pass the positive as well as the negative:goodvibes. Nice... made me feel good that I'd bothered to do the feedback.

Anyhow - need to go get the girls from their school disco.... they are going to be tired little bunnies.....

Tessa

Awesome discount on the room at the Hilton, way to go! :cool1: No doubt they appreciated your positive feedback. Do they allow pets in the rooms at Universal? We are thinking about going in either Sept. or Jan. and I would never have thought to mention a "pet free area". I can't wait to see the videos that will start popping up on youtube when these rides open. I am a sissy when it comes to anything that goes very fast or very high so I would rather know than not know what the castle ride will be like.

do you find tour guide mike really good?

i'm too scared to check any more busy day guides becaude my ADR's are booked and i'd only betorturing myself but might be useful for next trip? i've been using the unofficial guide's touring plans website...

have heard so many stories about the new HP ride...probably the most interesting one is that the queue itself and the forbidden journey ride (not including time actually waiting) is going to be one full hour!!!:wizard:

Yes - I love TGM - the busy days guide was SPOT ON for our April holiday - so few lines it was amazing - others were there at the same time (without TGM) and said how busy it was....:confused3

However........ I wouldn't have any opinion other than the norm if you post on the forums - they can be quite vicious!!!!

Tessa

OK - haven't updated for a while - so here's the biggest news - we got approval from the school , for us to take the kids out in term time!!!!! After all the worries - all I put on the form was "family trip to the US" and approval was given straight away.... :woohoo:

Have also booked our bus tickets from home to Gatwick - costs less than parking our car there, and don't have to drive with jet-lag!!!

Tessa

Woo Hoo! Good for you! Nice progress you're making. :banana: The days are ticking along and by Saturday you'll have another month behind you.

Hi Tessa,
I'm seeing lots of new pics of HP at Universal. Lots of new articles out too. I did catch a glimpse of the magical bench for the Forbidden Journey ride. They showed a quick shot of it while some of the stars from the movie were there touring. Can't wait til video starts to pop up on youtbue! You all must be getting more excited every time something new is shown!

Hiya all,

Lisa - I saw the video promo stuff - signed up for the Universal Haarry Potter updates.... Isn't it looking great!!!! We are sooooooooo looking forward to it - and to the trip reports of those going in the next few weeks..... feeding the frenzy...

We were sent a "prize" too - I entered a draw about 10 months ago!!!! - it is a WWoHP promo mouse mat and a couple of promotional postcards for the Half blood Prince - ones that give a 3 d multi layered effect.... really nice.

We booked our MNSSHP tickets too - going on a Tuesday - not the best day to go, or so they say, but the one that fitted best for us - so that is the final thing on the to do list before we go... all boxes currently ticked!

Tessa

Congrats on the prize! :cheer2: I agree, it is looking great. I can't wait to see more. I read today that the people that booked that special promo will get to go in starting the end of this week. Will definitely be on the lookout for pics and videos!

LOVE MNSSHP! We had such a good time when we went. I don't remember what day of the week it was tho. Are you all going to dress up? If so, what will everyone be? I just bought a Disney Halloween shirt while I was there and that was what I wore. I wish they still had the Pirate and Princess parties, those were fun too. I did enjoy trick-or-treating, it was nice to be a kid again. :) It seems like May went by fast. The days will be flying by for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter