Harry Potter Day with Kids

moto_57

Earning My Ears
Hello! We will be visiting Universal Orlando for four days, 10/31-11/3. Two adults and two kids who will want to do everything there is to do HP. We plan to do one full day of all things HP with no real concern of getting all rides in if they are long waits since we have plenty of time in the parks (two days we will also have Express Pass). My question is - would Halloween be a "bad" day for any reason to do the full HP day? Is there any reason to not do the full HP experience our first day? Any additional tips on itinerary or anything else are welcome!

Your days will all be during HHN, so Studios will close at 5pm daily. If you want to do the Hogwarts Express from Studios to Islands, DON'T plan on doing it after 3pm - the line gets crazy long. Really any time after 1pm is iffy.

The least crowded times to do everything will be first thing in the morning and in the evening. I'd probably suggest starting in Studios / Diagon Alley for the low crowds there. You should be able to do Ollivander's in the morning with little wait, get your wand(s) and explore Diagon Alley / do spells. This is also a time to get some Florean Fortescue's ice cream with no line. However, I tend to deal with the ice cream line later then take the ice cream over to watch Tales of Beedle the Bard, it makes for a nice snack & show. The ice cream is well worth a wait.

Don't forget to explore the areas outside Diagon Alley - the Knight Bus (chat with the conductor, he's great!), the phone booth, and Grimmauld Place.

Take a look at the menus for the 2 restaurants, Three Broomsticks & Leaky Cauldron, to figure out which menu appeals more. Plan an early lunch at Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley, or a late lunch/dinner at Three Broomsticks. Or both ;). If you're only eating in one, you can still wander into the other to take a look around - and you should definitely head into Hogs Head pub either way. Hogs Head is also a good place to get a Butterbeer...

If the line for the Hogwarts Express is terrible when you're leaving, just walk between the parks. You can do the train on one of your express days - or grab an ice cream to sweeten the wait.

You can also hang out after park close in Islands (not in Studios on HHN nights). The spells will be available and normally the evening Hogwarts light show goes on after park close too. It's a good opportunity to enjoy Hogsmeade with the lowest possible crowds, and it's very pretty at night. You will not be able to go in any stores but can enjoy the theming & do spells as long as people are still coming off Hagrids. They will have all the holiday lights up in Hogsmeade by Halloween.

Remember Hagrids doesn't accept Express - this would be a good ride to do mid-day on Halloween ("typical lunch time" has some of the shortest lines of the day, if you're not doing early entry and/or hopping in line right before park close).

Given the way Halloween plays into the HP story, I think it would be especially appropriate to have that be your HP day.

Your days will all be during HHN, so Studios will close at 5pm daily. If you want to do the Hogwarts Express from Studios to Islands, DON'T plan on doing it after 3pm - the line gets crazy long. Really any time after 1pm is iffy.

Definitely listen to this advice!! The line for the train is absolutely bonkers on HHN afternoons.

Hello! We will be visiting Universal Orlando for four days, 10/31-11/3. Two adults and two kids who will want to do everything there is to do HP. We plan to do one full day of all things HP with no real concern of getting all rides in if they are long waits since we have plenty of time in the parks (two days we will also have Express Pass). My question is - would Halloween be a "bad" day for any reason to do the full HP day? Is there any reason to not do the full HP experience our first day? Any additional tips on itinerary or anything else are welcome!
During the actual HHN event, Death Eaters roam around Diagon Alley. We were recently there for HHN and noticed before park close to the general public, they were roaming around in that area around 4:00 or so. I will say though, that there is no set schedule for the Death Eaters and their appearance is not guaranteed especially prior to regular park closing but worth a shot if interested.

IMG_3433.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest