• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Some of the movies I agree with. Some, I think made it onto the list due to the major stars or the location in them. :upsidedow

But, then, maybe I just have "normal" Hallmark taste. One year, I did their March Madness contest on their website. It was picking and pairing down movies the same way sports teams are paired down to get a winner. They let you enter about 6 times. I barely made it past the first set of brackets, as my choices were so different than what was ultimately chosen.

Anyone else play Hallmark's March Madness contest?

I can’t stand the Christmas/wedding at Graceland movies. I live in Memphis and we watched just to laugh at how bad an inaccurate it was. We don’t get snow. If you want an ice rink you drive south into Mississippi. Plus who’s going to walk around in heals and a sleeveless dress in supposed snow and ice? I moved to Memphis from the snowy PNW (where it’s snowing this weekend), and laughed at her outfit in the cold. The thick snow at homes in Memphis left ya shaking our heads.

This afternoon my SIL, mom, and I were talking about the actresses we really like. One is a blond who played a photographer in a movie this afternoon. We all think she’s adorable. My husband made the mistake of asking what we were talking about,Althiugh he did have me look up an actor playing a fireman. His comment “I think he played Superman in something”.

I have a friend who was an extra in the Kirsten Chenowith movie when it was filmed locally last year. I still haven't watched the entire movie. :rolleyes1 I do enjoy watching most of the movies though.

Great thread! I also so enjoy Hallmark Christmas movies. I just finished watching (DVR-ed on Lifetime a couple days ago) A Very Vintage Christmas from last year. Cheesy but touching. My only complaint was that the recording cut off before the movie ended completely. Could anyone who did watch this in full PM me please, I have a quick question but don't want to give away any spoilers for someone who may have also DVR-ed and not yet watched. Thank you.

I can’t stand the Christmas/wedding at Graceland movies. I live in Memphis and we watched just to laugh at how bad an inaccurate it was. We don’t get snow. If you want an ice rink you drive south into Mississippi. Plus who’s going to walk around in heals and a sleeveless dress in supposed snow and ice? I moved to Memphis from the snowy PNW (where it’s snowing this weekend), and laughed at her outfit in the cold. The thick snow at homes in Memphis left ya shaking our heads.

This afternoon my SIL, mom, and I were talking about the actresses we really like. One is a blond who played a photographer in a movie this afternoon. We all think she’s adorable. My husband made the mistake of asking what we were talking about,Althiugh he did have me look up an actor playing a fireman. His comment “I think he played Superman in something”.

That's how I felt about the dollywood movie, part of it was realistic but the other part was so fake. Pigeon forge streets itself aren't even like that...and snow in tennessee?? what's that!? :rotfl2::rotfl:

I just finished watching (DVR-ed on Lifetime a couple days ago) A Very Vintage Christmas from last year. Cheesy but touching. My only complaint was that the recording cut off before the movie ended completely.

Oh yes! Maybe I should I just posted this as a warning in the OP. Always add on an extra minute of record time to the end of Lifetime movies as the movies cut off about a minute early. The second hand on their channel's clock seems to be set at a different time than most other channels.

As for the movie, I only watched it once and a year ago. Sorry.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed that, Imzadi. Thank you for posting that warning! How do you add just one extra minute without recording the following whole movie?

It's so fun to make fun of these movies. While at the same time, my life stops whenever Christmas Under Wraps comes on. For me, it is the gold standard of Hallmark Christmas movies!

Sorry I missed that, Imzadi. Thank you for posting that warning! How do you add just one extra minute without recording the following whole movie?

Do you have Spectrum Cable? When you click the Record button or the Select button, it will say Record Show. Usually on the next screen, it will ask if you want to record it. and we usally just click yes. But, there is also a tab at the bottom for "Adjust End Time."

Alternately, look for a tab that says "Record Options." Click on that it will bring you to the same page where you can adjust the end time.

Tab down to "Adjust End Time." Where it now says "Original End Time" click the right arrow button once. (The one next to the Select button.) It will then read "End 1 min later."

Tab back up to the "Yes" button, where it says Save Changes. Done. :)

If you need more help or have a different system, let me know. There's nothing worse than missing that LAST minute.
Gah.gif

You can add on the Hallmark Channels onto SlingTV.

A PP posted about Friendly TV, which sounds promising if it's any good. It's $5.99 per month though, not 3 months.

https://www.frndlytv.com/
I'm so disappointed. :laughing: I could've swore I've seen it for 3 months. Maybe it was a special and I missed it. :confused3 What a bummer....but I'll probably still pay for it, though. LoL I'm doing the free 7 day trial right now. They do have an on demand feature so I'm going to watch the new movies from the weekend tonight.

And I have a mug my boss gave me for Christmas. :laughing:

WARNING: When recording a Lifetime movie, always add on an extra minute of record time to the end as the movies tend to cut off about a minute early.
Okay I just checked this, haven't watched them yet, but mine are automatically recording at 2 hours and 6 mins or 2 hours and 7 minutes and I didn't adjust my DVR.. Typically my DVR automatically records 3 mins extra (usually a minute or so of the previous show/program and a minute or so of the existing program) which means an hour program will actually be 1 hours and 3 mins on average so I rarely have cut offs unless it's previews for the next episode. I should watch a Lifetime Christmas movie really soon just to be sure though.

The ION Channel usually starts it's Christmas movies Thanksgiving weekend, airing on Sundays only. It has only 4 new movies this season. See list of movies HERE.
The UPtv Channel will premiere 5 new movies this season starting Nov 1. See list of movies HERE.

Thanks for these links. I do tend to find Ion Christmas movies to be pretty blah, and Up Christmas movies to be pretty blah too but not as bad as Ion. For some reason they just don't do it for me most of the time. I put them on my calendar and then I watch how IMDb ratings come out and not going to lie if it's low (like below 5.5) I tend to just erase them. I figure if they reshow them down the road and I have the recording space and time then I can catch them at that point. I've still watched a fair number of them though. Some I've picked up watching on TubiTV which is free to stream just is ad-supported throughout the movie. They do have Christmas movies on there right now if anyone wants to browse to see if you find one you've missed in the past. They do not have Hallmark but they do have Lifetime, UP and Ion, also I *think* there is Christmas movie or two that I actually originally watched on BYU tv channel.

and.,,another Christmas movie I really like is: Heaven Sent. I think it was originally shown on Lifetime.
I LOVED that movie (it's from 2016 or so IIRC). I don't tend to cry much with movies, I mean I'll get warm and fuzzies and stuff but not actually cry. But that movie was one of the few that I actually did. To me it's a very understated movie, it's not a grand scale movie but that actually works so well for it.

Oh, this is the Christmas movie blog that I read: https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/ (trigger warning: it leans religious at times.)
I found that site probably about 4 or 5 years ago, it's amazing normally for keeping track of all the different specials and I've been able to get a head start on what movies will be shown (though titles are always up for changing names) a few months ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter