Hall of Presidents - Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to several sources, Disney requests the new president's measurements from the White House. More recent presidents have donated personal wardrobe to contribute to the authenticity.

Here is a very interesting inside look at the attraction, that was written prior to the last update:
https://www.mouseplanet.com/11267/Robobama_in_the_Hall_of_Presidents

That explains a lot. One of my first comments were the suit jacket looks big enough but it's swimming on him, looks like they missed 50 lbs. So if they made it to the measurements given ........... explains it all.

I am laughing at how many people are happy this attraction is open again so that they can take naps. It's a glowing review!

On hot or rainy days HOP is critical to good planning. Take that away and they threw a wrench in planning. Had some of my best sleeps there and American Adventure. It has all the parameters of a good nap. But that said I probably only go in once every 4-5 years unless a huge torrential storm hits while I'm close by. I don't go because I'm against reality in the Magic Kingdom and wish it were gone or moved to the American pavilion at Epcot.

The POTUS-bot looks creepier than the robots usually look...I can't remember the last time I went in to HOP though.

I have always enjoyed this attraction.

It's really sad that the respect for the office of President has slid so far. It's not about your views or your opinion, it's about the history of this great country and those who have lead it through those years.

It's heartwarming to see the crowd lined up to see it. I think last time we went there were like 5 people in the whole theater.

I have always enjoyed this attraction.

It's really sad that the respect for the office of President has slid so far. It's not about your views or your opinion, it's about the history of this great country and those who have lead it through those years.

It's heartwarming to see the crowd lined up to see it. I think last time we went there were like 5 people in the whole theater.

I kind of agree. It's a historical attraction, DT is now part our nation's history.

Between this thread and several Facebook posts I'm amazed and saddened by the number of people who can't distinguish between a Disney attraction and real life.

However, this attraction is a replica of real life (history)- the history being told and the history glossed over. Until I hear the new attraction, I'll support the possibility that Disney is weaving a tale that isn't reflected by prior real life events. Maybe it's like replacing Norway with a mythical town; doubtful, but possible I suppose. I absolutely agree that at Disney, and hopefully at our respective hometowns, we find a way to co-exist and appreciate that we have different preferences, sensibilities, thresholds and overall perceptions of the world. It would be nice to be at any Disney attraction, and just listen or at least allow each other to be mindfully present. (..or sleeping following the great tradition at cool-off, take-a-break attractions.)
Best wishes. :o

I do miss the Battle Hymn of the Republic ending. The curtain just falling is far less effective. I am trying to pinpoint the narrator as well. Viola Davis has a series on ABC so it could be her. The animatronic doesn't look right but aren't they using the new projection technology? It probably looks better in person.

Here are the DIS posting guidlines http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

If you have a question about a moderator decision:

"The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction."

I am of the opinion now that they should end giving the current office holder a "speech"...there will always be someone that will politicize it. left, right, center...doesn't matter. Let the attraction be about the history and not the issues of the day. Today we have some not liking Trump speaking there, in four or eight years, someone else will be installed and people will be upset. Let's rise above the politics and make it about honoring the office...specifically as Lincoln embodied it.

Yes, I think that would also reduce the "turn around" time when a new President is elected.

Am I remembering right or just crazy but didn't President Lincoln talk at one time years ago? Looking forward to this attraction in July and not for the nap, I love American History, the good, bad and ugly. I love how they have the presidents leaning over like they are whispering to each other, fingers moving, etc.

Am I remembering right or just crazy but didn't President Lincoln talk at one time years ago? Looking forward to this attraction in July and not for the nap, I love American History, the good, bad and ugly. I love how they have the presidents leaning over like they are whispering to each other, fingers moving, etc.

He did have a speaking part in the middle of the show

That explains a lot. One of my first comments were the suit jacket looks big enough but it's swimming on him, looks like they missed 50 lbs. So if they made it to the measurements given ........... explains it all.

I think the other issue for me is the hair...it looks too long in the back and sticking out more than Trump's does. It is hard to make a robot of a well known figure, but this one just doesn't seem to have been as accurate.

I know, nitpicking...but then I would have put him in a red tie because he wears a red one most often.

So, this post actually has me nervous. My 6-year-old is learning about presidents in school and I think she would like this. But are boos throughout the show common? I don’t know if I’m prepared to explain that to her at this young age. I would appreciate it if anyone can post personal experiences. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest