Halifax to Newark to MCO - Anything I should know?

cantwaitforwdw

Mouseketeer
On Friday we are flying Halifax to MCO with a layover in Newark. I have had a layover in Newark many years ago, but can hardly remember it...any tips, advice, places to eat. We have a 4+ hour layover so not a tight connection. Which terminal will we need to be in?

I'm sorry to say, but IMO Newark stinks. Not great food. Always feels crowded. Could be different now since we travel at holiday/summer times.

We flew Ottawa to Newark to Orlando once a few years ago. We cleared US customs in Ottawa and there was a shuttle from the terminal we landed at to the one we had next, so we didn't have to go through security in Newark. We flew United. Sorry, it's been too long I don't remember the terminals.

It would be helpful to know what airline(s). Just from my knowledge I'd hazard a guess you are Air Canada Express to Newark and United to MCO. Which makes it the most complicated. You would be arriving in terminal A and could depart from A, B or C. If you have to change terminals you will have to go landside and back through security to go airside again if you are not on a Star Alliance connection. If you are, United has their own shuttle service that keeps you airside.

It would be helpful to know what airline(s). Just from my knowledge I'd hazard a guess you are Air Canada Express to Newark and United to MCO. Which makes it the most complicated. You would be arriving in terminal A and could depart from A, B or C. If you have to change terminals you will have to go landside and back through security to go airside again if you are not on a Star Alliance connection. If you are, United has their own shuttle service that keeps you airside.
I booked united but it is an air Canada flight from Halifax to Newark. United from Newark to Orlando.

you'll be fine;it's all star alliance.No other security to go through,but you will change terminals.From Ottawa,I prefer the United flight through newark or any other U.S connection over AC or westjet through yyz or yul,unless there's a non-stop of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter