Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Love walking around One Man's Dream! It was something we didn't do on our trip this year, but I wish we had.

I want to meet Baby Groot! So funny that your mom thought he was broken!

Those movies are really good, so you should watch them if you get the chance!

It's so nice and nostalgic in there!

Baby Groot is the cutest! I do want to sit down and watch them in their entirety soon!

We love One Man’s Dream, Andi is so worried it will get closed down. I am Groot” How cute he is, no wonder your mom loves him now.

I worry about it closing too :( Groot is just so lovable!

That salted caramel cookie looked really good!
I think it's pretty cool that you have seen the characters decked out in both their holiday and Halloween attire.

:rotfl2::rotfl: Oh my gosh, this is too funny! I never stopped to think about what would happen if someone met Groot without ever seeing the films.
It cracks me up because when we took the kids to see Star Wars last winter, Evie saw a trailer for Avengers (I think) and she started yelling, "Groot! It's Groot! I AM GROOT!" in her little 2 year old voice. He's just a character that causes a lot of amusing stories.:laughing:

Ugh I would love one of those cookies right now! I'm glad I've gotten to eat there twice, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

Hahaha well now you know! It made for a feel funny moment :rotfl: I'm glad she waited until we were out of the room to say anything!

Aww that is such a cute story about Evie!!

Awww, I love One Man's Dream - it's just such a happy place for me :goodvibes (and I'm sure lots of us here on the Dis!). And how awesome that it was so empty and you could wander freely without having to bob and weave around everyone.

I know I've said this before, but your ears are just FABULOUS!!! Halloween is one of my favorite things, so Halloween + Disney is just perfection :wizard:

Excited to hear more about your trip!

I totally agree, such a wonderful place to walk around and reflect on all the magic of Disney! It was even better to have free reign of the place!

Thank you!! Disney does Halloween SO well!

:goodvibes

Day 4, October 24, 2017 - Goodnight DHS!

After that, we headed to the Chinese Theater to find a spot for the nighttime shows.

First was Disney Movie Magic!

This was my first time seeing it and I thought it was cute! Not a must do, but a nice show to watch in passing or if you're waiting for the fireworks!

Then it was time for the Star Wars fireworks! This was my third time seeing the show but I think it has gone through some changes since the first time I saw it if I'm not mistaken. This is very projection heavy and I wish there were just a tad more fireworks!

Once the show was over, everyone awas filing out since the park was closed. We stopped to take some PP pics..which didn't come out the best but here they are anyway.

We lingered a little bit, stopped in one or two of the gift shops, and then headed to the bus.

This was a great day and probably one of my favorites of the trip! It was the perfect balance of attractions/character meets but also some down time where we didn't have to rush from place to place!

Up next...a full day at the Magic Kingdom!

At some point we also grabbed desserts. They were so cute, I had to take pics of them!

Oh my gosh, those are adorable!

My mom wanted to stop in One Man's Dream so that was our next stop. This was less than an hour before closing and the place was deserted! It was nice to have free reign to walk around and enjoy everything and the CMs were all so friendly and nice!

:love: I love it in there!

Great update. DHS was at one time our second favorite park but has been downgraded on our list since so much has closed. It's still a great park and hopefully will be even better than before very soon!

I have heard a lot of people say that the SW show is more projection-heavy. I'm sure it has something to do with location, but us Disney vets are of the Wishes-era; we like lots of fireworks in our nighttime shows. :rotfl2:

It did sound like you guys had a pretty great Disney day. You didn't seem to have to rush anywhere but still accomplished a lot in the park. :thumbsup2

It did sound like a great day!

Thank you!

I agree about the SW show, I liked it better when it was more fireworks and less projections!

Yes! Glad you agree!

Cool night photos!

Thanks!

I love this part!

It really did sound like a wonderful day from start to finish! Excited to hear about your MK day! :goodvibes

Me too! Love Mary Poppins :lovestruc

Thank you! It was jut a perfect Disney day :)

Oh my gosh, those are adorable!

:love: I love it in there!

Great update. DHS was at one time our second favorite park but has been downgraded on our list since so much has closed. It's still a great park and hopefully will be even better than before very soon!

Nothing like cute food that also tastes good!

I love walking in there and looking at the things of the past (and future!).

I still love DHS, and like you said I am sure it's going to be a crowd favorite very very soon!!

I have heard a lot of people say that the SW show is more projection-heavy. I'm sure it has something to do with location, but us Disney vets are of the Wishes-era; we like lots of fireworks in our nighttime shows. :rotfl2:

It did sound like you guys had a pretty great Disney day. You didn't seem to have to rush anywhere but still accomplished a lot in the park. :thumbsup2

YES!! :rotfl2: We want loud booms that make us go "ohhh" and "ahhh"!!

It was pretty perfect! And as much as people say there's not much to do in DHS, I disagree. We were able to take our time and do the things we really wanted to (which I loved), but if we had another hour or two I certainly could have found a few more things to do!

I'm slowly catching up and I'm reading backwards from newest to oldest post LOL.

I have to say I thought Minnie's Seasonal Dine for Halloween was awesome! We did this on Halloween day last year and we thought the food was delicious, the characters were so much fun, and I love how you get a picture with Minnie when you enter. I am a huge fan of this and we're going to do it again in September!
OMG Daisy with your dad's t-shirt is hilarious! I love that picture where she's kissing his shirt! It's so cute! I also love how she smacked the back of his shirt, hahahaha. That is too cute.
I agree the SW fireworks aren't as good as before when it was all fireworks and perfectly synchronized with the music. I really loved that. Now the projections and the fireworks are all over the place. It's still a good show but just not the same.

I love the Chewie pictures! He is the best hugger. I love your cute little plushie too!
That's great you got an extra anytime FP - more chances to ride Toy Story is :thumbsup2

I love the PP pictures with Minnie and Mickey at the fountain. I've never gotten them before. I'm sure as hell going to try come September!
You actually got some really great PP pictures that day!

Your parents are so cute! I like how they enjoyed baseline tap house! We enjoyed it too :)

That's great that One Man's Dream has the latest coming attractions models.

How awesome that there was no wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy. That is hilarious that your mom fell in love with baby Groot. Have they since seen the movie?

I have just seen the Star Wars fireworks once. Loved them. The projection show looks impressive. Good to see a montage of clips now that the GMR is no more. :(

::yes::

This is the second TR update I've read this evening that has said that the Star Wars fireworks were way too projection heavy. I wonder if it's changed since my program because I never felt that way, it was a perfect mix. I wonder what they did to my beautiful fireworks. It makes me sad.

Love all the pics and the Photopass! Looks like you ended your night on a nice calm note. :thumbsup2

I finally caught up! I turned on the watch thread for this but I don't get the notifications :confused3

I love that your mom thought Groot was broken.

I think the Star wars fireworks used to have more fireworks. I liked them better then.

Any plans in the works to return to the world?

I'm slowly catching up and I'm reading backwards from newest to oldest post LOL.

I have to say I thought Minnie's Seasonal Dine for Halloween was awesome! We did this on Halloween day last year and we thought the food was delicious, the characters were so much fun, and I love how you get a picture with Minnie when you enter. I am a huge fan of this and we're going to do it again in September!
OMG Daisy with your dad's t-shirt is hilarious! I love that picture where she's kissing his shirt! It's so cute! I also love how she smacked the back of his shirt, hahahaha. That is too cute.
I agree the SW fireworks aren't as good as before when it was all fireworks and perfectly synchronized with the music. I really loved that. Now the projections and the fireworks are all over the place. It's still a good show but just not the same.

I love the Chewie pictures! He is the best hugger. I love your cute little plushie too!
That's great you got an extra anytime FP - more chances to ride Toy Story is :thumbsup2

I love the PP pictures with Minnie and Mickey at the fountain. I've never gotten them before. I'm sure as hell going to try come September!
You actually got some really great PP pictures that day!

Your parents are so cute! I like how they enjoyed baseline tap house! We enjoyed it too :)

Minnie's Seasonal Dine is so great! I'm glad you'll be making your way there again!

I agree about the SW fireworks, still great to watch but wish they didn't change it!

Yes you must seek out those fountain magic shots- so cute!

Aww thanks :) Stopping at Baseline was such a great decision, we would definitely do it again!

That's great that One Man's Dream has the latest coming attractions models.

How awesome that there was no wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy. That is hilarious that your mom fell in love with baby Groot. Have they since seen the movie?

I have just seen the Star Wars fireworks once. Loved them. The projection show looks impressive. Good to see a montage of clips now that the GMR is no more. :(

::yes::

It was a nice visit to One Man's Dream!

I think my mom has seen bits and pieces of it since. We really need to sit down and watch them in full!

The movie projections are a nice little treat!

This is the second TR update I've read this evening that has said that the Star Wars fireworks were way too projection heavy. I wonder if it's changed since my program because I never felt that way, it was a perfect mix. I wonder what they did to my beautiful fireworks. It makes me sad.

Love all the pics and the Photopass! Looks like you ended your night on a nice calm note. :thumbsup2

I remember the first time I saw the SW fireworks in 2016 I thought they were awesome! So many cool fireworks synced to the music. This time there were barely any fireworks :confused3

Thank you! It was the perfect end to a great day!

I finally caught up! I turned on the watch thread for this but I don't get the notifications :confused3

I love that your mom thought Groot was broken.

I think the Star wars fireworks used to have more fireworks. I liked them better then.

Any plans in the works to return to the world?

Thanks for catching up!

:rotfl: Such a silly moment!

I'm glad you feel the same! I keep wondering if I'm not remembering correctly but I definitely think the show has changed!

Sigh, no :( I think this will be the first year in a while I don't make it down there. Hopefully in 2019 though!

Day 5, October 25, 2017 - Magic Kingdom!

Today we started our day early so we could make it for rope drop at Magic Kingdom! I also wanted to get there early to take advantage of them opening up Main Street an hour before park opening. We got a bus around 7:30 and were heading towards the entrance by 8am!

We spent a lot of our time just walking around and soaking in Town Square and Main Street.

Up next...The welcome show and our first ride of the day, any guesses??

Love all the pictures on Main Street! As much as I miss the welcome show on the train station, it’s so nice to be able to hang out and shop before the park opens!

Hmmm I guess Peter Pan for your first ride !

Love the pictures on Main Street, this is a plus of the new not so great welcome show! I am guessing Space Mountain???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter