Guy who filmed himself climbing Big Thunder...security risk?

mckennarose

DIS Veteran
So, while reading up on the ongoing Buzzy saga, I came across comments from people on other message boards (I'm not a member or post on them) about a youtuber who was boasting about climbing Big Thunder after park close. I found his channel and watched his videos and apparently he has been backstage in Epcot and DS and roamed around on Discovery Island a few times and also Walt's plane. He has been arrested and banned. However, this new video which apparently came out today, he somehow got into MK and filmed himself climbing around on Big Thunder.

I don't find it funny or entertaining but my bigger reaction was a very uneasy feeling about security. How in the world did this kid get into MK after close (he was banned, so he would not have been able get in the park with a ticket) and how did he get out without being seen? And whats to say that someone with the intent to harm people couldn't do the same? To plant a device on a ride or queue, God forbid. It was just very surprising to me and got me thinking. It can't be that easy, right?

Edited to add: If this post violates any board rules, please delete. I'm definitely NOT encouraging or promoting his behavior.

Well it’s definitely a risk. I don’t think someone would get away with this during the day. People who do this sort of crap are idiots in themselves and deserve to be arrested and banned from the parks.

The crazy thing to me is he has been arrested and banned before and keeps doing these things and honestly getting bolder as he is going into a still functioning ride now, even if it was after the park closed. My question is what happens if he gets hurt or dies doing something like this?

And whats to say that someone with the intent to harm people couldn't do the same? To plant a device on a ride or queue, God forbid. It was just very surprising to me and got me thinking. It can't be that easy, right?

One of my Disney World jobs was located in a high security area. We had to agree to an additional background check just to get permission to drive our personal vehicles to the location. Most of the real security involves stuff the public can not see. Any area with mechanics or computers that control attractions are under lock and key 24/7. Additionally, all rides are inspected every morning prior to opening.

My educated guess is that Disney Security knew this guy was there but the Orange County Sheriffs weren't alerted quick enough to catch him in the act. Disney Security isn't equipped to detail an individual who is trespassing. And, it would take time for the Sheriffs' officers to reach that location, as I doubt they would have anyone camped out at any theme park in the middle of the night.

Alternately, they figured out someone had trespassed when they reviewed the security recordings in the morning prior to park opening. In that scenario, the attraction would have been inspected with a fine-tooth comb prior to opening.

Nothing is 100%. But, based on my experience working in a secured area and seeing how Disney operates, I never worry about my personal safety when at a Disney theme park. (Caveat: I'm leery about the monorails. But, that's based on their age...not because I think anyone will sabotage them.)

I'm not sure how a ban would even be enforced. Sure, they won't sell a ticket to someone with that name, address and email but since they don't require ID it would be easy for someone like this to buy a ticket with a new email and fake info. Obviously he's not a rule follower to begin with.

Now if they keep the biometrics from the fingerprint scanner ... different story but I thought they have said that the biometrics are not stored for anything other than the current ticket.

I'm not sure how a ban would even be enforced. Sure, they won't sell a ticket to someone with that name, address and email but since they don't require ID it would be easy for someone like this to buy a ticket with a new email and fake info. Obviously he's not a rule follower to begin with.

Now if they keep the biometrics from the fingerprint scanner ... different story but I thought they have said that the biometrics are not stored for anything other than the current ticket.
If he's under a "no trespass" order and violates it, I imagine the courts would eventually take care of it.

I imagine if you just make sure to switch the finger you use, you are a new person. I have not been consistent with which finger I use.

If he's under a "no trespass" order and violates it, I imagine the courts would eventually take care of it.

THIS^ It's the same with sports arenas etc. It is a filed legal document, and if you get caught again you will now be arrested and prosecuted. For most people that is not worth the risk.

Last edited:
I imagine if you just make sure to switch the finger you use, you are a new person. I have not been consistent with which finger I use.

THIS^ It's the same with sports arenas etc. It is a file legal document, and if you get caught again you will now be arrested and prosecuted. For most people that is not worth the risk.

Ahhh, good point. But yes, agreed that Disney can have him prosecuted. But he has to actually get in another time (like he apparently did here) before they can do that.

I wonder if there is a way that Disney stores fingerprints of those people who were banned so they get blue when they try to get in.
I had always heard the same as you have, that they don't store fingerprints.

Disney has to be monitoring this kid's social media in some way. They were able to crack down on the personal shoppers by watching their sites. ???

THIS^ It's the same with sports arenas etc. It is a file legal document, and if you get caught again you will now be arrested and prosecuted. For most people that is not worth the risk.
Does he have to be physically caught on property to be arrested again? Or do his videos showing him on property serve as sufficient evidence that we was on property and he can be arrested?

Have you guys seen the video of the two guys from the 90s who explored Horizons for hours at a time for several months? Insane and illegal as all, but a compelling viewing for sure.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. How the heck do they allow these people to get in unscathed? Yet they got a swat team at the front of the park ready to pounce.

I think this is the video you're referring to

also here's a Discovery Island one

Does he have to be physically caught on property to be arrested again? Or do his videos showing him on property serve as sufficient evidence that we was on property and he can be arrested?
What happened with Adam the woo was he was just visiting one day when security was tight due to this being around Fallon’s opening and security recognized him.
Edit: did accidentally forget universals name here, whoops

Have you guys seen the video of the two guys from the 90s who explored Horizons for hours at a time for several months? Insane and illegal as all, but a compelling viewing for sure.
Yeah but they waited ten years and they were at least smart about how they approached it...

Anywho this was just stupid and cringeworthy. He uploaded a video a couple days ago explaining how he has been arrested twice by Disney and this is what he does? He could’ve died! Especially with the buzzy “clothes” debacle he should’ve known better

Last edited:
What happened with Adam the woo was he was just visiting one day when security was tight due to this being around Fallon’s opening and security recognized him. .....
That was Universal. I remember watching the video on it a while back. I'm pretty sure Adam was also banned from Disney at one time, but they lifted it.

The crazy thing to me is he has been arrested and banned before and keeps doing these things and honestly getting bolder as he is going into a still functioning ride now, even if it was after the park closed. My question is what happens if he gets hurt or dies doing something like this?
It’s because he has a YouTube page and he gets traffic for his videos which almost all involve Disney.

I found his discovery island and wonders of life stuff kinda interesting (ethics aside, it’s obviously not smart) but this is kinda a bit much and doesn’t seem worth it in the slightest

So, while reading up on the ongoing Buzzy saga, I came across comments from people on other message boards (I'm not a member or post on them) about a youtuber who was boasting about climbing Big Thunder after park close. I found his channel and watched his videos and apparently he has been backstage in Epcot and DS and roamed around on Discovery Island a few times and also Walt's plane. He has been arrested and banned. However, this new video which apparently came out today, he somehow got into MK and filmed himself climbing around on Big Thunder.

I don't find it funny or entertaining but my bigger reaction was a very uneasy feeling about security. How in the world did this kid get into MK after close (he was banned, so he would not have been able get in the park with a ticket) and how did he get out without being seen? And whats to say that someone with the intent to harm people couldn't do the same? To plant a device on a ride or queue, God forbid. It was just very surprising to me and got me thinking. It can't be that easy, right?

Edited to add: If this post violates any board rules, please delete. I'm definitely NOT encouraging or promoting his behavior.

I am not to concerned about this from a security perspective. If someone wants to do harm at WDW, there are plenty of soft targets where lots of people congregate that an evil-doer would target before bothering to sneak into a part and try to sabotage a ride.

You’re actually encouraging and promoting his behavior by going to his channel and watching the videos.

I am in no way encouraging this behavior, but I found the actual video. As awful and idiotic this is what is also concerning is the comment section. Hundreds of comments passionately giving ideas for this imbecile to act again on different attractions and thanking him for his work. This world sometimes I just don’t know...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!