Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

So glad everyone is pulling in. Wish I was there! Arnold is taking me to see Aladdin in 3D this afternoon. We are going into Austin @ Bob Bullock Museum. Can’t wait to hear & see more. I think we have until 3:00 today.

Judy,

There is usually a big pot luck dinner a couple of nights. I think the group was waiting until Ed arrived tomorrow. Kris and Bert (garneska) are leaving on Wednesday, so I would guess Sunday and Monday, but these things are a bit fluid. I'll walk down your way and say hi. I'm up around the corner on site 2.

j

Okay, this is gonna be an adjustment.

Speaking of multifamily, flametamr hosted last night.

I'm trying to post pics but when it gets done uploading it just shows the img with a line through it. I tried multiple pics. If it gets to working I'll fix this post with pics.
IMAG1770.jpg

IMAG1771.jpgIMAG1772.jpgIMAG1773.jpgIMAG1774.jpg
Anyway, Joe smoked a Boston butt. I cooked up some beans and corn. Jim rounded up the desserts.

Last edited:

Bishop your site is wide open.

I posted on the tech board about pics and also unable to pick which page of a thread you want to view.

Last edited:
Bishop your site is wide open.

I posted on the tech board about pics and also unable to pic which page of a thread you want to view.
We should be there in about an hour, or so. I just didn’t want to set up in the blazing heat!

We should be there in about an hour, or so. I just didn’t want to set up in the blazing heat!

I understand. You're still in full sun right now. I'm sitting under my canopy with my fan admiring it.

Okay, I fixed pics on above post from yesterday's meal at Flametamrs site.

Today for lunch we went to The Original Oyster House.
I had my usual shrimp au gratin.

IMAG1775.jpg

DD is creature of habit, so cheeseburger it was.
IMAG1776.jpg

Afterwards we had our dessert at Scoops ice cream place just a block away.

Now normally I post pics of before, but I'll be a little different here.
IMAG1769.jpg

On the left used to be some sea salt caramel cheesecake ice cream, in the middle was formerly a stout banana split, and the far right was a short lived mint chocolate chip.

Lord rest their souls...

This evening Bishop and Ed rolled in safe and sound. We had dinner on SouthAlabama5er site so I excused myself from picture details.

Minus this one of my DD and the famous Mallory.
IMAG1778.jpg

Judy came by and introduced herself and her family and again Judy, I promise, we're still working on training SouthAlabama5er on indoor plumbing so just give us a little more time.

In the morning my guests are pulling out and heading home.

As far as I know puzzle detail begins in the morning so I need to get some shut eye.

Gonna give this new DIS software a try .....

So yes we got in last night about 6pm as the sun was getting lower in the sky. Tiggerdad called me out of the blue when I was out on the beach highway by the new Gulf Lodge hotel so you can guess that by the time I checked in and went to my site, there was a crowd gathered to watch me back in. (It's one of the things we like to do - I've been on that side too).

It only took me one back-and-forth to get into my spot (during which the assembled crowd let out a disappointed "aw"). I blame spectator interference and for the safety of the fans I had to adjust. :rolleyes: Lisa and I did minimal set up then we assembled at Randy's camper for Nic's pork chops. Most of the gang was there except Teamubr who was out running around (as he told us this morning) with DW. Met Judy and her gang and Bishop Arc and his DW so there are some new faces here this year (although we do miss Gloria/Arnold and Mike).

Yeah, the sunrise pics in my post above were beautiful. Note the last picture has the start of the puzzle set up for this year. I did some more set-up in the early morning while is was cool(-er) but there was a nice breeze. So here is my set-up outside so far. Pretty much done from this angle.

Tiggerdad was the first puzzler to show up this morning (as is his habit). You can see him seated in the bottom left corner of this picture at the table. It's a new puzzle this year, 1000 pieces and NOT a Thomas Kincade.

The Kincade puzzles/paintings have fine detail even along the edges which helps get pieces in the right places. This one is a little tougher because of the lack of detail along the edges and subtle color changes along a good portion of the border.

But tiggerdad, Bishoparc, Teamubr, PaHunter, and Southalabama5er, and Judyfun all stopped by this morning to help get it started along with some spouses and pets. Bishoparc brought some peanut butter pretzel bits and Fort music and PaHunter's DW brought some chilled banana chocolate chip bread so they both paired nicely with my morning diet Coke.

It's getting warm quickly here so we called it a morning and here is our progress.

It is a portrait style picture and it came with a nice fold out copy for reference so we no longer have to pass the box back and forth.

Gonna do shop shopping this morning to pick up things we need/forgot and then :confused3 .

Ed

PS - so the sunrise pics that I uploaded directly loaded quickly but the linked pics in this post more slowly. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Been a relaxing day. Got up bright and early this morning to get in on puzzle time. I’d read about it too much to not get up and be there! DW of course came in and showed me up but I tried.
505E9CAB-8CCC-4FD4-8FF3-BA1F75DB3A70.jpeg

Here are a few pics from our campsite (#16)
1619276E-57D0-48C6-9075-51D0A7D687AB.jpeg

Also, I’m pretty sure this sign was put here just for us...

Watching all the chefs chip in their ideas on preparing dinner tonight is a treat in itself . . .:rotfl:

Our first full day was a nice lazy one. DW and I went to Target to get a few items (very nice store here in GS) and in the electronics department they had one of those old Poloroid Instamatic cameras. I did a double take on the price though.

Then we went for an early lunch to the Sunliner Diner, a big 50s style diner at the corner of 2nd Ave and Hwy 59. Shares an intersection with the Souvenir City store (shark mouth entrance), Shrimp Basket restaurant, and the recent Dollar General. We got an appetizer of onion rings, DW got the shrimp and grits (as she usually does when she sees it on a menu), and I got the classic reuben. It was good all around.

The menu is inside the newspaper above.

Oh and yes we double dipped on the onion rings because we are married.

After lunch was some reading and nap time.

Then I moved outside in the shade (nice breeze blowing off the lake) and Kris/Bert came by on their bikes as did Joe. Jim and Chris walked up and stopped to talk and sat down. Lots of people left the campground today but of course a new bunch is coming in to take those empty campsites. Watching people back in is, as we have said, part of the entertainment.

Ed

Happy Memorial Day!We ate at the Sunliner last year. I believe it just opened. Good food! We miss not being y’all this year. So glad all has made the park safely. Thank you for the pictures & all what is happening. The food looks delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter