GTY assignments.

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
There used to be an official thread that kept track of GTY assignments, but I can’t seem to find the latest one. Does anyone know where it is? Lol. I’m trying to find out if Disney changed how they assign rooms and how close to sailing has it been lately? Someone in my FB group noted that when they checked in they they got assigned automatically.. Nothing checked in and nothing.

Has Disney ever over sold a ship with GTY rooms? I hear of Carnival doing it quite often here lately.

I think the question is have they overbooked the GTYs resulting in cabins committed that aren't actually available.
I've never heard of that as an issue. AFAIK, if you can book a GTY cabin, there is one available, and the maximum number available is what they classify as GTY. So when it's gone, it's gone. I've definitely seen GTY offerings disappear, regular bookable/selectable options disappear, and GTY appears, so I'm assuming that their standard procedure is to tag a certain number of cabins for GTY and draw down that inventory as they book up the numbers but the actual assignments are done based on some kind of efficiency algorithm that takes into account the number of people, staffing assignments/location, lifeboat capacity, and kid's club capacity. That may be why the timing of when they assign actual cabin numbers varies - there may be instances when they want to ensure lifeboat capacity and kid's club capacities are not overbooked because there is a lot of demand, then worry about the remainder.

We've had a GTY cabin be assigned within a few days of booking (within 30 day period) and 3 days prior. Our friends have had it assigned the day before, the day of, and several weeks before. I'd love to be on the inside seeing how it's done; it's a very interesting practical mathematical optimization problem.

Just seen numerous reports of Carnival doing it here lately. I was thinking Disney never had.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter