Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

Mark's Sandwich at Cosmic Ray's looks good...I'll have to look for that on the menu when we go. Cosmic Ray's has been one we do every year, when the kids were little they LOVED watching Sonny Eclipse "sing". Now, we love the fact that they have such a varied menu, even if it means standing in multiple lines. We love the rotisserie chicken platter there, and it is big enough to share, but I will have to take a closer look at the sandwich offerings this time!

I haven't been to Cosmic Rays for years... almost 10 I think but Mark's sandwich looks good!

I like Flame Tree's Pulled BBQ Pork sandwich also. I think that's the only thing I like from Flame Tree. I'm wishing that I could have one right now. :lmao:

Was that Turkey Sandwich at Cosmic Ray's a new item? It looks pretty good, and I sometime feel like a cold item in the middle of a hot day at MK so it could be a good option.

Mark's Sandwich at Cosmic Ray's looks good...I'll have to look for that on the menu when we go. Cosmic Ray's has been one we do every year, when the kids were little they LOVED watching Sonny Eclipse "sing". Now, we love the fact that they have such a varied menu, even if it means standing in multiple lines. We love the rotisserie chicken platter there, and it is big enough to share, but I will have to take a closer look at the sandwich offerings this time!

I love the ribs and chicken there, but we were in the mood for something a little lighter this year.

I haven't been to Cosmic Rays for years... almost 10 I think but Mark's sandwich looks good!

I like Flame Tree's Pulled BBQ Pork sandwich also. I think that's the only thing I like from Flame Tree. I'm wishing that I could have one right now. :lmao:

I could go for one myself right now.

Was that Turkey Sandwich at Cosmic Ray's a new item? It looks pretty good, and I sometime feel like a cold item in the middle of a hot day at MK so it could be a good option.

I'm not sure if it is a new item or not. We usually go with the ribs, chicken or pulled pork; I think this is the first time we've had a sandwich there in over five years.

I agree...a nice turkey sandwich is a good change of pace on a hot day.

man.. I would kill for a pulled pork sandwich right now! great reviews!

Stand in line...I wish I had time to make them when I got home tonight. ;)

I promise an update tonight on the dining reviews.

Subscribing. :yay: I really enjoyed your review of breakfast at CP. We have ADR's there for breakfast in the spring and I can't wait to try some of that yummy-looking puffed french toast! :goodvibes

Can't wait for the update!

Coming up next. :)

Subscribing. :yay: I really enjoyed your review of breakfast at CP. We have ADR's there for breakfast in the spring and I can't wait to try some of that yummy-looking puffed french toast! :goodvibes

Welcome; thank you for joining. We LOVE Crystal Palace; I think we have gone the last seven trips in a row. The puffed french toast is my favorite.

Monday (September 26) turned out to be our one and only day with rain. It started at 3 p.m. and ended around 8:30 p.m.

Mary (MaryAZ) and I were texting back and forth to see if we were still going to Epcot. The little ones were going to stay in with Grandma and Grandpa, so we said we'd meet up and grab food and do some attractions (if the rain ever ended).

Mary and I went to Tangierine Cafe and the guys went to Sommerfest.

I had never eaten here before and had no idea what to expect, but I wanted to be adventurous for a change.

I ordered the Chicken & Lamb Combo. This contained chicken and lamb (obviously), along with Hummus, Tabouleh, Tangierine Couscous Salad and Moroccan bread

lamb.jpg

The lamb was pretty tasty (it is only the second time I have ever had lamb of any kind). The chicken was very dry and inedible. I have decided that I am not a fan of Tabouleh, Humus or the Couscous Salad. The bread was okay...but I would have preferred smothering it with butter. ;)

I'm glad i tried it, but I won't be going back anytime soon. And for any of those interested, they no longer have the lamb meatballs (this was what I originally wanted as it was recommend by MickeyNicki's husband, Todd, but they were not on the menu. I can't remember what Mary had.

Mark and Jeff both had a bratwurst and beer at Sommerset. Both deemed the bratwurst delicious, and the beer even better (it was so good that Jeff had a second beer). Sorry...no pictures as I had the camera.

Mary and I went and got Slushes in France since the guys hadn't come for us yet. Let me just say...I LOVE the Grand Mariner Slush. :worship::worship:

I give Tangierine Cafe a 5 out of 10. As I said, the lamb was pretty tasty; I just didn't care for the rest of the meal.

Mark gives Sommerset an 8 out of 10 for the bratwurst and a 10 for the beer.

After dinner, we headed over to Norway to get some dessert (it was still raining and we wanted to go inside somewhere).

Mark had another beer, and we shared the chocolate cake. Okay, I ate most of it with my cappucino, and I gave him two bites. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Day4169.jpg

Day4170.jpg

Mary had the school bread.

Day4172.jpg

I give the chocolate cake a 10 out of 10. I LOVE chocolate, but I have found lately that like some other foods (pizza, red sauces, etc.), chocolate does NOT always agree with me (stomach issues). But this was very tasty and went down smoothly with no issues later in the night.

Up next: Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and lunch/dinner at Olivia's Cafe

Todd is so bummed they no longer have the meatballs but he likes the falafel so hopefully we will get there this trip...I love the chicken schwarma but mine has never been dry...might have to get the lamb combo, never had lamb other than those meatballs

I love the cous cous but can take it or leave it on the taboulleh

:thumbsup2 to being adventurous! I don't think Tangierine Cafe will ever make our "to do" list. The desserts, however, do look delicious. I've heard so much about that school bread on the boards & it does look yummy. I'll have to try & remember to try it out next year.

Its funny, but we really enjoyed our CS meals in July. We ate at Cosmic Ray's and I thought it was pretty good. Better than, say, McDonald's or other gross fast food...plus, I can get cheese fries of the unnatural variety I never get anywhere else. :lmao: Have never eaten at the CS in Morocco (which I'm not going to try and spell right now). I actually love Middle Eastern food, like couscous and tabbouleh and falafel, but we have a really great place nearby, so it never seems like a must-do while we're at Disney.

Sorry you weren't a fan of your food at Tangierine Cafe. I love it there - the meat, tabbouleh, hummus, and couscous!

Well, if it counts for anything.... your picture of your meal looks good even if it didn't taste good. ;)

Personally, I have only been there once and I was feeling a tad under the weather...so not sure if I can give it an accurate assessment.

Just caught up with you reviews, I have a good excuse for being late, I was visiting the happy place :goodvibes

I would love to try Boma for breakfast some time, we have tried dinner and loved it

Sorry that Tangierine Cafe wasn't great for you, it's one of my favourites

Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

Well,good for you for trying something different!!!:goodvibes I really wanna try TC as well, I never had lamb but my DH likes it. I think the lamb meatballs would have been a good way to try it for the 1st time. I'll check plates & nose around before I order to see if I wanna try it. I do like hummus but everything else is new to me.

AS for the slushes are they real strong? B/c I'll have my 1 year old w/ me & want a light cocktail. If not, I'll know for DH & I to share one. They look good from pix I have seen!

Oh & Lovin' the review!!! I always check back to my favorite ones!! =)

Geoff really likes the taboulah and the cous cous salad. I love hummus, so we usually ask for extra hummus for the bread. I do like cous cous, but the salad is cold, so I'm not a huge fan of that.

I love the meat though...and again the hummus <3

sad to hear you didn't love Tangerine Cafe! It's on my next time list!

I love Kringala bakery <3

Norway is must do for our next trip since we didn't make it this time! The problem is that Epcot has too many places to eat! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter