Grouper Game Room on Castaway

tezb

There is a special place in heaven for the mother
Is this new? We haven't cruised since 2001 and noticed this in the excursion brochure. Is the Game Room new or did I just not notice it before???

It's fairly new, they added it last year...I don't remember exactly when, but I think it was 6 months to a year ago. :)

thanks Michelle...have you used the gameroom? Would teens like it...boys?

I checked back and they actually added this in April 2002. I haven't used it personally but here is what is included:

pool tables
ping pong
foosball
shuffle board
basketball hoops
football toss
horseshoe
giant checkers

It's located at the far end of the family beach by the teen beach area. :)

Guess it's in the teen area since teens would like it! I know where that is, near the volleyball...my DH use to play volleyball there. Sounds like a nice shelter to go to get away from the heat too! Are the games free or included?

The games are free and we have photos of the gameroom on our website at www.castawayclub.com
Teens would definitely enjoy it. It really is a nice break from the hot sun, and they have water available there too. Personally, I think it's one of the best kept little secrets on CC, although we do occasionally see them bring the kids from the kids clubs over.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

thanks so much Barb...your pics at your site really helped to see what it looks like. My boys will have fun there...esp since they don't need quarters!! Have a good cruise!

Dh and I spent some time there on our Western cruise in April. We practically had the place all to ourselves. We shot some hoops and played some pool. There was one family playing checkers at the life-size checkerboard, and a few teens playing pool. It was lots of fun, in the shade and, best of all, free. :)

Maybe no one knows about it because most don't walk down that far. We did because I have teens and found their beach to be less crowded (no one seemed to care that we were there)and my DH played volleyball which is right on the teen beach. Will definitely look for the hut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter