• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great apple sauce

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
A couple of weeks ago I posted a crock pot recipe for Hot Caramel Apples. Here's the link: http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103437

Well after we ate it I was thinking that it would probably make a good apple sauce. Today I bought Rome apples and tried it in the crockpot.

What I did was I cored and cut about 7 or 8 large apples. I cut them into big wedges and left the skin on them. I tossed them into the crock pot with about a cup of unsweetened apple juice, 10 caramels, 2/3 cups brown sugar, some butter and about 10 red hot candies. I mixed it all together and let it cook. When everything was soft I used one of those hand blenders to chop up the remaining apple. You can remove any pieces of skin that won't chop.

My kids had it warm for dessert tonight. They loved it. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter