Grand Villa at Old Key West in March...and lots of plans to be made.

Just noticed on NASA's website that the launch of Space Shuttle Discovery (Mission STS-131) is scheduled for March 18th. If you get lucky, it might be postponed a few days and you might get to see the launch. I got to see a little bit of one a few years ago. We were sitting in the airport, waiting for our flight home. I was able to press up against a window and look to the east. It was an amazing fireball / smoke trail. I've heard that even at Disney World, which is 60 miles away, its an incredible sight!
Good luck!

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

Just noticed on NASA's website that the launch of Space Shuttle Discovery (Mission STS-131) is scheduled for March 18th. If you get lucky, it might be postponed a few days and you might get to see the launch. I got to see a little bit of one a few years ago. We were sitting in the airport, waiting for our flight home. I was able to press up against a window and look to the east. It was an amazing fireball / smoke trail. I've heard that even at Disney World, which is 60 miles away, its an incredible sight!
Good luck!

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

ah, thanks for the tip. i'll have to keep my eye on that.

Brief update.

But, it is my first update in the double digits. 94 days!:yay:

Tom booked a return flight. Same as us. So, only my sister hasn't made arrangements.

I rule at fantasy football. One big step closer to some extra spending money for Disney. Thank you Ryan Grant!!!!

It's cold. I want to go to Florida. NOW!

Almost Christmas. shockingly, my Christmas shopping has been done for 2 weeks.:woohoo: Celebrating with the in-laws this saturday. Then, my brother and his wife are flying into town next wednesday. Haven't seen them since early July! Gonna be a whirlwind week of Christmas and family fun. I'm sure the Disney trip will be a hot topic of discussion. Which is nice. I am an exciteable person. I've been wanting to talk about this trip since it was planned in May. But, (understandably), it was just too far away for the others to get too excited about. So, I was alone in my excitement. Now, it's coming. Plans are getting made, the months are (almost) turning into weeks, and everybody else is catching up with me in terms of excitement.

Well, that's all for now. Gonna make some non-update updates soon. Just something outlining how I think each day will go, something else discussing what specific things I'm most excited for...and, back to the beginning...the story of how this trip finally happened.

Coming soon.

Hello!

:santa::santa::santa:

-3 Months from today is the day we check in to OKW!

Well, last week, I dunno what happned. The excitement of booking plane tickets kinda wore off. The Disney trip was kinda back to the back of my mind. It's still 3 months away. Christmas is coming up. Even the 100 day mark didn't excite me.

But, the excitement is back, in full force this weekend. With a little help.

1-I finally saw 'Up' on friday night. Wow. I had heard nothing but good things about it and have been waiting for the DVD to come out. But, historically, movies that get across the board positive reviews fail to meet my personal lofty expectations. But, 'Up' was really that good. Makes me want to get a hold of every Pixar movie and watch them back to back.

2-Travel Channel had a marathon of Disney on saturday. Half watched the Cruise line special. Fully watched the Behind the Scenes show. And REALLY enjoyed Samantha Brown's favorite Disney things. Watched the Behind the Scenes show with my daughter while we both at lunch. I asked her if she wanted to go there, and she said "Yes" which is her usual response. But, at one point she randomly said. "Go there. after done eating." So, she's ready. :thumbsup2

....and, so am I. Not that I really NEEDED a Disney shot in the arm like that. But, wow. Has me re-thinking any plan that has me spending anything less than a full day at all parks. I'm sure that wasn't their intention or anything. :rotfl:

So, yeah, I was in a good mood this weekend. Until the stupid Packer game. Now, off to Lambeau Field to trash our place kicker's locker.

Up is definitely one of the best Pixar movies. There's a little bit of everything...sad moments, funny moments, touching moments. So good! We got the DVD but have yet to watch it.

So do you think the Packers will still make the playoffs? They better...*crosses fingers*

So do you think the Packers will still make the playoffs? They better...*crosses fingers*

I think so. They still have a game on the Giants and the tie-breaker over the Cowboys. Not to mention a relatively easy last 2 games against the Seahawks at home and against the Cardinals who will likely have nothing to play for and will just be resting their injury prone players before the playoffs. So, yeah, I am not worried. I'd be even less worried if they won on sunday though. :sad2:

Hello!

:santa::santa::santa:

1-I finally saw 'Up' on friday night. Wow. I had heard nothing but good things about it and have been waiting for the DVD to come out. But, historically, movies that get across the board positive reviews fail to meet my personal lofty expectations. But, 'Up' was really that good. Makes me want to get a hold of every Pixar movie and watch them back to back.

Gotta say I loved UP, great movie. Pixar has hit a couple of homeruns in the last little while, Wall-E was also a favorite of mine, I thought that movie was very well done.:thumbsup2 Glad to hear your filled the "magic tanks" and are back on track.

Special Christmas Edition.

Tonight is my last night at home for a while. Then the Christmas tour of the upper midwest starts. Going to my parent's house tomorrow - Christmas Day. My siblings will be there, including my brother and his wife. I haven't seen either of them since early July. Then to Milwaukee to celebrate with some extended family. Then the big haul to Western MN to see Kelly's family for a few days. Back to work on the 30th....for another 2 day work week. :)

So, It will be a nice relaxing weekend. Except for the part next Sunday where I have to try to watch the Packer game in Viking Country. yuck. But, I'm excited. Especially for the part where I don't have to work for a week.

So, until next week....Have an excellent Holiday!

Happy New Year Everybody!

Well, Christmas is obviously long gone. And it took a while to get back into the normal routine. Couple updates.

-Tom's girlfriend Beth will be joining us! Just for the first half of the trip. Probably Saturday - Wednesday. But, great news! I had thought the ship had sailed on her coming.

-My grandmother gave each of us a $100 disney gift card to use on the trip.

-Just need to pick a date, but, pretty sure Kelly and I will be volunteering at cerebral palsey bowling event for our free Disney Day.

-PACKERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!! woo! big day on Sunday! Also, if the Packers end up playing you-know-who in the playoffs, you're gonna see a different side of brewcrew80.

-Thursday is a big day too. I turn 30!

-Damage report from the holidays: I gained 3 lbs back. Expected. I'll get back down.

-This trip is coming up fast!

-PACKERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!! woo! big day on Sunday! Also, if the Packers end up playing you-know-who in the playoffs, you're gonna see a different side of brewcrew80.

Woo hoo! :yay::dance3: It kind of stinks though that they have to play the same team again right away.

Cool about the Give A Day, Get A Day outing. I have to decide what to do so I can get my ticket!

-Thursday is a big day too. I turn 30!

-Damage report from the holidays: I gained 3 lbs back. Expected. I'll get back down.

Go Pack Go, Happy Birthday, and 3 pounds isn't too bad. You should be able to drop that in no time!:thumbsup2

Woo hoo! :yay::dance3: It kind of stinks though that they have to play the same team again right away.

Cool about the Give A Day, Get A Day outing. I have to decide what to do so I can get my ticket!

Yeah, scheduling oddity there. 3 of the first round games will be repeats of the previous week. and there was a chance for all 4!

I'm ok with it...but, all I can think about is the fact that an Eagles and Packer win would result in another meeting with Brent and the Viqueens.:eek:

Well, in case anybody is worried about me after the Packer game yesterday, I'm fine.

I really enjoyed the game. I'm a die-hard Packer fan, but I'm a football fan first. And I can appreciate the fact that they just played the highest scoring game and one of the better games in playoff history.

It was a great effort to come back to tie the game the way they did.

NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Well, in case anybody is worried about me after the Packer game yesterday, I'm fine.

I really enjoyed the game. I'm a die-hard Packer fan, but I'm a football fan first. And I can appreciate the fact that they just played the highest scoring game and one of the better games in playoff history.

It was a great effort to come back to tie the game the way they did.

NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you. Flashbacks of the Seattle Playoff game in 2004 when Harris took an interception back for the winning touchdown. What goes around comes around, I guess. I think it was SI.com that pointed out that Rogers, Jennings and Finley are all very young and have a lot of good football ahead of them.
But the thing that made me feel the best was Brad Biggs, a Bears reporter from the Chicago Tribune saying this: A wise NFL observer told me the Bears' biggest problem isn't a coordinator search, it's the Packers. "They'll be good for a long time."

I'm back again.

2 months from today!

My sister booked her flight....to Charlotte. she's spending a couple days with my brother and SIL and driving down with them. So, everybody's travel arrangements are set. My parents will get there first. Then we'll be divided in 2 waves. Me, Kelly, Lydia, Tom and Beth Friday night and Pat, Kristen and Angie at about noon on Sunday. excellence.

Probably gonna volunteer at a bowling event next weekend to get the free Disney day.

Otherwise, not much new. Winter sucks. I need to do something. going skiing with friends at the end of February. That'll be fun. Also, taking Lydia to an indoor waterpark in Wisconsin Dells the weekend before skiing. So, that'll be nice. But, the next month is a lot of nothing.

I'm back again.

2 months from today!

My sister booked her flight....to Charlotte. she's spending a couple days with my brother and SIL and driving down with them. So, everybody's travel arrangements are set. My parents will get there first. Then we'll be divided in 2 waves. Me, Kelly, Lydia, Tom and Beth Friday night and Pat, Kristen and Angie at about noon on Sunday. excellence.

Probably gonna volunteer at a bowling event next weekend to get the free Disney day.

Otherwise, not much new. Winter sucks. I need to do something. going skiing with friends at the end of February. That'll be fun. Also, taking Lydia to an indoor waterpark in Wisconsin Dells the weekend before skiing. So, that'll be nice. But, the next month is a lot of nothing.

Sounds like it's all coming together!

Which resort are you going to in the Dells?

Woo hoo, only 2 months to go! :thumbsup2

We have had a really hard time finding anything to do for the Give a Day so I have a feeling we won't be doing it at all. :confused3

Cool about the Dells. I haven't been there in years.

Woo hoo, only 2 months to go! :thumbsup2

We have had a really hard time finding anything to do for the Give a Day so I have a feeling we won't be doing it at all. :confused3

Cool about the Dells. I haven't been there in years.

wow, we found a bunch of stuff. there was one where all ya had to do was make a blanket.

So, while I'm back to posting...I thought it'd be fun to post a very early look at what the week might look like. Obviously very subject to change.

Friday, March 19th-As of now, I have this day off of work. I don't need it. Flight doesn't leave until late Saturday, but I have lots of vacation time and would rather NOT work than work. So, it'll probably be a lazy day of packing and preparation. This is also a full day of NCAA tournement. So, the idea of being home is extra appealing.

Saturday, March 20th-TRAVEL DAY!-No hurry. Just wake up, load the car up. Probably meet Tom near Milwaukee somewhere and get to the airport a solid 90 minutes early. We'll get to Orlando at 9. Only 8 our time, so Lydia will hopefully NOT be overly tired. get the bags. My parents are picking us up from the airport and we'll go to whatever cheap hotel we found for the night.

Sunday, March 21st-Now, the trip really starts. And this is the day that could set the tone for the trip. Get up early and check into OKW....then, it'll depend on the weather. If it's sunny and 85, pool day. If it's overcast and/or cool, evening EMH is at the Magic Kingdom, So, no real hurry to get there since we can stay late. Either way, we'll be able to get up and get to the resort without having to panic about missing valuable park time.

Monday-March 22nd-Morning EMH at AK. Evening EMH at DHS-I'm mostly married to the idea of making this day an intense park day. I think the rest of the group would be opposed to 4 park days. And if we're gonna see 4 parks in 3 days, this day is key. Get up early, head to AK...spend the first half of the day there. Then head to OKW for a lunch and a nap, then on to DHS for the rest of the day.

Tuesday, March 23rd-This day will kinda depend on what happens sunday. If Sunday turns out to be MK day, then this day is likely a pool day because 3 park days in a row doesn't do anybody any good. If Sunday is a pool day, then today could very well be Epcot day. EMH in the morning. Which is nice. I love Epcot. I've said it before. Something relaxing about it. Not very line-intensive. Just kinda a place ya see at your own pace. And, if we see it on this day, we can always park hop over to MK for the rest of the day. Allthough, seeing Illuminations is something I don't want to miss.

Wednesday, March 24th-I'm thinking pool day. EMH is at AK. we'll probably have been at parks 2 of the first 3 days. I'd really like to pool hop on this trip. So, I'll probably push for spending a few hours at a different pool. Likely SP since it'd be easy to get to...and looks awesome.

Thursday, March 25th-Another day that depends on Sunday. If sunday is a pool day, this is MK day. morning EMH, and obviously, a park with a lot to do for a 2.5 year-old.

Friday, March 26th-low key pool day. Probably some time at DTD. Mostly lazy day before the flight leaves at 9pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter