Grand Floridian beds & accommodations

DunkinNut

Earning My Ears
Grand Floridian - questions about room comforts for physical disabilities.

I have a connective tissue illness and the comfort of the bed and room is critical on my vacations. Even when there are “top of the line” beds.

Is anyone here that can talk a bit about the beds and mattress comfort? I was actually considering sleeping on the daybed that’s in the room with a blowup air mattress on top which I know sounds crazy but it’s very, VERY difficult for me to sleep more than a few hours without pain.

Does GF cater to any of these needs (no expectation, just curious)? I would be so thankful if they had an air topper in request.

Are there any accessibility extras I should be aware of OTHER than walk in showers, TTY & light-flash alarms? Has GF been able to meet any specific needs?

At home I have an adjustable base with an air mattress on top that is adjustable. On vacations, I often will take a blowup camping mattress even when we’re staying in a very nice resort because that’s what it takes for me to not be in pain.

I so can’t wait for this vacation…we are Disney Superfans with many years of AP’s (25+ years on/off) & even a former cast member kid. But this sleeping scenario is always a hitch.

Thanks for any help.

As far as I know, none of the Disney World Resort Hotels have any form of air mattress available as an accommodation. I have heard (here on this forum) of others who have rented an air mattress to use while staying at WDW from local medical supply companies. You can also contact Disability Services regarding your stay.

You can contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

Another source of information might be AdventHealth: they are Disney’s health services partner. You can call them at (407) 939-7480

AdventHealth can possibly help you arrange the rental of a medical-grade air mattress; from this page on Disney’s website, they say this:

Between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM Eastern Time, 7 days a week, you can reach the AdventHealth Experience Center at (407) 939-7480 to arrange health care equipment delivery to your Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Outside of these hours, please contact AdventHealth online. View the list of health care equipment offered. Orders can be placed prior to or during your vacation.​

You may want/need to work with Housekeeping to move/remove furniture in the room, including the hotel mattress depending on what solution you use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter