Grand Cayman Excursions

Cdolan

Earning My Ears
For anyone wondering about using Grandcaymancruiseexcursions to book an excursion, I have to say they went above and beyond for me booking a Captain Bryan's Stingray City trip followed by Horseback Riding on the beach. My original reservation was cancelled by the horseback riding people (don't know reason) but "Matteo" from the Island Marketing Group that handles the Grand Cayman excursions website took the time and effort to make it work for us, and once again we have reservations to do both, just a little different from what is advertised for the horseback riding part. We are on the Magic sailing 4/12; will let everyone know how it all goes!

Welcome to the Disboards Cdolan. You'll need to let us know how it goes.

What is the name of the Stable you are using for the Horseback riding?
I've only heard wonderful stories about Nikki's but know that she is no longer on the website.

Thanks in advance!

Rae

The name of the stable is Honey Suckle Beach Rides; I did not book direct with them, but used the Grandcaymancruiseexcursion website, worked with Matteo, and he made it happen!

Thanks! Let us know how everything went!

We look forward to your trip report!

Rae

I have made the same arrangements for the 5/10 cruise , so please do keep us updated.
thanks,

They were wonderful!!! We enjoyed the ride very much... family of 5... the ride was booked for our DD (8) who is absolutely in love with horses!!!

She talks about the experience all the time!!! Beautiful view!!!

I'm going to take my 8 year old son riding. Can you tell us about the ride - where did you go? Easy trails? Able to gallop in the water? ETC! Anything to whet the appetite!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
I'm going to take my 8 year old son riding. Can you tell us about the ride - where did you go? Easy trails? Able to gallop in the water? ETC! Anything to whet the appetite!

Rae

The ride was approx. 90 minutes long... mostly on the beach... about 15 minutes went on path (wide like a road). On the path it gets a bit warm (no breeze), but on the beach it is breathtakingly beautiful. The beach is, for the most part, deserted. I think we saw two people during the entire ride.

Penny and her husband (cannot remember his name) were wonderful. Friendly and very entertaining. They were great with my DD (8). The possibility of galloping is based on the riders experience. You must discuss this with them when arriving and let them know of your wishes.

Depending on the month in which you will be riding... the morning ride is the best choice. Due to the Magic leaving the island so early, the sunset ride is not available. Penny offers the afternoon ride in it's place, only because of the demand. She would rather not have the horses on rides in the heat of the day.

The horses are great... friendly and calm. They will match the riders with the horses based on ability and such. We had a great experience! My DD is not experienced at all, she will start riding lessons this spring when the weather warms up. She rode with Penny on the back... however DD held the reins the entire time. Following the ride, Penny said that DD could have certainly handled the ride on her own, her "personality exhibits great control" ;).

We had a hilarious experience... DH's horse loves the water. Penny's husband told him as a young horse his previous owners used to take him into the water and he would just lay down in it. Well, DH led his horse into the water on the way back... and the horse laid down with him on his back! DH pulled up on the reins and UP the horse came and DH didn't fall off. It was hysterical. It all happened so fast that we didn't even get a picture... but we will laugh about it for some time to come.

I hope I have answered some of your questions... we would surely do it again!

Oh, yes! That was very helpful! And sounds just wonderful! Thank you for the speedy reply also!

Rae

goin2dzny what a great story. May I ask what part of Md are your from. I am in Harford Co.

We had a great time and I am very happy to share our experience.

Ginger... we are on the Eastern Shore.:smooth:

Ohh, you are in rare form today, Buckaroo's Dad!!!! Again, I wonder if it comes from your Mother's side or your Father's!! BAD! BAD! BAD BOY!!

; )
Rae

Cdolan - I sent you a pm

I too used Matteo and he was great!

:teeth: okay, now that I read my post I can't blame you at all...I was asking for it:teeth: Wide open on that one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter