Grand Californian Super Thread

This is incredibly helpful info, 3TinksAndanEeyore. Thank you! We're trying to decide about whether to stay at the Club Level on our next visit and all of the pictures and info is really useful! If you have anymore photos or info on the offerings throughout the day or your take on the experience, I'd appreciate it!

I’m actually sitting in it right now! Here is the daily schedule:

View attachment 677033
Thank you so much for all of your helpful info and pictures so far!! Hope you're having a wonderful time. I'm going with some friends in August, and we'll be staying Club Level as well. Sorry if this has already been answered, but a quick search didn't bring it up: are complimentary alcoholic drinks only served during that 4pm-7pm window?

Thank you so much for all of your helpful info and pictures so far!! Hope you're having a wonderful time. I'm going with some friends in August, and we'll be staying Club Level as well. Sorry if this has already been answered, but a quick search didn't bring it up: are complimentary alcoholic drinks only served during that 4pm-7pm window?
They have drinks available all day. I know they have champagne for mimosas and pink flamingos in the morning, we had wine at lunch, dinner, and dessert, and cordials are available upon request at dessert (I had a Kahlua and cream one night). I’d guess any of those would probably be available at different times if requested.

What is the seating area like? I've seen loads of pictures of E-Ticket Lounge but almost none of the Veranda. Are there alot of seats? Is there a nice view?
There are lots of tables inside and a couple of couch areas as well as tables and a long bar seating area on the outside deck. It can get a little busy/crowded feeling at times, but we never had a problem finding a place to sit. I thought to take photos of the food, but not the seating. But I know I saw YouTube videos with good overviews of the lounge if you look up Grand Californian Veranda!

There are lots of tables inside and a couple of couch areas as well as tables and a long bar seating area on the outside deck. It can get a little busy/crowded feeling at times, but we never had a problem finding a place to sit. I thought to take photos of the food, but not the seating. But I know I saw YouTube videos with good overviews of the lounge if you look up Grand Californian Veranda!
Thanks! I'm glad you're having such a great trip :)

What does the crowd look like? Has it been lots of people or pretty mellow? We're visiting on Sunday for four days, so incredibly excited but hoping to avoid a huge cluster :-)

What does the crowd look like? Has it been lots of people or pretty mellow? We're visiting on Sunday for four days, so incredibly excited but hoping to avoid a huge cluster :-)
Here now. The hotel is pretty quiet, but the parks are super busy & big rides keep going down

DTD Partial View room. Anyone like it? I keep reading about the noise level and walk and wondering if it’s worth going with the (more expensive) Pool View room instead. Worst case scenario can earplugs and sound machine drown the noise out from DtD 🤷🏼‍♀️

DTD Partial View room. Anyone like it? I keep reading about the noise level and walk and wondering if it’s worth going with the (more expensive) Pool View room instead. Worst case scenario can earplugs and sound machine drown the noise out from DtD 🤷🏼‍♀️
We had a DTD view several years ago and I never noticed the noise when we had the balcony door closed. At least not anything that kept us awake even napping. I actually liked having the door open and hear the people moving and the music and the trams dropping people off (during nap time I mean).

Can we talk Cabana's! after several hours of searching for information and hopefully a map of the cabana's at the Grand I was unable to come up with any pictures with locations.

This is what I found out for pricing and times. Unfortunately, the date I need in August was full, but they offered me one at DL resort and I declined as its not something were interested in doing unless its better than the grands pool?
Pricing;
Full day 9:30-6:30 $424.00
Half day 9:30-1:30 or 2-6 $374.00

If anyone has August 10th booked and thinking of cancelling can you let me know, I'd be happy to take over your reservation by calling after you cancel!!

Looking for preference locations of cabana #'s that would be great! we're a family of 4, with teens, so looking not to be in a "busy" zone, lol!! Just in case we get a reservation I can request a cabana #.

Also do people call daily for cancellations? Know its a hit or miss with cancellations or do people cancel these reservations!! Seems like I'm back at the hunger games!!

Can we talk Cabana's! after several hours of searching for information and hopefully a map of the cabana's at the Grand I was unable to come up with any pictures with locations.

This is what I found out for pricing and times. Unfortunately, the date I need in August was full, but they offered me one at DL resort and I declined as its not something were interested in doing unless its better than the grands pool?
Pricing;
Full day 9:30-6:30 $424.00
Half day 9:30-1:30 or 2-6 $374.00

If anyone has August 10th booked and thinking of cancelling can you let me know, I'd be happy to take over your reservation by calling after you cancel!!

Looking for preference locations of cabana #'s that would be great! we're a family of 4, with teens, so looking not to be in a "busy" zone, lol!! Just in case we get a reservation I can request a cabana #.

Also do people call daily for cancellations? Know its a hit or miss with cancellations or do people cancel these reservations!! Seems like I'm back at the hunger games!!
What is the number to call for the cabana at The Grand?

We’ve done cabanas at DH a few times and once at GCH. We much prefer the DH pool area. However I don’t know if I’d want to trek over there if I was staying at the GCH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter