• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

we bought a lot on ebay and just got them today.. the copyrights on the back of the pins are ALL spelled wrong :( MICKEY was spelled MIKEY :( little mermaid was spelled lille mermaid :( a bunch of others are spelled wrong as well!

not a happy mama

the pins were purchased from disneyfamily801

Definitely let them know you know they are fake and ask for a refund. If they don't refund your money you can contact Paypal and file for a refund using not as described as your reason. So sorry you got a bad lot but Thank You for checking!

I bought 2 lots from them and they were all fake. I learned by reading on the boards to ask ebay for your money back and tell them they are trying to sell fake pins that are copyrighted. I got my money back and the shipping I paid then left negative feedback. Hope this helps you and others!

:thumbsup2

i really had no idea about this until i saw a thread on the budget board today. can anyone suggest me a seller that sells lots and are safe. gone through a bunch on the green list and only see singles

bizzybee1 is listed on a safe sellers list here and currently has a 25 pin booster assortment for $49.95 on eBay. That's probably as close as you're going to get to a lot purchase with real pins. (I'd post a link, but I'm new to the board and need a few more posts before I'm vetted.)

Note that I have not bought from this seller personally, and am solely relying on the recommendations of others on the board.

It wasn't even that pin that caught my eye, it was the poor workmanship, the pins are thin and have practically no weight to them when compared to a pin I bought from The World:( Not to mention the stamps on the back of most are hard to read, not clear at all and the textures/imprints are all different on the backs of the pins with no patterns for years released:(

I just got this response from them:

What do you all make of this? I told them that i'm bringing them with me to WDW to have them checked, that if they're found to be genuine, i'll keep them and apologize for falsely accusing him, but if they're fakes, i'm sending them back and reporting them for fraud.

what ever happened when you took the pins to Disney?

Has anyone ever bought from blue-butterfly-boutique on ebay? are they an ok seller?

No, but in looking they appear to be legit. Again, without seeing the pins in person it's hard to say but if they had something I needed to finish a set I'd buy it.

what ever happened when you took the pins to Disney?

Probably nothing, the CM's normally have no information regarding the authenticity of the pins, most CM's wear lanyards because they are told to.

Hello! New to pin trading would like to get some to start my kids out. I've searched and can't find any info on cl-pin-provider (on eBay) does anyone have any information for me? Would you buy from them? The feedback looks good...

THANKS!

Hello! New to pin trading would like to get some to start my kids out. I've searched and can't find any info on cl-pin-provider (on eBay) does anyone have any information for me? Would you buy from them? The feedback looks good...

THANKS!

Absolutely not!
Their feedback is horrible...
Fakes are mentioned 3 times..
and all of their listings are scrappers.
to see a sellers bad feedback..click on the red or grey numbers...
save your money..
WDW has a deal right now..
they have an 8 pin Purchase with purchase pin lanyard set of 19 bucks.
they are very nice pins..and you know they are real.

Anyone purchased from pixiehollowjoe on eBay?

I would bet the store everything they have is real and that you will get great service..:)
their feedback is wonderful,
they have no scrappers listed...
and they take their own pics..I would buy with confidence.

Absolutely not!
Their feedback is horrible...
Fakes are mentioned 3 times..
and all of their listings are scrappers.
to see a sellers bad feedback..click on the red or grey numbers...
save your money..
WDW has a deal right now..
they have an 8 pin Purchase with purchase pin lanyard set of 19 bucks.
they are very nice pins..and you know they are real.

Thank you! I was just trying to find a bunch at a cheaper price as I have 4 kids to buy for. Guess I'll start suggesting it as a birthday gift. :)

Thank you! I was just trying to find a bunch at a cheaper price as I have 4 kids to buy for. Guess I'll start suggesting it as a birthday gift. :)

try to look for lots that are on cards.
figure that a real pin will cost you about 2 bucks each in lots.
or if you get the new starter packages.
Also..check the disney stores or outlets in your neighborhood for sales.

THANKS!

I wouldn't recommend for the same reason as Deb. Stock photos, lots of 25 pins starting at 99 cents?? I would avoid them for trading. They have mostly good feedback, only 4 negatives, but always remember that many pin buyers don't know (or care) about scrappers so give positive feedback either way. That said, I may buy a lot or a few singles just to confirm my feelings, but my feelings are these are scrappers.

Pin trading is not meant to be a cheap hobby. There are sellers with legitimate stuff but there are more scrapper sellers than good sellers. The majority of trusted sellers I use charge more and don't sell lots.......Good luck!! Try checking the disneystore.com site, they will often have pins at great prices on sale. Also, there are other pin boards (just talking about pins) with good sellers that have pins for $2-3 each.

So I decided to run a test.....I found a pin being sold by cl-pin-provider that I really wanted, so I did a BIN, since I had already done that I decided to bid on a lot of 25, knowing that they will be scrappers, but knowing that I will be able to use them no matter what. :) So I won the lot for $13.50.....bought the pin I hope is real and picked up a few other BIN pins that I would like to be real but am not hopeful about. Once I get them I will let you know my feelings after the pins. I do not think the lot or a few of the singles will be good, but again, I hope the other one is....

I also did the same for disneypinpros, I know I have purchased individual pins from them and they were fine, I also won a 25 pin lot for $13.00 from them.....

I did this because I felt that the costs are negligible when I am unable to trade them and again, I will use them for other "projects".......I like to break the post off and glue a magnet on the back for a fridge magnet, or I use them as push pins in corkboards, or I use them for decoration in the bathroom, that way if they rust it's not that big a deal. :)

Quick update, I got the lot of 25 from disneypinpros and they are so bad.....so bad that I find it hard to believe anyone could believe they were legit!! Every one of them is dull, scratched, too light and some have missing paint in places! Terrible, just absolutely terrible..... :( So terrible that I will probably just throw them all away, they really are that bad. I did contact them and say "I received my pins but they are all scrappers, all dull finish with scratches and missing paint". I don't expect them to do anything about it, except offer me a refund (which they will probably just turn around and ship the pins to someone else to trade so I won't do that) but I wanted everyone here to know that this lot is the worst lot of scrappers I have EVER seen.....I wish I could share them with you guys but the photos probably won't come out right.

Quick update, I got the lot of 25 from disneypinpros and they are so bad.....so bad that I find it hard to believe anyone could believe they were legit!! Every one of them is dull, scratched, too light and some have missing paint in places! Terrible, just absolutely terrible..... :( So terrible that I will probably just throw them all away, they really are that bad. I did contact them and say "I received my pins but they are all scrappers, all dull finish with scratches and missing paint". I don't expect them to do anything about it, except offer me a refund (which they will probably just turn around and ship the pins to someone else to trade so I won't do that) but I wanted everyone here to know that this lot is the worst lot of scrappers I have EVER seen.....I wish I could share them with you guys but the photos probably won't come out right.
make sure you give them a negative and tell other buyers about your experience.
they have lots of bad feedback about scrappers.

They don't have lots of bad feedback about scrappers, and I know I've purchased singles from them before with good results, that's why I wanted to check again. They already gave me my feedback, I will be sure to keep updating after I hear back and yes, of course I will leave them the appropriate feedback.

Does anyone know anything about the seller
cl-pin-provider? I am interested in a few of there pins, but I am a little suspicious.

Also, what are some reliable sellers that sell starter kits? I am looking for one that is cheaper than Disney's.

Does anyone know anything about the seller
cl-pin-provider? I am interested in a few of there pins, but I am a little suspicious.

Also, what are some reliable sellers that sell starter kits? I am looking for one that is cheaper than Disney's.

its easy..click on the red # to see the bad feedback..
here is his:http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ch=neutral&interval=365&_trkparms=neutral_365
the guy sells all scrappers
as for a real starter set..
the best is to buy the purchase with purchase one direct from disney at the park..
18.95 with a 30 buck purchase i believe for 8 large pins and a lanyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter