• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Quick question - Am I safe if I'm purchasing booster sets that are sealed off ebay or do I really need to consider the source on there as well? I just bought a few sets from thewill, but i got some pretty cheap and now I'm thinking maybe I should be concerned about sealed sets as well.

As far as thewill, he can sell legit items as well as some that are questionable. I looked at his listings and I see he has a muppet set up. That seems legit. I've read there are fake booster packs out there. I have not run into any, out of the booster packs I've purchased lately.

As far as thewill, he can sell legit items as well as some that are questionable. I looked at his listings and I see he has a muppet set up. That seems legit. I've read there are fake booster packs out there. I have not run into any, out of the booster packs I've purchased lately.

What would be the giveaway as to whether they are genuine or scrappers?

Has anyone recently (like last month or so) bought from steamboatwillie39? I see he's on the green list, but I don't know when the list was last updated.

Thank you!

What would be the giveaway as to whether they are genuine or scrappers?

I don't know of any signs for the unauthorized booster sets. I know certain sellers seem to sell legit packs. Some of these sellers are kittykat2bad, bizzybee1 and themuchnessofdisney.

Had more recent, good experiences with:
kather99
newdestinynow
joynpeace
meekd100
akai34711

I need to stop buying individual pins on ebay, or I won't have any left on my wish list when I get to the parks! :laughing:

I know this seller has been confirmed to sell authentic pins but I am starting to feel a bit uneasy about my purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130567507153

The seller has sold two other sets of these pins. Do you think they are scrappers?

I know this seller has been confirmed to sell authentic pins but I am starting to feel a bit uneasy about my purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130567507153

The seller has sold two other sets of these pins. Do you think they are scrappers?

I emailed asking where she obtained the pins, she said:

"Wholesales from one of the eBay seller from the US.

- joynpeace"

Now I really do think they are scrappers!

- joynpeace"

I don't blame you for being concerned. This is not a set that was sold together, it's a set of Hidden Mickey pins, which are very commonly counterfeited. She also ships from Hong Kong? That's a major red flag.

- joynpeace"

I don't blame you for being concerned. This is not a set that was sold together, it's a set of Hidden Mickey pins, which are very commonly counterfeited. She also ships from Hong Kong? That's a major red flag.

I agree, they could very well be scrappers. I've seen lots of these that are scrapped.

I've just bought a bunch from themeparkconnection - they all seem legit to me.

They almost seem to have a pipeline into CM Estate sales - they've got a bunch of older CM-only merchandise, some of which looks pretty cool.

I've just bought a bunch from themeparkconnection - they all seem legit to me.

They almost seem to have a pipeline into CM Estate sales - they've got a bunch of older CM-only merchandise, some of which looks pretty cool.

He is an excellent seller...
all of his items are legit...
and, if you get lucky as he starts most of his auctions out at around a buck...
he is normally a good deal.

There is some negative feedback for tennpins. I've purchased from this seller, back in February, with no problems. I was guarded.

Headed to Disneyworld next week and forgot about pins (oops) until yesterday. I am trying to research this thread and look on ebay while I work, but can anyone recommend a reliable Seller or Sellers that I can get pins from, I will need at least 50. Reading this thread I feel bad because I know we have more than likely bought scrappers before (when I wasn't informed) but I don't want to do that again. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter