Golfing at Disney

newarknut

A kid at heart!
I'm wondering if anyone can help me decide which course to play when I visit WDW in December. We'll be staying at WLV and BCV. I know there are courses close to both. I have never played while at Disney. I'm a decent handicap, if that matters to course selection.

I would prefer playing in the morning, but would be open to the afternoon.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Newarknut

All the courses are nice. Either the Palm or Magnolia has just been redone. If you tee off later in the AM, the rates drop dramatically. My 8 AM tee time was at $95 green fee and cart, my 11AM fee was $45. Was also less crowded, I found at this time of day. Good Luck.
Glenn

I strongly prefer Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge. They are beautiful courses, and great for the lower handicap. Many people have complained of losing too many balls there, but, if your handicap is not too bad, you won't have a problem.

That preference stated, all of the courses are very nice. I like Palm and Magnolia next best, and I find LBV a bit dull.

I noticed you are staying at DVC resorts - if you are a DVC member, check out the DVC golf membership and see if that's a good deal while you are there. We saved enough in one outing to pay for the membership during the spring. Not sure what the rates are in December - I think that they are low. It is not always a good value - depends on your tee times and number of times you play, how many of you there are (discounts are good for a foursome). Disney Club has special rates, too.

Have fun. The golf there is terrific.

When we were there in November, my son's only request was to play the course with the Mickey sand trap - that's Magnolia. His handicap is about 8 and he really enjoyed playing that course and already has plans to plan it again next trip. Magnolia is also the longest course, with Palm being next I believe.

Boo's Nana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter